Topic locked

Plan B still lives on

Postby Bourne

Selt Reverts To Plan B

Matt Selt produced a stunning fightback from 6-3 down to beat Thailand's Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 10-8 in the second round of the Betfred.com World Championship qualifiers and attributed some of the credit to the visit of his girlfriend.

Selt had fallen behind after the first session and looked set to suffer a first round defeat for the only time this season.

Matthew Selt wrote:At 6-3 down realistically I could have been 7-2 up, I lost a couple from 60 in front and another when he needed snookers.
I went back to the hotel and phoned my girlfriend, Emma who lives in Leeds and she got the train down. We decided to try plan B and I returned relaxed and with a different attitude

It was a very different player who returned to the baize as the Romford player knocked in breaks of 52, 72, 45, 88 and 46 for a 8-6 lead. Un-Nooh had been unable to stem the flow pulled a frame back only for Selt to edge in front with a 58. Both players had chances in the seventeenth frame but it was the Thai player who took.

The next frame was tense but Selt sank a great final blue to set him up for victory.

Matthew Selt wrote:It was a massive win for me. If I had lost today I would have been back where I started from pretty much in the rankings. It would have been an average season for me.

Re: Plan B still lives on

Postby Casey

Any pics of his girlfriend? :idea:

I could imagine that conversation "get on a train I’m horny"

Postby N_Castle07

Instead of going for Hendry’s strategy of “play like it means nothing when it means everything,” he opted for Paul Hunters famous strategy. Nice one

Postby Monique

N_Castle07 wrote:Instead of going for Hendry’s strategy of “play like it means nothing when it means everything,” he opted for Paul Hunters famous strategy. Nice one

Wasn't that Davis instead of Hendry? :)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:Instead of going for Hendry’s strategy of “play like it means nothing when it means everything,” he opted for Paul Hunters famous strategy. Nice one

Wasn't that Davis instead of Hendry? :)

yeh Davis lol

whatever plan it was it worked and i could put witz,R R and smartypants in their places ;)

Latest Scores

Patrick Wallace 6-3 Mark Boyle
Li Hang 4-6 David Hogan
Xiao Guodong 6-5 Tony Drago
Chris Norbury 3-8 Mei Xiwen

Comences at 7pm

Craig Steadman 3-6 Anda Zhang
Matthew Couch 3-4 Brendan O'Donoghue
Ben Woollaston 7-2 Andrew Norman
Atthasit Mahitthi 3-6 Jimmy Robertson
Simon Bedford 6-3 Ian Preece
Daniel Wells 3-6 David Gray

Postby Witz78

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :zzz:

This Selt jokes wearing thin, luckily me and my fellow anti-Selt boo-boys <ok> will have the last laugh, when this plutocratic humanoid is sent home with his tail between his legs very shortly rofl

Postby GJ

selty <cool>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :zzz:

This Selt jokes wearing thin, luckily me and my fellow anti-Selt boo-boys <ok> will have the last laugh, when this plutocratic humanoid is sent home with his tail between his legs very shortly rofl

keep dreaming witz

Postby Smart

In one way I would like to see Selty qualify and face the Sheffield massive (witz and his boo boy gang), also be nice to see if he has a game of any merit. <ok>

On the other hand I want the cheating, fixer to lose every game........

At least I looked at both sides of the equation. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:In one way I would like to see Selty qualify and face the Sheffield massive (witz and his boo boy gang), also be nice to see if he has a game of any merit. <ok>

On the other hand I want the cheating, fixer to lose every game........

At least I looked at both sides of the equation. <laugh>

Come on! Selby vs Selty at The Crucible. <ok>

Postby Casey

I wonnder what David Gray's plan B is? At first look he would be lined up for the pink but with a bit of INTENTIONAL side he clips the brown

Postby Rocket_ron

case_master wc wrote:I wonnder what David Gray's plan B is? At first look he would be lined up for the pink but with a bit of INTENTIONAL side he clips the brown

rofl rofl rofl