Topic locked

Re: ROBERTSON BIDDING TO GO ONE BETTER

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:rofl

Williams over O'Sullivan would probably be a bit of a public play, might have to dodge that.

over the longer format i see ronnie beating williams he seems to have the sign of williams but i see wenbo winning in round 1

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Odds are certainly worth a play.

my reasoning is if they played after round 1 i wouldnt give wenbo much chance but i think he could catch ronnie cold and win pretty comfortably

Postby rebecca

Can I go offtopic for a bit?

What the hell happened this place?! I liked the old way!

I'd love if Robbo won the Worlds!

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

my reasoning is if they played after round 1 i wouldnt give wenbo much chance but i think he could catch ronnie cold and win pretty comfortably

That's pretty much my thinking too, imagine Liang getting off to a quick start, 6-3 first session let's say, can you see Ronnie fighting back from that defecit ? :sad:

Postby GJ

rebecca wrote:Can I go offtopic for a bit?

What the hell happened this place?! I liked the old way!

I'd love if Robbo won the Worlds!

<cool> :D :ahh:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

That's pretty much my thinking too, imagine Liang getting off to a quick start, 6-3 first session let's say, can you see Ronnie fighting back from that defecit ? :sad:

Liang is a great front runner too remember him hammering doherty in session 1 and showing no nerves in finishing it off i know ronnie is a bigger scalp but on his debut that was some performance

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Why not? He fought back from 2-8 to 8-8 against Higgins in the UK, remember?
This is the WC, he will try. And Liang will be just as cold. He hasn't play competitive snooker since more than a month.
If Ronnie keeps it tight he will win it; his tactical game is far superior to Liang's.

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

This is the WC, he will try. And Liang will be just as cold. He hasn't play competitive snooker since more than a month.
If Ronnie keeps it tight he will win it; his tactical game is far superior to Liang's.

Just as tellingly, he lost against Selby in a major final from 9-6 ... He's not unbeatable, Liang has no fear, there are some players who you would pretty much write off if they got ahead of O'Sullivan because they couldn't stand up straight for nerves, Liang isn't one of them.

Postby Wildey

monique

Ronnie has got history of not having the fight in the WC Remember.

but i definitly think he will have to much for Wenbo because the wenbo game suites him to the ground.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:monique

but i definitly think he will have to much for Wenbo because the wenbo game suites him to the ground.

is there that much difference between allen's attacking style and wenbo's style of play

:chin:

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:monique

is there that much difference between allen's attacking style and wenbo's style of play

:chin:

Exactly, I don't really buy into that stuff about him breezing past certain gamestyles, it'll be about Ronnie's on the day performance and his current form makes him very unbackable at the moment for me.

Postby Wildey

not really that much difference when you think about it but equally Ronnie would prefere Wenbo to O'Brian as first match.

Postby Monique

Bourne wrote:
Monique wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Just as tellingly, he lost against Selby in a major final from 9-6 ... He's not unbeatable, Liang has no fear, there are some players who you would pretty much write off if they got ahead of O'Sullivan because they couldn't stand up straight for nerves, Liang isn't one of them.

I never said he's unbeatable. I just said that it isn't true he's only a good front runner. It all depends on the day. This season he lost to Selbu 9-10 from 9-6. Last season he was behind and won it. Liang has no fear but in 3 encounters with ROS he was beaten 3 times, last time this very season and quite soundly: 10-5, that was the Shanghai final. Each time because ROS kept him tight and his superior tactical game prevailed. Ronnie might not have had a good season by his own standards, still he's won a ranking event, made 2 finals and 2 semi finals, losing quite narrowly except in PL. Actually, if you exclude China - and i don't think this tournament means much - in ranking events he lost only to one player: John Higgins. So his form is not THAT bad. He is actually much more consistent than last season. Except for the Masters, last season he wasn't any consistent from one session to the next. Think about how he lost to Perry in UK: first session winning 6-3 with 3 tons, next not winning a frame, or the Allen match (first session dreadfull, second session good, third session dreadfull). Nothing of the like this season. Less fireworks, but less real let downs also.

Postby Casey

I picked Allen last year because I believed in the wee man. :)

As for Ronnie, he will have way to much for Wenbo who to me is overrated.