Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 8 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

Dotty worst World Champion? He's laughing in the face of those who have called him that. You don't get "worst World Champions", they are all World Champions full stop. Dott is class!

Postby TobyDunmoreSnookerjunkie

What performances
As I have been very sick the last week I am just getting tuned. Great perf Steve would be a golden victory. Gould- what a stunner this green swerve ball of the tn?? Incredible good
Gould-Davis qf may be a match for the snooker gods.
Dott I am very surprised but as he beat my beloved Peter Ebdon he must win it now. still outsider ag Allen though? may be a very significant test for Mark how he will cope with mentally strong opponents.
I love Snooker I love the Crucible< :love:

Postby Cheesyman99

Sonny wrote:I guess if Steve wins it will give Gould a chance to get to the semis. What's the story with Gould and a top 16 place? And Davis for that matter.

They mentioned Davis' chances on BBC. He has to reach the Final and needs Perry to lose in the 2nd round.
As for Gould I dont know, he was provsionally 56th before this tournament.

Postby Roland

The funny thing is, if Higgins was playing a top player he would up it no question, the fact he's playing Steve Davis means he's incredibly anxious. He knows he won't live this one down which is putting him under extra pressure...

Postby Lucky

wildJONESEYE wrote:
samuelthegreat wrote:if davis wins this he could well get to the final or better!!

if that happens then snooker going backwards 20 years.

Why? They say if your good enough your old enough, surely that works both ways........would it be the same if Hendry won, with snooker regressing 10-15 years?

Postby Smart

Lucky balls wrote:Why? They say if your good enough your old enough, surely that works both ways........would it be the same if Hendry won, with snooker regressing 10-15 years?

spot on Luck, does not matter what age the players are - I get same enjoyment / fullfillment - no problem here :D