Topic locked

Re: World Championship Qualifiers Stage 3!!

Postby Casey

Ken Doherty v Swail is the stand out tie for me. <cool>

Also really hoping Davis can make it, 30 appearences would be something special indeed :cracker:

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:Ken Doherty v Swail is the stand out tie for me. <cool>

Also really hoping Davis can make it, 30 appearences would be something special indeed :cracker:

what would be even more special if he made it would be the fact it would tbe FIFTH decade in a row hes played at The Crucible. Thats one record he can keep <ok>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:

what would be even more special if he made it would be the fact it would tbe FIFTH decade in a row hes played at The Crucible. Thats one record he can keep <ok>

Indeed and I am sure the BBC will do a tribute for him, , it will be a record he will keep as I can't see hendry still plaing in 10 years time. This will be Stephen's 4th decade playing at the crucible, is there anybody else doing the same? Parrott and White gone, I can't think of who else left played there in the 80's

Postby Witz78

case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Indeed and I am sure the BBC will do a tribute for him, , it will be a record he will keep as I can't see hendry still plaing in 10 years time. This will be Stephen's 4th decade playing at the crucible, is there anybody else doing the same? Parrott and White gone, I can't think of who else left played there in the 80's

Drago, White, Hendry and Davis will be the only tour pros next season who played at the Crucible in the 80s

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Drago, White, Hendry and Davis will be the only tour pros next season who played at the Crucible in the 80s

lets be frank it might be 5 decade on the clock but it is 1979 and possibly 2010 hardly decades playing lol

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:lets be frank it might be 5 decade on the clock but it is 1979 and possibly 2010 hardly decades playing lol

very true, people play on words to make it sound great. 3 has only played 3 full decades

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

lets be frank it might be 5 decade on the clock but it is 1979 and possibly 2010 hardly decades playing lol

If he qualifies he will have played at The Crucible in the 70s,80s,90s,00s and 10s - 5 DIFFERENT DECADES - FACT <ok>

You always heard John Lowe refered to as the only darts player to have won the world title in 3 different decades (79,87 and 93) until Taylor also achieved the feat this year.

Likewise Cliff Richard always went on about how he had a number 1 hit in 5 successive decades (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s) once he had the Xmas number 1 in 1990.

Postby Wildey

Hendry also one of only 3 players to win a Ranking tournament is 3 decades the others being Jimmy White and John Higgins in the Welsh Open.

Steve never managed that <ok>

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Hendry also one of only 3 players to win a Ranking tournament is 3 decades the others being Jimmy White and John Higgins in the Welsh Open.

Steve never managed that <ok>

ooooooohhhh any excuse to knock SD :huh:

Well see where Hendry is ranked when hes 50 ;)

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:good luck stevens

<cool>

id fear for Stevens if i was you GJ, because im betting on him tomorrow. Thats the ultimate jinx probably rofl though hopefully not <cool>

:chin:

Postby GJ

Hopefully matthew has put some effort in this time unlike last years farce against gould <doh>

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:good luck stevens, davis, wenbo amd mcmanus <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool>

i agree with all 4 <ok> we want as many big names through to the tournament now to make the first round a cracker.

also i would like abit of a retro WC to remind me of back when i started watching it. so davis mcmanus stevens doherty ect

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:good luck stevens, davis, wenbo amd mcmanus <cool> <cool> <cool> <cool>

i agree with all 4 <ok> we want as many big names through to the tournament now to make the first round a cracker.

also i would like abit of a retro WC to remind me of back when i started watching it. so davis mcmanus stevens doherty ect

hope Lee wins through too, its almost forgotten now just how great a player he was for a few seasons around the turn of the millenium / early 2000s

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:hope Lee wins through too, its almost forgotten now just how great a player he was for a few seasons around the turn of the millenium / early 2000s

yes around 2002/2003 he was mr consistant. toped the one year list back then. he has a very good cue action

Postby The Cueist

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:hope Lee wins through too, its almost forgotten now just how great a player he was for a few seasons around the turn of the millenium / early 2000s

yes around 2002/2003 he was mr consistant. toped the one year list back then. he has a very good cue action

He also loves the UK championship and always puts in a good performasnce there.

He also loves the sponsors of the UK CHAMPS and loves eating their products,Pies i beleive., :evilgrin: FACT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:shame he hasn't won more

yeh but at least hes won FOUR times as many rankers as Stevens rofl

and how mnay world finals has pie man reached and how many masters titles and uk championship titles has he compared with stevens

<laugh> rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:and how mnay world finals has pie man reached and how many masters titles and uk championship titles has he compared with stevens

<laugh> rofl

agreed world finalist twice, uk and masters winner is better than 4 basic rankers

Postby Alex0paul

I can't believe so many people are going for Lee given what he has been through over the past few weeks.

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:and how mnay world finals has pie man reached and how many masters titles and uk championship titles has he compared with stevens

<laugh> rofl

agreed world finalist twice, uk and masters winner is better than 4 basic rankers

spot on ron and i would be honest to admit stevens has achieved more than robbo at this stage despite robbos 4 ranking titles

hopefully both will win the world title in the next few years <cool>