Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 7 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:but to be WC you got to produce along the way when your back being pushed through a wall....

this is the match Robbo has to show the world he has it in him.

He gave it a damn good go in the semis last year, didn't he get to within 1 frame at one stage ?

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:but to be WC you got to produce along the way when your back being pushed through a wall....

He gave it a damn good go in the semis last year, didn't he get to within 1 frame at one stage ?

7-14 to 14-14

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:

7-14 to 14-14

:bowdown:

If he can get 7 in a row in a semi against a top-class oponement like Murphy, that would suggest he's definitely still alive here.

Postby Bourne

11 out of the last 13 frames from Allen, very impressive. It's impossible to rule him out as a serious contender this week, can't see Dott or Maguire stopping him to be honest.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:11 out of the last 13 frames from Allen, very impressive. It's impossible to rule him out as a serious contender this week, can't see Dott or Maguire stopping him to be honest.

To be fair he has played two journeymen. In my opinion its going to be a massive step up in class whoever he plays in the quarter finals.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:11 out of the last 13 frames from Allen, very impressive. It's impossible to rule him out as a serious contender this week, can't see Dott or Maguire stopping him to be honest.

<cool> :D :ahh:

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:

To be fair he has played two journeymen. In my opinion its going to be a massive step up in class whoever he plays in the quarter finals.

He has put them away very easily though, touch wood in the third session. When you see the likes of Higgins and Robbo who have struggled in both matches to pull away, Allen's everything you'd have hoped from him.

Postby Wildey

Yes he is a serious contender but Davis has had chances and blobbed them.

Maguire and Dott has pedigree they would not be as charitable

Postby Roland

Wow, 6-1! I echo Case_Master, please go easy on GJ with the ribbing i.e. any nastiness will be removed. However... I am laughing at one of his comments from earlier in the week: "Does anyone give Gould any chance in the Fu match?" <laugh>

Postby Roland

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gouldy hold on for the shock win you know. All he has to do is stick with Robbo from here and he's home and dry and he's well capable of that.

Postby Wildey

Friday 23 April

2.30pm

John Higgins 2-6 Steve Davis
Stephen Maguire v Greame Dott

7pm

Neil Robertson 2-6 Martin Gould
Mark Allen 11-5 Mark Davis(Conclusion)

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Wow, 6-1! I echo Case_Master, please go easy on GJ with the ribbing i.e. any nastiness will be removed. However... I am laughing at one of his comments from earlier in the week: "Does anyone give Gould any chance in the Fu match?" <laugh>

Trust me I never say anything with malicious intent, GJ is good enough to take it in good humour i'm sure !

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Hey, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gouldy hold on for the shock win you know. All he has to do is stick with Robbo from here and he's home and dry and he's well capable of that.

He has a better chance than Davis has against Higgins thats for sure because he can pot them off the lampshades so Robbos safeties will be put under pressure.