Topic locked

Re: World Championship Prediction Contest - Discussion!

Postby Tubberlad

Okay, as for predictions: Do people want me to put it up now? The problem at the moment is the Dott, Ebdon game and the fact that Maguire Lee doesn't finish until tomorrow. Basically, we might have the messy situation of four different options for this second round match. As for betting odds, it's predictable enough who will be favourite for each pairing, so I don't think that would be a problem...

To be honest, I'd prefer to leave it until after Dott-Ebdon, but considering how late that could go on till (who knows with the two of them), that too could be a problem.

Re: Betfred.com World Championship prediction contest 2010

Postby Casey

rocket_ron wrote:im not sure about R2 up now, because the betting odds fluctuate, and round 1 hasn't finished yet

Its going to be obvious who the favourites will be in each match.

With regards to the template going up now, I won't be posting until the matches are confirmed but it gives that extra bit of time for those that won't have a chance before tomorrow

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:im not sure about R2 up now, because the betting odds fluctuate, and round 1 hasn't finished yet

With regards to the template going up now, I won't be posting until the matches are confirmed but it gives that extra bit of time for those that won't have a chance before tomorrow

fair point well made <ok>

Postby Bourne

We really need to make sure everyone has a chance to predict on every match, so for me, i'd get any template up as soon as possible to incorporate matches that are happening in the next couple of days.

Postby Casey

If say Ebdon and Dott do not finish until late, some people can't access Internet from work so they would miss out.

I know its going to be a bit messy for you tubber, but hopefully only those that have to are the ones that post for now

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:Its going to be obvious who the favourites will be in each match.

If say Ebdon and Dott do not finish until late, some people can't access Internet from work so they would miss out.

I know its going to be a bit messy for you tubber, but hopefully only those that have to are the ones that post for now

i agree with case get it up now and give maximum time for everyone to get a chance to predict.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:ok get the table up, but alow posters to post the predictions on the obvious draw and then alowthem to add the 2 predictions when the 2 outstanding matches have been won

no just predict what you think and tubby can erase the match thats not relevent christ do not make it more hard for TD as is necessery its bloody tough bucking about waiting for matches to finish.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:you cant get the table up without the line up, what if we predict steven lee or greene and they get beat in R1, so what you gonna do? allow us to change our minds on them 2

Sod the table <doh> <doh>

just the template for the second round

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:ok get the table up, but alow posters to post the predictions on the obvious draw and then alowthem to add the 2 predictions when the 2 outstanding matches have been won

no just predict what you think and tubby can erase the match thats not relevent christ do not make it more hard for TD as is necessery its bloody tough intercoursing about waiting for matches to finish.

well aslong as tubbs lets us then im fine about it

Postby Alex0paul

Whats wrong with using;

John Higgins v. Steve Davis
Neil Robertson v. Martin Gould
Ali Carter v. Joe Perry
Ding Junhui v. Shaun Murphy, OR
Ding Junhui v. Gerard Greene
Stephen Maguire v. Peter Ebdon, OR
Stephen Maguire v. Graeme Dott OR
Stephen Lee v. Peter Ebdon,, OR
Stephen Lee v. Graeme Dott
Mark Allen v. Mark Davis
Mark Selby v. Stephen Hendry
Mark Williams v. Ronnie O'Sullivan

Then just disregard the void matches?

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:Whats wrong with using;

John Higgins v. Steve Davis
Neil Robertson v. Martin Gould
Ali Carter v. Joe Perry
Ding Junhui v. Shaun Murphy, OR
Ding Junhui v. Gerard Greene
Stephen Maguire v. Peter Ebdon, OR
Stephen Maguire v. Graeme Dott OR
Stephen Lee v. Peter Ebdon,, OR
Stephen Lee v. Graeme Dott
Mark Allen v. Mark Davis
Mark Selby v. Stephen Hendry
Mark Williams v. Ronnie O'Sullivan

Then just disregard the void matches?

or just do

higgins v s davis
allen v m davis

then after tomorow night predict the other 6 matches, simples no erasing needed

Postby Roland

How about you all just let tubberlad do it how it's meant to be done and stop worrying? The next template will be up as soon as the Dott match ends and it will be open until 2pm tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's exactly the same as last year folks. This template goes up after close of play today or rather after the Dott v Ebdon ends

who is staying up until gone 2am to put it up ?

Postby Rocket_ron

Alex0paul wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:i cant understand why the rest of the R2 matches arent on the template?

Me too

come on lets have some sort of order here

EDIT The reason this is done is to give competitors the longest time to make predictions. Since the second round is basically done in two halves. I.e. four games will be done over tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday, whilst the others will be done over sat, sun, Mon. PL

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:sonnys on 51 thats not right as everyone should be on an even number

he lost 3 for cope not making a 147

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:sonnys on 51 thats not right as everyone should be on an even number

he lost 3 for cope not making a 147

you said that very same thing to manfred..

have you got it on re diel <laugh>