Topic locked

Re: The CueZone!!!!!

Postby Wildey

answer the question and sod the poll.....

why would a buisness man think the cuezone is rubbish ?

ive deleted the poll....christ mate ive never seen anyone getting so worked up about bloody polls than you lol

Postby Witz78

When Hearn took over as Chairman and started to delve into the running costs of various things within the WPSBA previous regime, along with coaching costs etc, one other thing that jumped out to him was the huge expense of the Cuezone in its current form.

The setting up and dismantling, running costs of power etc, wages for all the staff etc and costs from council to erect it in the square etc all added up over almost 3 weeks and it generated no income other than the fans paying a fiver to get their picture with the ticket.

As you can see from the pics i added, it was a no go anyway this year given the state of Tudor Square but Hearn has moved it on a smaller scale to Winter Gardens.

Hearns interest is in expanding he sport and attracting new fans so fear not, im sure he has something fresh up his sleeve that will show the much overhyped Cuezone IMO to be what is it........a snooker table and tv studio in a huge marquee!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:When Hearn took over as Chairman and started to delve into the running costs of various things within the WPSBA previous regime, along with coaching costs etc, one other thing that jumped out to him was the huge expense of the Cuezone in its current form.

The setting up and dismantling, running costs of power etc, wages for all the staff etc and costs from council to erect it in the square etc all added up over almost 3 weeks and it generated no income other than the fans paying a fiver to get their picture with the ticket.

As you can see from the pics i added, it was a no go anyway this year given the state of Tudor Square but Hearn has moved it on a smaller scale to Winter Gardens.

Hearns interest is in expanding he sport and attracting new fans so fear not, im sure he has something fresh up his sleeve that will show the much overhyped Cuezone IMO to be what is it........a snooker table and tv studio in a huge marquee!

at last something constructive lol

yes i see where you coming from..

ive been to snooker tournaments and its pretty boring in the "CUEZONE" so i hoped Barry would try and improve on it and not take it away... watch this space i guess.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:When Hearn took over as Chairman and started to delve into the running costs of various things within the WPSBA previous regime, along with coaching costs etc, one other thing that jumped out to him was the huge expense of the Cuezone in its current form.

at last something constructive lol

yes i see where you coming from..

ive been to snooker tournaments and its pretty boring in the "CUEZONE" so i hoped Barry would try and improve on it and not take it away... watch this space i guess.

yes to be honest once youve been once theres no point going back in really, not enough in it, them silly virtual snooker games on the screens were poor too, would have been better off just putting 2 or 3 snooker tables in and a bar and letting the fans play each other at Super 6'S on a winner stays on basis.

My mission this year in Winter Gardens is to beat the young pro or old coach when its my turn to take them on at Super 6s.

Last year i pulled off a cracking angled long red which the coach said was the best shot hed seen all day, the watching crowd looked on in amazement and clapped, i potted the black after it then screwed down the table and with the colours at my mercy i rattled the jaws with a dead straight medium range yellow, so annoying after doing the hard work <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

I guess that is true of the Cue Zone, it doesn't change every year. After the first year you've seen it, had your photo taken with the trophy, and the only bit of appeal is that you can watch the filming...

Still, for some reason I felt disappointment when I saw it was gone. Can't really explain why. It just feels iconic. Still, I guess why they'd get rid of it from a business stand-point.