Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 1

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:Any quick guess of what the score will be in this match at the end of this session? I think Robbo 6-2 and to be honest Carter would probably be happy with that.

Carter has shown in this match how tough mentally Snooker at the Crucible is.

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Any quick guess of what the score will be in this match at the end of this session? I think Robbo 6-2 and to be honest Carter would probably be happy with that.

Carter has shown in this match how tough mentally Snooker at the Crucible is.

Indeed but what we really need now is a bit of controversy, say Michaela Tabb leaning over the balls and disrupting them with her :jugs:

Postby Sickpotter

I think Carter is suffering from his long match with Murphy whereas Robbo is relaxed/rested having easily dispatched Davis.

Very few players have the ability to keep their focus when they keep getting pushed to the hill match after match. Higgins is really the only player who's shown that ability recently IMO.

Looks like a Robbo blowout at this rate.

Postby Bourne

sickpotter wrote:I think Carter is suffering from his long match with Murphy whereas Robbo is relaxed/rested having easily dispatched Davis.

Very few players have the ability to keep their focus when they keep getting pushed to the hill match after match. Higgins is really the only player who's shown that ability recently IMO.

Looks like a Robbo blowout at this rate.

Spot on. Similar two years ago for Carter and his late semi-final win, got off to a bad start the next day in the final.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:Carters whole body language says that he is not enjoying this. He will want today to be over as soon as possible.

yup but with 2 more frames ;)

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Carters whole body language says that he is not enjoying this. He will want today to be over as soon as possible.

yup but with 2 more frames ;)

Carter is in a mess and in serious trouble. If it goes to 7-1 for Robbo, Carter may well already have too much to do against a player in very good form.