Topic locked

Re: Betfred.Com World Championship 1st Round Discussion !!!!

Postby Smart

StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Here it is;

What have I done wrong? I must find out from such an experienced enthusiast such as yourself.

Do I speak clearly when saying the points?...Yes, i think I do.

Do i try my best to concentrate at all times? Yes, i think i do.

Am I curtious to players? Yes, i am.

Do i follow the rules? Yes, of course.

Do i position the balls back on the wrong place? Most of the time no, the only one time i recall was in a match that many people haven't even thought about yet and certainly haven't posted. And if for whatever reason i have misplaced the ball, i conferr with the player and make sure they are happy before we continue.

I will admit i am not a saint; i don't smile that often, and do get slightly nervous when it's a televised event...but who doesn't! Lots of people are watching and if you make one tiny mistake people like you, who are much less experienced and too judgemental for your own good jump on it and announce at how "awful" the referee is(at his JOB!).

And finally, has world snooker employed me for many years, not only for my professional standards at which i referees the match but also because i work hard and gives my best most, if not all of the time? Yes, i bloody think so. Before you misinform the rest of the people who read the blogs, you and some other ill-informed people put up on this site; I urge you to think, because someone with half a brain could see that i am one of the best snooker referee's the assosciation have got, and you will do well to remember that.

If you have the guts to reply, i will look forward to seeing what your poor excuses are for believeing what you do. But let me assure you that you are seriously misguided in what you think.

Leo :bowdown: :D <cool> :ahh:

been a great 1st day...... this was funny though <laugh>

Postby Eirebilly

Excellent from Selby. I echo Sonny's views that Selby's breakbuilding and ability to kill a frame off in one visit will see him comfortably home. I just want Ken to win 4 more frames so that i can get some points <laugh>

Postby Roland

eirebilly wrote:Excellent from Selby. I echo Sonny's views that Selby's breakbuilding and ability to kill a frame off in one visit will see him comfortably home. I just want Ken to win 4 more frames so that i can get some points <laugh>

I agree - 1 more frame :)

Postby Tubberlad

StalinESQ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Take it easy all, i am away for a few :guinness: to drown my sorrows. Have a great evening all and chat with you all tomorrow.

goodnight Billy, fellow Pogue appreciator :wave: :wave: :wave:

That makes three of us :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

from 4-2 didnt see the selby match had a taxi job to be done <doh>

anyway this is how today panned out and tomorrows matches

Saturday 17 April

Result

John Higgins 10-6 Barry Hawkins

Sunday 18 April

10am

Marco Fu v Martin Gould
Mark Allen 8-1 Tom Ford (Conclusion)

2.30pm

Ali Carter v Jamie Cope
Mark Selby 6-3 Ken Doherty (Conclusion)

7pm

Joe Perry 7-2 Michael Holt (Conclusion)
Stephen Hendry 5-4 Zhang Anda (Conclusion)

Postby Roland

Look out for me and Casey at the Allen match (if seats become free at the front after the match then I'll move down) and also the Selby match this afternoon where I'm row H with a vew of both tables. Once again, any 1 table action and my aim is for the front row on the other side because that's the best seat in the house for atmosphere.