Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Semi Finals Discussion 1

Postby Eirebilly

Why dont you say what you feel sickpotter rofl

I actually agree with you 100%, Robbo winning would be great for the game and considering how fanatical the Aussies are about their sport, i wouldnt be suprised if the game would skyrocket in Australia should he win.

Postby Wildey

Im not overstating it but Mark Selby is making Snooker interesting.

the same people who sais Stephen Hendry was Boring Winning Everything are the very same people who wants to see Ronnie winning everything.

Postby Alex0paul

wildJONESEYE wrote:its been a nervy start so far but i like nervy matches where it isnt bang bang thank you mam.

both these men knows this weekend could define their career.

This has 4-4 written all over it

Postby Wildey

when i first came on 606 3 years ago what was dominating a lot of discussions in the summer of 2007 between Oneball and GJ was who was the better player Oneball said Selby and GJ obviously Robbo and at times it got pretty Heated between them well Guys this could be the week we get to know ;)

Postby Sickpotter

eirebilly wrote:Why dont you say what you feel sickpotter rofl

I actually agree with you 100%, Robbo winning would be great for the game and considering how fanatical the Aussies are about their sport, i wouldnt be suprised if the game would skyrocket in Australia should he win.

No mean intent, I just get :wild2: having to listen to ROS fans complain there's nothing worth watching once he's gone.

ROS is important to the game but he is not the game. Unless the new players are front and center there is little chance of moving the game to the international stage and expanding it's audience.

Fans of snooker wouldn't see someone from outside the UK winning as a bad thing. When one suggests it is a bad thing it just gives the appearance that they care little for the sport and only appreciate one player. That's not the kind of fan the sport needs as their shelf life is limited to that of their favorite player. ROS is late in his career so attracting fans who're only interested in watching him does little to help the game's future.

Postby Wildey

sickpotter wrote:

No mean intent, I just get :wild2: having to listen to ROS fans complain there's nothing worth watching once he's gone.

ROS is important to the game but he is not the game. Unless the new players are front and center there is little chance of moving the game to the international stage and expanding it's audience.

Fans of snooker wouldn't see someone from outside the UK winning as a bad thing. When one suggests it is a bad thing it just gives the appearance that they care little for the sport and only appreciate one player. That's not the kind of fan the sport needs as their shelf life is limited to that of their favorite player. ROS is late in his career so attracting fans who're only interested in watching him does little to help the game's future.

Well said Coach

im a Hendry fan and id love him to win it again but id Love the Trophy To go to a new Younger Player this year and Some of my most Enjoyable Matches has been When hes Lost then i can Enjoy the Snooker More.

Postby Eirebilly

sickpotter wrote:

It frustrates me bady sickpotter. The Ronnie fans complaining because he has gone out have driven me crazy. I have been having running battles with eejits on the 606 for the same reason today. They do not realise that they are the ones that are damaging the sport by tuning out when Ronnie gets beaten.

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson has shown his Tactical Prowess in winning a frame when he needed a snooker 3-0 Robbo.

:huh: I thought Carter hit the jaw of the middle pocket on his safety shot and paved the way for Robbo. :chin:

Tactical prowess,You do talk some marmite wild,And i dont say it to insult you but in this case you are talking poop. :huh:

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Neil Robertson has shown his Tactical Prowess in winning a frame when he needed a snooker 3-0 Robbo.

:huh: I thought Carter hit the jaw of the middle pocket on his safety shot and paved the way for Robbo. :chin:

Tactical prowess,You do talk some marmite wild,And i dont say it to insult you but in this case you are talking poop. :huh:

mate look in the mirror <doh>

Postby The Cueist

wildJONESEYE wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

I dont want to see two wilds,One annoys me enough already. :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
The Cueist wrote:

I dont want to see two wilds,One annoys me enough already. :evilgrin:

good im pleased <ok>

Postby Wildey

Robertson Needs to push on Here Carter doesn't look capable of stringing pots together so far if it isn't 6-2 or 7-1 then Carter would have got out of jail the way hes played the first 4 frames.