Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 12 Discussion !!!!!

Postby N_Castle07

Eurotrash wrote:Ronnie would probably prefer playing Allen, given the higher standard Dott has displayed. :)

Allen's game is much more suited to Ronnie's game than Dott's. But Ronnie is not through yet <ok>

Postby onlyevertonjon

Eurotrash wrote:Ronnie would probably prefer playing Allen, given the higher standard Dott has displayed. :)

To be honest as a Ronnie fan I would be just happy for Ronnie to be in the semi so couldnt give a monkey's who he played. That said if he turns up in the mood he was in yesterday then he is going home. That is my biggest concern.

We need a session of vintage O'Sullivan this afternoon because if it goes close I will fancy Selby.

Postby Wildey

Eurotrash wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Big steal for Allen that one......... now a chance for 12-10

Chopper you ditched 606 then <laugh>

They stopped posting the world championships thread. I think someone offended the Hendry Fan bloke. :roll:

was his name selby ?

Postby onlyevertonjon

Speaking of Hendry, has anyone esle noted in both his defeats this season to Selby Hendry has been Ronnieesque. In other words no real praise of Selby.

I know Stephen has never been the most gracious loser but I'm starting to wonder about "The Jesters" popularity amongst fellow players

Postby Casey

onlyevertonjon wrote:Speaking of Hendry, has anyone esle noted in both his defeats this season to Selby Hendry has been Ronnieesque. In other words no real praise of Selby.

I know Stephen has never been the most gracious loser but I'm starting to wonder about "The Jesters" popularity amongst fellow players

They shared a few quips in the first session, laughing and smiling in the first few frames.

Although Hendry gave a great look to Selby when he was getting on all weird when he had a dolly black to pot.

However I would say that they seem to get on well.

Postby GJ

i notice sir smart made no mention of a certain player clearing his throat during the allen match today

any comment sir smart

;)
Last edited by GJ on 28 Apr 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby onlyevertonjon

thetubberlad wrote:I would have to question anyone who thinks Dott is the worst ever World Champion... is he the best matchplayer of all time?

Dott suffered from being in a poor final, having a squeky voice and beating O'Sullivan, thats why his no nothing critics hammered him. Anyone with any semblence of snooker knowledge knew what a fine player he was.

That said he does seem more likable these days. <ok>

Postby Wildey

at this stage descent breaks isnt import its potting pressure balls at the right time and making important clearances....

Mark Allen has ticked all the boxes so far.

Postby Smart

onlyevertonjon wrote:Speaking of Hendry, has anyone esle noted in both his defeats this season to Selby Hendry has been Ronnieesque. In other words no real praise of Selby.

I think there is something that rubs the other players up the wrong way..... my gut feeling is that they do not like his cheesy "non-funny" interaction with the crowd. <ok>

Postby onlyevertonjon

case_master wc wrote:

They shared a few quips in the first session, laughing and smiling in the first few frames.

Although Hendry gave a great look to Selby when he was getting on all weird when he had a dolly black to pot.

Yeah popularity maybe wrong word but ability then?

Postby Wildey

Stephen wouldn't praise his Grandmother or son if they beat him <ok>

Postby Casey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
case_master wc wrote:

Yeah popularity maybe wrong word but ability then?

Possibly, its hard to know sometimes.

Meantime, this is a good response from Dott

Postby onlyevertonjon

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:i notice sir smart made no mention of a certain player clearing his throat during the allen match today

any comment sir smart

;)

I do not like fist pumping or "come on" from any player - that remains FACT. :wave:

rofl rofl rofl

However, he's praised Ronnie on a number of occasions.