Topic locked

Re: ***Official World Championships 2010 SEETHING thread***

Postby Roland

And then he took about 10 minutes to put the white back exactly where it was. I mean when you've got a monitor and can see the overlay of live and how it should be, how bloody hard can it be?

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:And then he took about 10 minutes to put the white back exactly where it was. I mean when you've got a monitor and can see the overlay of live and how it should be, how bloody hard can it be?

what is the chances of that happening in 2 matches in the same tournament on the same day...... freakish.

Personally I think the standard of refs is very low, and has been going that way for some time now. They are all complacent. <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Complacent? Very interesting, you could be onto something there. I also think the commentators could be similar

Tabb makes a lot, Jan has been in decline for a while, today we saw 2 horrendous blunders............... definitely complacency.

Your point about commentators - very true. Mistakes left right and centre - quoting players playing in finals that they never did....... <doh>

Postby Smart

I think the comms need a big shake up, its way too pally in there on the Beeb side.

Just turned over and JJ makes a mistake within 5 seconds "that should win the first frame, oops third frame"........ its just a question of what voices you want your rubbish delivered in.

Anyhow Eurosport is in glorious HD so quite frankly buck the Beeb. :D :wave:

Postby Roland

I've hardly watched the beeb to be honest. HD has done it for me, and the only time I'm watching BBC is when there are two matches I want to see so I'm on interactive. I've seen more of Hazel in the flesh this week than I have on tv.

Postby PLtheRef

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Complacent? Very interesting, you could be onto something there. I also think the commentators could be similar

Tabb makes a lot, Jan has been in decline for a while, today we saw 2 horrendous blunders............... definitely complacency.

Your point about commentators - very true. Mistakes left right and centre - quoting players playing in finals that they never did....... <doh>

Shows that the refs are human doesnt it. Refereeing is harder than it looks. at least Michaela says she can smile about it.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:I've hardly watched the beeb to be honest. HD has done it for me, and the only time I'm watching BBC is when there are two matches I want to see so I'm on interactive. I've seen more of Hazel in the flesh this week than I have on tv.

you dirty dog <laugh>

I have only stuck with the Beeb out of routine I guess but I am narked now so its Eurosport on TV and the other table on laptop for the rest of the 2 table situation. <ok>

Postby Smart

PLtheRef wrote:Shows that the refs are human doesnt it. Refereeing is harder than it looks. at least Michaela says she can smile about it.

Paddy

Do you feel there is a complaceny and clique in the refs, cos it is very apparent to me. Even the marking goes wrong regularly........

Postby Roland

Clapping plants.

OK some require great skill, but when they're touching or as close as and they are dead set, it's the EASIEST POT IN THE GAME!!! therefore why the buck do the "knowlegable" Crucible crowd ALWAYS clap a plant even when it's dead set?

Idiots <doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Clapping plants.

OK some require great skill, but when they're touching or as close as and they are dead set, it's the EASIEST POT IN THE GAME!!! therefore why the intercourse do the "knowlegable" Crucible crowd ALWAYS clap a plant even when it's dead set?

Idiots <doh>

yes that is annoying

Postby Casey

The kick Hendry got against Selby which let him in with the table perfect for snookers. Leads to a Selby revival whereas prior it was at least 5-3 Hendry and looked more like 6-2.

Gutted obviously as Stephen was making a match of it up until the kick and had Selby all over the place.

Postby Roland

Selby wins a vital frame from 75-0 down needing 2 snookers :D

Sorry, not in keeping with this thread.

Seething aspect was having girlfriend saying "It's only a game" during Hendry's break to get to 75-0 which resulted in an arguement which I could've done without because I was trying to watch the match!

Postby Bourne

Less a seethe, more a reflection ... Ding out but it doesn't feel such a bad defeat after the season he's had. I swap all those finals in for one big shot at the title here but not to be, let's do it again next year mother hubbards <cool>

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:Less a seethe, more a reflection ... Ding out but it doesn't feel such a bad defeat after the season he's had. I swap all those finals in for one big shot at the title here but not to be, let's do it again next year mother hubbards <cool>

Could have Selby in round 2 next year though

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:
Bourne wrote:Less a seethe, more a reflection ... Ding out but it doesn't feel such a bad defeat after the season he's had. I swap all those finals in for one big shot at the title here but not to be, let's do it again next year mother hubbards <cool>

OK now I will seethe <laugh> rubbish really ? What does Selby have to do to avoid that ?

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:

OK now I will seethe <laugh> rubbish really ? What does Selby have to do to avoid that ?

If Murphy reaches the final and Selby loses to O'Sullivan it will happen unless Allen or Dott wins it.
If Selby beats O'Sullivan then its academic.

He will most likely face Ryan Day or Stephen Hendry (AGAIN!) in round 2 though.

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Alex0paul wrote:This time next week it'll all be over :-(

This time next week we'll know something we feel like we should have known.

Hasn't it been Fanr(T)astic so far. Quality comp. I'm playing in the national champs this Saturday & I feel Good about it just watching the WC.
Edited by Moi