Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 5 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Has Davis been the best qualifier overall this season ?

yes

Thought so, looked such an obvious potential for an upset - confident qualifier against out-of-form player struggling for consistency :roll:

Postby Roland

“I’m not entirely surprised as we knew he had a lot of changes in mind when he took over but it’s typical that the first time I get into the top 32 they talk about changing the system.”

That is why MC Davis is anti-Hearn, it's for selfish reasons. Pro-Hearn = thinking what's best for snooker, Anti-Hearn = protecting existing players from losing professional status to better younger players who currently can't get on tour.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:

well wenbo is but outside top 32 yes id say so

Yeh Liang did most his hard work in Shanghai, Davis has been up there for sheer consitency.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

yes

Thought so, looked such an obvious potential for an upset - confident qualifier against out-of-form player struggling for consistency :roll:

to be fair i thought he was the type to play well at the cubicles and do nothing at venues like gerard greene

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:“I’m not entirely surprised as we knew he had a lot of changes in mind when he took over but it’s typical that the first time I get into the top 32 they talk about changing the system.”

That is why MC Davis is anti-Hearn, it's for selfish reasons. Pro-Hearn = thinking what's best for snooker, Anti-Hearn = protecting existing players from losing professional status to better younger players who currently can't get on tour.

yup they think small but we always knew that would be the case unfortunately.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

yes

to be fair i thought he was the type to play well at the cubicles and do nothing at venues like gerard greene

That was my biggest problem with him too, and Day has done well here past two years. I'd be surprised if he hauled himself over the line here to be honest, Davis is too steady in the balls and will surely get one good chance ...

Postby Wildey

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:“I’m not entirely surprised as we knew he had a lot of changes in mind when he took over but it’s typical that the first time I get into the top 32 they talk about changing the system.”

yup they think small but we always knew that would be the case unfortunately.

and with all the voting this and voting that and genaral rubbish happening that is why Barry wants 51% stake it will make the running of snooker so much better for everyone.