Topic locked

Re: Liang Wenbo v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Postby Tubberlad

It's quite simple Wild:
Ronnie is bipolar, therefore his moods (and confidence) will fluctuate, even if there's little reason for it.
Also, Allen always comes across a fairly confident guy, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he had more confidence in that game. He's a kid with a lot of bottle.

The fact is though, Allen won, deservdly so.

Postby Wildey

Rocket Ron i respect mons opinion and always have but you cant think Ronnie is the only person that suffers.....i my self suffer so i know what its like but i don't broadcast it to the world i prefer to keep quiet about it but it should never be used as a excuse never its a private thing Ronnie has chose to tell the world about it other players might suffer in silence.

but for some reason Ronnie has Anxiaty and bi polar and nobody else knows what it is. ??????

Postby Rocket_ron

Wild,
you have a very valid point, lots of sports professionals have bi-polor or depression and they just get on with it.
ronnie has chosen to tell everyone (for why i dont know) snooker is ronnies job and you shouldn't bring problems to work.

Postby Wildey

when Ronnie thrashes a young player who's to say hes not very anxious who's to say he don't feel like walking out but its never mentioned because its called out of his depth.

Postby Roland

Ronnie has an internal verbal diahorrea switch which he can't control. He wins a lot of matches, microphones are shoved under his nose, this is why we hear about his internal anxiety more than others e.g. Dott. But he is who he is and I'm sure most of us wouldn't have him any other way.

Now time to move on from the Allen match, it's history and they probably won't face each other again this time around.

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:when Ronnie thrashes a young player who's to say hes not very anxious who's to say he don't feel like walking out but its never mentioned because its called out of his depth.

It's completely different. Of course that young player may feel like walking, and feel embarassed & anxious... but it's probably a completely different feeling Ronnie's (due to his condition).

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:when Ronnie thrashes a young player who's to say hes not very anxious who's to say he don't feel like walking out but its never mentioned because its called out of his depth.

It's completely different. Of course that young player may feel like walking, and feel embarassed & anxious... but it's probably a completely different feeling Ronnie's (due to his condition).

you forgetting i suffer with bi polar i know exactly how he feels and i cant think its worst than a young player feels when he faced with Ronnie.

Postby Witz78

Was Alex Higgins also biploar then?

He suffered with depression and he was always a entirely different player when his head was screwed on and he was in the mood to win <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

wildJONESEYE wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

you forgetting i suffer with bi polar i know exactly how he feels and i cant think its worst than a young player feels when he faced with Ronnie.

Sorry I didn't know that Wild. Certainly puts this argument firmly in your favour. What annoys me is that Ronnie acts like he's the only man in the world with depression.... most people will suffer from depression at some stage of their lives. I have, and I'm only 17. Thankfully things have turned around for much better. And I think you'll find most people on this forum will have suffered at some stage. You even look at some players: Dott & Stevens both suffered, but you hardly hear about it.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Was Alex Higgins also biploar then?

He suffered with depression and he was always a entirely different player when his head was screwed on and he was in the mood to win <ok>

all the drink maybe the answer

Postby Wildey

tubby

i never wants it broadcast and i go to extream lenghths to hide it from family even thats why ive never understood ronnie broadcasting it but i guess everyones different.

i do know how hard it is for Ronnie believe me the only different with ronnies anxiaty and normal anxiaty is it could hit you while watching TV or Getting up in the morning theres no warnings to it but knowing how i know how it works is i can see through it and these little interviews ronnie does is to cover his back incase he loses its easy to pre warn people of lack of confidence that is not part of bi polar its just used in that way by ronnie.

Postby Monique

I said I'll not answer this argument anymore but I will because I want to put a few things right: Ronnie has NEVER used his depressions as an excuse for losing. NEVER. I dare anyone to find any interview, quote, whatever where he does. You wont because he never does. The only things he says when he loses is: I was crap and the other was better. Full stop. So no, he does not "broadcast it, he does not "cover his ass". He spoke about it in his autobiography, it's part of his life, it was common knowledge on the tour well before that book was written, and yes, the media tend to like to speak about it. He, by himself, wont if not triggered by questions.