Topic locked

Will SELTY make it to the Crucible...?

Poll ended at 07 Feb 2010

Yes - SELTY will make a TV appearance at the Crucible 2010.
25%
No - SELTY will not.
75%

Total votes : 8

Re: SELTY: qualifying route to World Champs

Postby Tubberlad

rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Trump gets a hard time from a lot of people, maybe its because of his hairstyles or style?

yes case i think his hair style are abit ott, no offense case but i didn't like mark allen's red hair

Terrible hairstyles can be useful <ok> I once had pretty dodgy blonde highlights, nobody could beat me until I got rid of them. It really was THAT offputting <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

thetubberlad wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Trump gets a hard time from a lot of people, maybe its because of his hairstyles or style?

yes case i think his hair style are abit ott, no offense case but i didn't like mark allen's red hair

Terrible hairstyles can be useful <ok> I once had pretty dodgy blonde highlights, nobody could beat me until I got rid of them. It really was THAT offputting <laugh>

i can just imagine you with blonde highlights, if it works keep at it

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:this is getting way to jokey now we need seifer to police it <laugh>

regarding trump i pray im proven wrong i honestly am.

ive known about this kid for about 10 years he was a record breaking youngster at snooker but he is not doing it.....only so long you can say hes 20,hes 21 hes 22 hes 23 hes 24 etc etc for me that bull has finished with. i don't expect him to win tournaments straight away but he is not threatening to do and if someone mentions championship league or the masters qualifier ill :bang2: :gun: theire heads off.

What's Selt done though ?

nothing but thats the point Selt when he plays you get a air of someone that believes he will....i dont get that with trump at all you get that with Allen you get that with cope you even got that with Wenbo but with trump he just going through the motions hasn't any drive or ambition in him.

Well like i've said countless times, different players peak at different times ... He might just need time to gain confidence, belief etc at the big stage because as you say, he hasn't been there enough times really.

i just don't see it in trump as yet he might mature later similar to perry or carter but thats not what the career the snooker world expected for trump and far from it.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:this is getting way to jokey now we need seifer to police it <laugh>

regarding trump i pray im proven wrong i honestly am.

ive known about this kid for about 10 years he was a record breaking youngster at snooker but he is not doing it.....only so long you can say hes 20,hes 21 hes 22 hes 23 hes 24 etc etc for me that bull has finished with. i don't expect him to win tournaments straight away but he is not threatening to do and if someone mentions championship league or the masters qualifier ill :bang2: :gun: theire heads off.

What's Selt done though ?

nothing but thats the point Selt when he plays you get a air of someone that believes he will....i dont get that with trump at all you get that with Allen you get that with cope you even got that with Wenbo but with trump he just going through the motions hasn't any drive or ambition in him.

Well like i've said countless times, different players peak at different times ... He might just need time to gain confidence, belief etc at the big stage because as you say, he hasn't been there enough times really.

i just don't see it in trump as yet he might mature later similar to perry or carter but thats not what the career the snooker world expected for trump and far from it.

What did you expect him to have done by the age he is now ? And don't say 'everyone thought he'd be world number one by now' etc, i'm asking what YOU thought.

Postby Casey

When he gets into the top 16 he will start to fly, I don’t think he gets very inspired by the qualifiers, who can blame him? He will get there.

Postby Wildey

case_master wc wrote:When he gets into the top 16 he will start to fly, I don’t think he gets very inspired by the qualifiers, who can blame him? He will get there.

he doesn't get inspired at venues either.

he reached a semi final in the 2008 grand prix.

Dott pulled out, perry played his worst match of last season and as for ronnie he tried his best to lose that match and he almost won it.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
case_master wc wrote:When he gets into the top 16 he will start to fly, I don’t think he gets very inspired by the qualifiers, who can blame him? He will get there.

he doesn't get inspired at venues either.

he reached a semi final in the 2008 grand prix.

Dott pulled out, perry played his worst match of last season and as for ronnie he tried his best to lose that match and he almost won it.

You don't get it lol ... And btw, who did he 'push' in the semi ? Yep, the champion.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:How did Hendry, Fu and Robertson get on in the Premier League this season?

no idea i dont follow that mickey mouse event

<cool>

championship league is more important as its good match practice under proper match conditions and there is no rubbish clock used

Postby Alex0paul

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:How did Hendry, Fu and Robertson get on in the Premier League this season?

<cool>

championship league is more important as its good match practice under proper match conditions and there is no rubbish clock used

Thing is its played in a proper venue where Trump excelled whereas his qualifiers and nearly all of his last 32 match have been in boothes. He is a big match player.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

championship league is more important as its good match practice under proper match conditions and there is no poo clock used

Who won the CL ... lol

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

championship league is more important as its good match practice under proper match conditions and there is no poo clock used

Who won the CL ... lol

i said its better than premier league but its match practice so well done
trump on winning the match practice tournament

<ok>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

Who won the CL ... lol

i said its better than premier league but its match practice so well done
trump on winning the match practice tournament

<ok>

How many times has Selt won it ?

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

Thing is its played in a proper venue where Trump excelled whereas his qualifiers and nearly all of his last 32 match have been in boothes. He is a big match player.

he played ok in venues but lets face it safeties was rushed tacktics was nieve and the most bored ive EVER been watching snooker Came during that tournament.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

he played ok in venues but lets face it safeties was rushed tacktics was nieve and the most bored ive EVER been watching snooker Came during that tournament.

<cool>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

<cool>

:roll:

Postby Wildey

i prefer GJs smiley <laugh>

seriously though just as most peoples jury is out on selt and who can blame them seeing as they hardly seen him play. my jury is out on Trump having seen him play a lot this season alone <ok> .

we will see.

Postby Bourne

Well yeh, it goes without saying that Selt this season has been twice as good as Trump ... but that doesn't make him a better player full stop.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Well yeh, it goes without saying that Selt this season has been twice as good as Trump ... but that doesn't make him a better player full stop.

no only time will tell us that. we can speculate we can banter we can bull but talk is cheap the table is where the story will be told in full over the next 10 to 15 years.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:I think its fair to say that Selty will not be 2010 World snooker champion. :wave:

I wonder if he is gonna be watching. :huh:

Hello Selty :wave:

smart today you seem to be living it up large wum style

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:BREAKING NEWS: SELTY has been eliminated from this years world champs and will not appear at the crucible.......

Just read this in the SiberianDailyTelegraph......... please spread the word.
<laugh>