Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

2006 - Mark Williams lost QF 13-11 to Ronnie O'Sullivan

not a good omen considering who hes on course to play this year .

11 Days,20 Hours and 55 minutes to go

Postby Roland

That was a great match. Both players on top of their games and Ronnie turned on the magic to get over the line first.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That was a great match. Both players on top of their games and Ronnie turned on the magic to get over the line first.

one thing i think thats very importent to mention in 2006 even though williams won in china the gap in standard between Ronnie and Mark going in to that match was wide very wide however this year that gap has closed up considerably with Mark playing far better than he did then.

Postby Wildey

its been a Amazing list of Tournament winners this Season and Nobody winning more than 1 with Ding making 3 Finals and Higgins and Ronnie 2 Finals apiece but Ronnie Also reaching the PL Final naturally.

Shanghai Masters Ronnie O'Sullivan
Grand Prix Neil Robertson
UK Ding Junhui
Prem League Shaun Murphy
Masters Mark Selby
Welsh Open John Higgins
China Open Mark Williams

so all the previous BIG 4 bar Hendry has won a tournament this season so how about making it a clean sweep with the Greatest winning the Greatest Tournament ? ;) god thats a wet dream lol

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:sour face winning ........ not sure how that would induce a wet dream. The most miserable, dour snooker pro .......... <ok>

mate with respect nobody and i do meen nobody has ever been more misrable on and off the table than Ronnie O'Sullivan has. <ok>

11 Days,12 Hours and 53 minutes to go

Postby Roland

Hang on...

11 days 12 hours and 53 minutes @ 4:06pm

then

11 days 9 hours and 19 minutes @ 12:41am

You're making this up as you go along aren't you?

Postby Bourne

28 Days,59 Hours and -4 minutes to go

correction

10 Days,23 Hours and 34 minutes to go

bourne must have been on the snake hiss last night <ok>

Postby SavoMilosevic

Williams is playing a lot better now than in 2006. It's been a while since his last win against Ronnie, so I hope he finally beats him at this year's World Championship, the Masters semi should have gone Mark's way... By the way, somebody knows what's the full head-to-head record between these two?

Postby Rocket_ron

SavoMilosevic wrote:Williams is playing a lot better now than in 2006. It's been a while since his last win against Ronnie, so I hope he finally beats him at this year's World Championship, the Masters semi should have gone Mark's way... By the way, somebody knows what's the full head-to-head record between these two?

:no:

Postby Casey

SavoMilosevic wrote:Williams is playing a lot better now than in 2006. It's been a while since his last win against Ronnie, so I hope he finally beats him at this year's World Championship, the Masters semi should have gone Mark's way... By the way, somebody knows what's the full head-to-head record between these two?

I’m not sure Williams is playing a lot better than 06. I think this seasons excellent standard is a tribute to the difficult tables, it separates the good players from excellent and leaves the big boys fighting it out.

I hope I am proven wrong but I don’t think Mark could compete with Ronnie over a best of 25. To put it another way Mark will need 8 or 9 one visit breaks – do any of you think he will do it?

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:I’m not sure Williams is playing a lot better than 06. I think this seasons excellent standard is a tribute to the difficult tables, it separates the good players from excellent and leaves the big boys fighting it out.

I hope I am proven wrong but I don’t think Mark could compete with Ronnie over a best of 25. To put it another way Mark will need 8 or 9 one visit breaks – do any of you think he will do it?

yes case i think he can.

i think its gonna be a 13-12 match and the winner going to the final :ba:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Hang on...

then

NO YOU WALLY

i edited the 4.06pm 1 <doh> <laugh>

10 Days,21 Hours and 11 minutes to go

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Sonny wrote:Hang on...

then

NO YOU WALLY

i edited the 4.06pm 1 <doh> <laugh>

you must say you have edited to avoid confusion :wave:

Postby GJ

wild

:afro: :D

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:

I’m not sure Williams is playing a lot better than 06.

ohhhh he is Case a good bit better at that its like chalk and cheese.

Postby Wildey

rocket_ron wrote:wild,
I've been thinking, you cant accurately guess the minutes due to rob walkers intro, it could be out by a few mins <doh> <laugh>

10am is the official time i cant be expected to judge it on Rob walkers mood lol

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:wild,
I've been thinking, you cant accurately guess the minutes due to rob walkers intro, it could be out by a few mins <doh> <laugh>

10am is the official time i cant be expected to judge it on Rob walkers mood lol

yes you can wild, your always right remember ;) <cool>

<laugh>

Postby Roland

case_master wc wrote:

I’m not sure Williams is playing a lot better than 06. I think this seasons excellent standard is a tribute to the difficult tables, it separates the good players from excellent and leaves the big boys fighting it out.

Without a shadow of doubt seeing as he did that in the China final in less frames! Seriously, he's got Ronnie's number on this form and I'd actually put him favourite if the two meet.

Postby Wildey

10 Days,11 Hours and 12 minutes to go

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:10 Days,18 Hours and 25 minutes to go

Nice to see this bad-boy thread open for business, good work chaps.

<laugh>

:ahh: :ahh:

Postby Wildey

9 Days,20 Hours and 44 minutes to go

Postby GJ

does anyone give greene any chance considering muprhy's bad form recently ?

Postby Roland

Yes although not a great chance. Certainly more than Higginson last year.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:does anyone give greene any chance considering muprhy's bad form recently ?

no not really Greene WC Form not great himself 19 frames in 4 aperances.

10-2 vs J Higgins 1999
10-3 vs P Ebdon 2003
10-9 vs S Davis 2005
10-5 vs A Carter 2009

i dont fancy him to reach 9 frames this year against Murphy.

Postby GJ

murphy will be lacking confidnece so i think if greene plays like he did in the first 4 frames agianst robbo at the grand prix i think he has a good chcnace of winning that one

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:does anyone give greene any chance considering muprhy's bad form recently ?

Remember this: there are always seeds who lose in R1, very rare that 1 does not fall....Greene is solid and gutsy so it would be surprise for sure but not earth shattering. Will depend heavily on GG being close to Smug after the fist session. Worst case 4-5.........