Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 6 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:I went to the wildjoneseye school of optimism, you mugs can write Higgo's epitaph now if you want but not me <cool> Davis will melt if he hits double figures, Higgo just gets stronger and stronger the more pressure he gets put under :ahh:

the last time higgo defended the title he lost to the great <laugh> ryan day in round 2

anything is possible higgo looks drained :chin:

Looks drained :redneck: Good stuff bro, I needed a smile tonight.

Postby Wildey

chumba

you only just made it in to the exclusive school by the skin of your teeth now keep up the good work ill be assessing you for the 11 days left of the championship <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:anyway good luck robbo :ahh:

i have a feeling it will be a tricky test gould is playing well

I think Gould is a better player than O'Brien, but if it makes any sense, I think Robbo will look better playing him. O'Brien spoils, that's his game, and he drags others down. Robbo's game was never going to look a million dollars, but was always going to win. However, scorelines rarely reflect the nature of O'Brien games.

Gould has a bit more about him, but I think Robbo will get more chances to play his natural game. We'll know a lot more about Robbo after this on, I'm sure of that. Gould has a bit of confidence in himself too, he has taken out Hendry, Stevens & Fu over the last 18 months, and looked good against Allen last year too.

I think Robbo will come throught though.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:chumba

you only just made it in to the exclusive school by the skin of your teeth now keep up the good work ill be assessing you for the 11 days left of the championship <ok>

Er, thanks ! :hmm:

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:

I think Gould is a better player than O'Brien, but if it makes any sense, I think Robbo will look better playing him. O'Brien spoils, that's his game, and he drags others down. Robbo's game was never going to look a million dollars, but was always going to win. However, scorelines rarely reflect the nature of O'Brien games.

Gould has a bit more about him, but I think Robbo will get more chances to play his natural game. We'll know a lot more about Robbo after this on, I'm sure of that. Gould has a bit of confidence in himself too, he has taken out Hendry, Stevens & Fu over the last 18 months, and looked good against Allen last year too.

i agree with tuberlads analysis

Postby Bourne

Big part of that match will be Gould's nerve, how confident will he be amongst the balls ? Robbo doesn't tend to miss much when he gets a chance, I think Gould knew he could make mistakes against Fu and get away with them but not tomorrow ... How should Gould go into the match, what attitude ? The way he ended the match against Fu will at the very least keep him in the match deep into the third session.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:

i earmarked gould as a top 32 player at the start of the season but hes been marmite to put it mildly so he has really outdone his form this season this championship and he could be more relaxed than hes ever been playing a match having nothing to lose with the confidence of winning a match at the crucible something the likes of hawkins hasent done in 5 matches.

Postby Tubberlad

Gould is good enough to win I think, whether he actually will is another matter entirely. As you say Bourne, a lot of it IS down to his mental approach to it all. You give Robbo half a chance, and he'll snap them up. He's possibly the best single ball potter in the world at the moment (Williams might have something to say about that), so he's capable of picking off Gould in that sense.

Postby Bourne

Will Gould have a nothing to lose mentality though, I don't really know much about his character and his attitude really, I hope he doesn't take a lackadaisical approach to the match because he could get a pretty bad beatdown, Robbo's game is so rounded these days.

Postby Tubberlad

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this tournament, way more than last year. 2009 felt like a bit of a joke at times with the pockets playing so easy, it killed the tension knowing that every ball was inevitably going to drop. We've had some smashing games, and Higgins Davis could end up being an absolute classic...

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Will Gould have a nothing to lose mentality though, I don't really know much about his character and his attitude really, I hope he doesn't take a lackadaisical approach to the match because he could get a pretty bad beatdown, Robbo's game is so rounded these days.

after the season hes had just qualifying was a major hurdle now hes in the last 16 of the biggie id say its made up for a poor season...so he can enjoy tomorrow see what happends..

i think robbo will win but it will not be easy.