Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship Day 4 Discussion !!!!!

Postby Roland

I just had a peep at BBC iplayer seeing Liang was in a good position. Wish I hadn't now. His own fault really, he should've won that frame. Ronnie is there for the taking. At least Williams and Selby have the game to take him out when he's this hot and cold. Liang has let me down.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I just had a peep at BBC iplayer seeing Liang was in a good position. Wish I hadn't now. His own fault really, he should've won that frame. Ronnie is there for the taking. At least Williams and Selby have the game to take him out when he's this hot and cold. Liang has let me down.

you shouldn't say that its looked upon as anti ronnie ;)

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I just had a peep at BBC iplayer seeing Liang was in a good position. Wish I hadn't now. His own fault really, he should've won that frame. Ronnie is there for the taking. At least Williams and Selby have the game to take him out when he's this hot and cold. Liang has let me down.

No question Ronnie is there for the taking but that clearance just there showed he's still happy to plug away when in trouble in a frame.

Postby Roland

I'm guessing you guys who are saying what a clearance must've been listening to commentators raving about it because it really wasn't that special from where I'm sitting. I mean yeah, can't fault it but his red along the rail earlier was questionable and he was very lucky to finish on the yellow like that. The rest of it was bread and butter for professional players.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:

No question Ronnie is there for the taking but that clearance just there showed he's still happy to plug away when in trouble in a frame.

Had Wenny won that frame is was game on. Now Ronnie can fall over the line easily enough, so much for Wenny being the toughest 1st round draw :redneck:

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I'm guessing you guys who are saying what a clearance must've been listening to commentators raving about it because it really wasn't that special from where I'm sitting. I mean yeah, can't fault it but his red along the rail earlier was questionable and he was very lucky to finish on the yellow like that. The rest of it was bread and butter for professional players.

Come on Mr Meldrew, you didn't expect him to clear up from that pink did you :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'm guessing you guys who are saying what a clearance must've been listening to commentators raving about it because it really wasn't that special from where I'm sitting. I mean yeah, can't fault it but his red along the rail earlier was questionable and he was very lucky to finish on the yellow like that. The rest of it was bread and butter for professional players.

i guess the shot to get on the yellow defined the break otherwise it was straight forward.

Postby Roland

Yeah and I guess the commentators raved about the shot to get on the yellow and I'm saying there was no way he played it like that but I guess in at least trying to get the white over there he was giving it a chance so yes, fair play I suppose. Still snake hissed off at Liang for a bucking useless attempt at a double to let O'Sullivan in. I could get closer playing blindfolded cueing backwards between by legs.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

Come on Mr Meldrew, you didn't expect him to clear up from that pink did you :redneck:

because hes been to the crucible he thinks hes a expert ;)

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah and I guess the commentators raved about the shot to get on the yellow and I'm saying there was no way he played it like that but I guess in at least trying to get the white over there he was giving it a chance so yes, fair play I suppose. Still snake hissed off at Liang for a bucking useless attempt at a double to let O'Sullivan in. I could get closer playing blindfolded cueing backwards between by legs.

wenbo has been disappointing but hes playing better today than yesterday but thats not saying a lot.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:9-3 ... Time to start salivating over a Williams vs O'Sullivan match-up ;)

lets hope that isnt a anti climax :roll:

Both been below par in R1 but both are champions who know how to raise their game when it matters, I can see a 13-10 or tighter !

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:9-3 ... Time to start salivating over a Williams vs O'Sullivan match-up ;)

Both been below par in R1 but both are champions who know how to raise their game when it matters, I can see a 13-10 or tighter !

I hope so. I am kinda stuck on who I want to win. I really like Mark Williams and was so glad he won another tournament. However, a Ronnie v Selby match would be full of needle and tension. With them sitting beside each other I could see sparks flying. :argue:

Postby Bourne

case_master wc wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

I hope so. I am kinda stuck on who I want to win. I really like Mark Williams and was so glad he won another tournament. However, a Ronnie v Selby match would be full of needle and tension. With them sitting beside each other I could see sparks flying. :argue:

Hendry vs Selby and Williams vs O'Sullivan as R2 matches are huge, easily worth of being semis or better.

Postby SnookerFan

I just arrived back. Knackering weekend of snooker, but worth the effort. <ok>

Sorry I never got around to getting the Snooker Island t-shirt, but saw a few of you wearing them in the crowd. I didn't meet any people after the games though. Loving the live scores feature at the bottom of the screen.