Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 10 Discussion !!!!!

Postby footygirl

case_master wc wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Hendry got to Sort out the Second session play its costing him badly Against Murphy last year he lost it 6-2 and Ronnie in 2008 8-0 and now so far 4-0 :grrr:

Thats right, well its looks like he has given up on it for what ever reason I do not know. Yes he let slip a lead yesterday but at 4-4 the match was still rightly on.

Selby has been good this morning but he has given enough chances, stange behaviour from Hendro :redneck:

Thats what snake hissing me off not the scoreline Selby is capable of winning 4 frames from anyone but Hendry not at the races this morning and was even yawning before he broke off.

It just might be he doesn't have the fight in him anymore. He doesn’t want to go down the Davis route and stumble to one or two good wins a season in the first rounds.

If he thinks he can't compete at the very top he will pack it in, I have a strong feeling if Selby pushes on and wins easily he will pack it in tonight.

That is unfair on Davis - Davis was clever enough to stop chasing records and just enjoy himself. Davis has been able to re-invent himself

Postby Wildey

susy it might be unfair but its true also Stephen would not be happy if he beat Higgins Playing like Davis did because he knows he cant win the tournament playing like that....

Hendry wont be here if he didnt think he has a win in him.

Postby footygirl

wildJONESEYE wrote:susy it might be unfair but its true also Stephen would not be happy if he beat Higgins Playing like Davis did because he knows he cant win the tournament playing like that....

Hendry wont be here if he didnt think he has a win in him.

Look at Hendry'as body language - it tells of a man who is completely dejected

Postby Casey

footygirl wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Hendry got to Sort out the Second session play its costing him badly Against Murphy last year he lost it 6-2 and Ronnie in 2008 8-0 and now so far 4-0 :grrr:

Thats right, well its looks like he has given up on it for what ever reason I do not know. Yes he let slip a lead yesterday but at 4-4 the match was still rightly on.

Selby has been good this morning but he has given enough chances, stange behaviour from Hendro :redneck:

Thats what snake hissing me off not the scoreline Selby is capable of winning 4 frames from anyone but Hendry not at the races this morning and was even yawning before he broke off.

It just might be he doesn't have the fight in him anymore. He doesn’t want to go down the Davis route and stumble to one or two good wins a season in the first rounds.

If he thinks he can't compete at the very top he will pack it in, I have a strong feeling if Selby pushes on and wins easily he will pack it in tonight.

That is unfair on Davis - Davis was clever enough to stop chasing records and just enjoy himself. Davis has been able to re-invent himself

Yes susy he did, and I am glad for him Davis is happy to play in the qualifiers and sneak 1 or 2 wins here and there. I am not criticising that. However Hendry wouldn’t want to do that, just like O’Sullivan wouldn’t want to either.

Davis has had to suffer A LOT of painful and embarrassing defeats over the last 7 or 8 years to ekk out the odd result….Hendry won’t go the same way and I am glad for that matter.

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i know some idiots think selby is boring but yawning before he starts was redicoulous ;)

he was probably doing it as a sly dig but that will only spur Selby on - if he actually saw it <ok>

Hendry has never used gamesmanship in his life, not many players can say that - Jimmy and John Higgins also

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:i know some idiots think selby is boring but yawning before he starts was redicoulous ;)

he was probably doing it as a sly dig but that will only spur Selby on - if he actually saw it <ok>

Hendry has never used gamesmanship in his life, not many players can say that - Jimmy and John Higgins also

I did not see it, missed first 3 frames - just commenting on what might have happened after yesterday Selby taking his time over a simple black in the 0-75 frame, Hendo was sort of laughing / smiling in disbelief at the time..... so he may of wanted to carry it on with a yawn this morning - quite probable ..... <ok>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

I did not see it, missed first 3 frames - just commenting on what might have happened after yesterday Selby taking his time over a simple black in the 0-75 frame, Hendo was sort of laughing / smiling in disbelief at the time..... so he may of wanted to carry it on with a yawn this morning - quite probable ..... <ok>

Selby didn't see the yawn.

But yes the look Hendry gave Selby yesterday was classic, the best moment of the match for me <laugh>

There is no bad feeling though as there was plenty of smiles at the end of the match yesterday between the two of them. <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Selby didn't see the yawn.

But yes the look Hendry gave Selby yesterday was classic, the best moment of the match for me <laugh>

There is no bad feeling though as there was plenty of smiles at the end of the match yesterday between the two of them. <ok>

<ok>

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Regardless of Hendry's misdemeanours here, Selby is playing somewhere near his best level now.

Yep he has got there and nothing will give him more confidence than beating the GOAT at the Crucible. Williams or Ronnie will have a tuff match on their hands.

If its Ronnie there should be plenty of needle, especially as they will be sitting so close together :love: :stir:

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:Selby will be very hard to stop if he gets in the balls he has looked the most consistent breakbuilder this tournament.

Along will Allen and Dott, which is a really tuff one to call. :-(

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:If its Ronnie there should be plenty of needle, especially as they will be sitting so close together :love: :stir:

no dis-respect to Hendo or Williams but I think the whole world wants to see more ROS vs Selby for the fact that they have great matches and there is a bit of tension involved......... <ok>

Postby footygirl

A 99 for Selby piles the pressure on Hendry. Final frame of the session. A must win for Hendry if he is to stand a chance tonight. Murphy struggling to string two frames together after his bright start. Trails Ding 8-6. Selby in good psotion here on a break of 16. Hendry will be on his way home tonight