Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!!!!

Postby PLtheRef

I'd say the best qualifier performance since Patrick Wallace who beat McManus 10-2 and King 13-5 nine years ago. And to think a qualifier has won the World title since then. Martin was brilliant tonight and really it would not surprise me to see him win 13-5 tomorrow.

John Higgins may be a different matter but Martin is flying and who's to say he wouldnt give him a deep run for his money?

As for Steve, if he can hold on then that would be fantastic, took a big 16th frame to go 9-7 up and arguably will be happer (though not best happy). Amazing isnt it that we talk of Steve only getting 9-7 up when in any other circumstance we'd think brilliant for him to be 9-7 up and causing Higgins to win a 6-3 session at worst, that said he won it 5-3 today and a 6-1 last week.

If Steve can keep his lead going into the interval, 11-9 then I'd fancy it, but as I've said, if John could get level then that might be the end.

A Gould-Davis quarter-final, one of the most unlikely ones since God knows when would be interesting though. But whoever came through that would arguably be worn down come best of 33 frames next Thursday.

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Is the live scores here accurate? If not, what is the current score?

11-5 Gould <ok>

:scared: Cant see Robbo coming back from here then.

Thanks to the other guys for the scores as well <ok>

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
Lucky balls wrote:GJ is gonna be drunk / annoyed american <ok>

To be fair to Neil Robertson, he isnt playing badly, he is just ran into someone who as Wild has said has put in the performance of the seaon.

Incredible.

you know what i did say performance of the championship but im hard pushed to remember anyone playing as well all season consistently over 2 sessions.

Postby NedB-H

eirebilly wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Is the live scores here accurate? If not, what is the current score?

11-5 Gould <ok>

:scared: Cant see Robbo coming back from here then.

Thanks to the other guys for the scores as well <ok>

It's definitely 11-5 Gould <laugh>

Postby Eirebilly

Bourne wrote:Not over two sessions, i'm thinking Selby from behind in the Masters final and in UK vs Cope from 4-8, and Ronnie from 2-8 down in the UK ... what else ?

Way too much for Robbo to do now. Another year to wait for GJ :afro:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Not over two sessions, i'm thinking Selby from behind in the Masters final and in UK vs Cope from 4-8, and Ronnie from 2-8 down in the UK ... what else ?

yes but when you start to compare gould with things Ronnie and Selby did you know he played bloody brilliantly today.

Postby Eirebilly

StalinESQ wrote:I keep thinking Joe Johnson.

Joe liked to really crack certain pots in, so does Gouldy........... so did Murphy in 05.

Could be that Gouldy has the form of his life for this 2 week period......... happened before. <ok>

Thats a pretty fair point. I dont want to big Gould up as a possible winner but if he continues this form then who knows?

Postby onlyevertonjon

wildJONESEYE wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

To be fair to Neil Robertson, he isnt playing badly, he is just ran into someone who as Wild has said has put in the performance of the seaon.

Incredible.

you know what i did say performance of the championship but im hard pushed to remember anyone playing as well all season consistently over 2 sessions.

Sorry Wild my mistake. <ok>

Postby Wildey

onlyevertonjon wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
onlyevertonjon wrote:

Incredible.

Sorry Wild my mistake. <ok>

i dont mind lol

Postby Roland

OK some of Goulds shots in that last frame:

Shot 1 was a nightmare because the camera angle was in line with the plant so I couldn't really see how the white behaved but it was something like this (note shadows of potted reds is a known bug to be ironed out before general release)

Postby Wildey

jesus mate i cant see if its how it did happen especially the plant where balls was flying around like headless chickens but it looks impressive and a lot of work it seems went in to it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It wouldn't have happened without Sky+ :redneck:

It's >95% accurate.

Im not disputing it acuracy but that plant must have taken time to work out lol

Postby Wildey

just thinking how GJ Must be feeling gutting must be a understatement.

we all been there.

ill tell you the last gutting WC match for me as a hendry suporter was the second round in 2007 lost 13-5 to carter...everything after that been going my way but i was sick after that match.