Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 1

Postby Wildey

ill be honest Robbo has not Played 7-1 better than carter this afternoon so even if he lost this Robbo will be happy but carter would also be happy. Game on.

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:so here we are at the semi final stages and for my money having Robertson And Selby there with the chance of meeting in a final is ideal for a New Start under Barry Hearn.

both done their apprenticeship and both tournament winners no disrespect to Carter and Dott but a Selby v Robertson Final im looking for to herald a new era in snooker.

new era, old era - load of borrox mate...... Davis playing nowadays, Hendo too - the best progress on the day.........

2 great semis, nothing to do with new eras or Barry Hearn..... just some top snooker. :wave: :redneck:

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Robbo v Selby is dream final

Dotty vs Carter - would be delicious <ok>

or

Robbo vs Dotty

I like the blend of either:

a past winner vs someone trying to get the ultimate prize for the first time

2 players yet to win the big one could and would result in it being too nervy and restrict the quality.......... <ok>

Postby The Cueist

StalinESQ wrote:
Sonny wrote:Robbo v Selby is dream final

Dotty vs Carter - would be delicious <ok>

or

Robbo vs Dotty

I like the blend of either:

a past winner vs someone trying to get the ultimate prize for the first time

2 players yet to win the big one could and would result in it being too nervy and restrict the quality.......... <ok>

:chin: I dont think so smarty boy,The final will be Robertson v Dott or Selby,To be really honest i havnt got a great deal of time for Carter and i am not a fan.

I think Robertson will be too strong for Carter but Dott or Selby will hold their own against Robertson more than his previous opponents.

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote:You cant odds Robbo at the moment GJ,As you know i am not a fan of him but he is a great snooker player nonetheless and he will make the final and has a farly good chance to win his first world title.

<ok>

anyway its only session 1 he needs to keep his level up to win this match

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:3-5 is called damage limitation 6-2 isnt

:afro:

It was, 0-5 and 1-6 down ... can't win it in session one but you can certainly lose it, Carter hanging in there ... a 3-1 session win tomorrow AM and he's back in it.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

It was, 0-5 and 1-6 down ... can't win it in session one but you can certainly lose it, Carter hanging in there ... a 3-1 session win tomorrow AM and he's back in it.

first day of the semi final doesn't really show much of how it will go.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

If Carter had gone 0-8, would you have fancied his chances ? And I mean honestly now wild, not one of your Hendry 'never knows when he's beaten' lines ...

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

If Carter had gone 0-8, would you have fancied his chances ? And I mean honestly now wild, not one of your Hendry 'never knows when he's beaten' lines ...

yes

Carter is Well capable To beat Robbo 5-3 in a best of 9 so two 5-3 sessions its 14-10 going in to the final session.

Postby The Cueist

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
The Cueist wrote:You cant odds Robbo at the moment GJ,As you know i am not a fan of him but he is a great snooker player nonetheless and he will make the final and has a farly good chance to win his first world title.

<ok>

anyway its only session 1 he needs to keep his level up to win this match

Yes but he has got that way about him since Saturday that makes me get the feeling that he will get close to or win the title this year,Straight up GJ,The Crucible likes him,Do you see what i mean GJ?

It is going Neils way. <ok>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:

yes

Carter is Well capable To beat Robbo 5-3 in a best of 9 so two 5-3 sessions its 14-10 going in to the final session.

:roll:

Postby The Cueist

<ok> Hearn wont mind though,Robertson appeals to the newbies of snooker fans and the 20-30s fanbase.

I think a Roberston v Dott is on the cards final wise.

It could be a Selby V Robertson final and if it produces a first time winner then maybe Snooker could be the winner as well in terms of promoting the game in Australia if Robertson were to win the World title.

There is a lot of good snooker left in this years World Championship,Mark my words.

Hearn is probably glad ROS is out,Truth be told he is probably praying for Robertson to win as he knows the possibilities for promoting the game in Australia and he knows an Australian World Champion is just the asset he would need to do that.

Postby Smart

There are few people Vs area in Australia so going there would be a disaster......... China is the place because there are huge volume of people and the game is huge - but they dont fund tourneys very well and after all these years there are still only joke best of 9 format tourneys out there.

Something does not add up.

If we have to take this UK game abroad lets see it done proper....... proper formats, proper money. :D

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:It was, 0-5 and 1-6 down ... can't win it in session one but you can certainly lose it, Carter hanging in there ... a 3-1 session win tomorrow AM and he's back in it.

yes

Try again. Two 5-3 sessions and it would be 12-12 going into the final session.
<laugh>

Read the underlining bold question from bourne before you try and be a clever sausage <ok>

Postby Smart

The Cueist wrote:Well maybe,Maybe not ,Smarty boy.

He is growing on me,I think as a person he is positive and means no harm to anybody,I get the impression he wants to please people and i find myself liking and respecting him for that me old mucca. <ok>

Cueist - he has permanent phlegm in his throat.............. and coughs as a tactic and use the TT to his favour.

I am not liking and respecting that old chumerino. :wave:

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:If Selby does win the world title, Barry may be forced to introduce the shot clock next year to make sure it doesn't happen again. <ok>

only idiots or Ronny fan boys thinks Selby is Slow.....

Which categorize do you fall in to :chin:

Postby The Cueist

Eurotrash wrote:
The Cueist wrote:Well maybe,Maybe not ,Smarty boy.

He is growing on me,I think as a person he is positive and means no harm to anybody,I get the impression he wants to please people and i find myself liking and respecting him for that me old mucca. <ok>

He probably realises Gould should really be world champion and is just grateful to be where he is. <ok>

With all due respect Gould,He bottled it no matter how you look at it.He let Neil off the hook and he has gone from strength to strength,It takes some doing to come back from 11-5 down all said and done.