Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 5 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I want to see the context because I don't believe he's said that - "middle ranked players are mediocre". Context is important.

i know it is but we also know on text in papers the context looks very different.

Postby Roland

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:I want to see the context because I don't believe he's said that - "middle ranked players are mediocre". Context is important.

i know it is but we also know on text in papers the context looks very different.

That's not the point. You just said his biggest mistake was calling lower ranked players mediocre and he never said that. You're just as bad as the anti-Hearn brigade coming out with stuff like that. It's misleading, he never said it as you made out he said it.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

That's not the point. You just said his biggest mistake was calling lower ranked players mediocre and he never said that. You're just as bad as the anti-Hearn brigade coming out with stuff like that. It's misleading, he never said it as you made out he said it.

how do you know if you didnt read his quote :john:

smart was having a chat with a rather menacing looking figure there in the crowd <laugh>

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

The feeling that I got when I was up there talking to some of them that this vote is going to be a lot closer than people think & the more players that vote the less chance there is of Barry Hearn staying in. Which is a bit of a worry.

Postby Roland

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

The feeling that I got when I was up there talking to some of them that this vote is going to be a lot closer than people think & the more players that vote the less chance there is of Barry Hearn staying in. Which is a bit of a worry.

It's a lot of a worry if you ask me. Just goes to show, a lot of snooker players obviously bunked off school to practice their snooker.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

it was a mistake being open to be interpreted to have said that..

he did use mediocrity thats without doubt and some will take that as "barry hearn called me mediocre so the hammer can go to hell"

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Here's a link to the news story. It was the only one I could find, but was told from Mark Davi's perspective;

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/5079136 ... n/?ref=rss

ive never seen that until now and it seems from that i was right.

yes what barry has said is out of context but when you put a seed out there it grows and grows.