Topic locked

Re: Well Done Ronnie

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry

no need at all mate

:afro:

Well I am glad Ronnie was found out, looks like he will never defend a major which in criminal for top sportsmen/women

Criminal <laugh> I know you don't like the guy and are pleased he's lost, but that's a strange thing to say.

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:i've never known such a anti ronnie site

if your not happy ....

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
case_master wc wrote:My jinxing was shameful today, so I apologise to those that had to listen to it. Sorry

no need at all mate

:afro:

Well I am glad Ronnie was found out, looks like he will never defend a major which in criminal for top sportsmen/women

Criminal <laugh> I know you don't like the guy and are pleased he's lost, but that's a strange thing to say.

Yes your probably right…it’s a strange night :huh2: :D

Postby Witz78

Pretty pathetic all the anti-Ronnie feelings and pleasure so many seem to take in seeing him lose on here and in general.

Personally even if i wasnt a fan, looking at things from the outside its the worst thing for snooker, barring Robbo (who im not a fan of) making the final, we are looking at a potential snoozefest and major turn off to the mass public, the very people who Hearn is trying to get back into snooker.

And its not even from a Ronnie perspective im thinking from, though obviously hes the main man. Allens loss is a blow to the tournament too.

Looking back now i wish Gouldy had held on v Robbo and went on to win the whole thing. I cant get enthusiastic at all about the rest of the tournament and im sure im not the only one. (im sure GJ is coming in his pants at the moment though)

Postby Roland

How much of it is anti-Ronnie and how much of it is pro-Selby though? That was a great match, Ronnie played incredible in this tournament. If he had the temperament he would win every single tournament but he doesn't and that's part of why people love him. There's no way this is an anti-Ronnie forum, no way. He's an absolute genius. But the fans say it how they see it, there's plenty of Ronnie fans on here and they are as welcome as all the other fans.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Pretty pathetic all the anti-Ronnie feelings and pleasure so many seem to take in seeing him lose on here and in general.

at last someone who agrees with me, yes i didn't see the same when other top players like higgins hendry williams ding lost but soon as ronnie loses everyone comes out slagging him off, and why? he didn't do alot wrong yesterday, he is a human being and gets beat like the rest (higgins ,ding etc)

Postby Roland

If you have a problem with any posts then you can report them. As yet nothing has been reported.

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Pretty pathetic all the anti-Ronnie feelings and pleasure so many seem to take in seeing him lose on here and in general.

at last someone who agrees with me, yes i didn't see the same when other top players like higgins hendry williams ding lost but soon as ronnie loses everyone comes out slagging him off, and why? he didn't do alot wrong yesterday, he is a human being and gets beat like the rest (higgins ,ding etc)

yes where as when robbo was mocked by smart and cueist the other day did you say anything

<doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

yes where as when robbo was mocked by smart and cueist the other day did you say anything

<doh>

GJ, you know i haven't got a problem with robertson, i've been following him since china now. i've been to watch him. and i hope he wins the torny. infact i can find you posts from me from before the tourney started showing my surport for neil, i have him as tourney winner in predictions.

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

<doh>

GJ, you know i haven't got a problem with robertson, i've been following him since china now. i've been to watch him. and i hope he wins the torny. infact i can find you posts from me from before the tourney started showing my surport for neil, i have him as tourney winner in predictions.

ron what im saying is smart and others were mocking robbo when he was losing to gould so they cant complain if others do the same when ronnie is losing

fair enough <ok>

Postby Roland

His point rocket is that Robbo took some stick too from forum members but it didn't upset you - is that because he won? It's all banter at the end of the day. I don't remember seeing anything nasty and if I did it would have been removed.

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:His point rocket is that Robbo took some stick too from forum members but it didn't upset you - is that because he won? It's all banter at the end of the day. I don't remember seeing anything nasty and if I did it would have been removed.

i did upset me when they said things about robbo, but robbo soon shut them up when he won.

but im yet to read how far higgins is up the m1 or if he is home yet

Postby Casey

Personally even if i wasnt a fan, looking at things from the outside its the worst thing for snooker, barring Robbo (who im not a fan of) making the final, we are looking at a potential snoozefest and major turn off to the mass public, the very people who Hearn is trying to get back into snooker.

And its not even from a Ronnie perspective im thinking from, though obviously hes the main man. Allens loss is a blow to the tournament too.

Looking back now i wish Gouldy had held on v Robbo and went on to win the whole thing. I cant get enthusiastic at all about the rest of the tournament and im sure im not the only one. (im sure GJ is coming in his pants at the moment though)

Awk come on Witz, this coming from a man who going to events and boo's certain players :redneck: a bit of ribbing is only fair given the pedestal that Ronnie is put on.

Also there was ALOT of anti Hendry feelings against Selby and anti Allen against Dott, I took it on the chin and understand that people have a right to celebrate a player they support going through and a player they dislike going out.

I am with you on Robbo, I REALLY hope he gets through, Carter is a solid player but Robbo will provide much needed jazz.

Also Neil is older than Selby, Mark will have several chances left to win this where as Robbo's will be limited from here on.

Postby Casey

Also GJ has a point, Robbo suffered as much abuse on here as Ronnie.

Did anybody else hear the boo's when Ronnie entered the arena last night?

He is still the most popular player on tour but I think it has decreased over the last few years rather than increased. People are finally fed up of him.