Topic locked

Re: Tip for the title?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Harsh on Selby I think, he was playing absolutely great against Higgins last year. Can't remember how many centuries he scored but it was a few, could well have gone all the way if he came through that.

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about my predictions. Every time I've picked a Crucible winner, they've gone out in the first round. Without fail. Even one year when I predicted John Higgins to win, he lost to Selby in a qualifier.

SnookerFan, the real Crucible Curse. <laugh>

Postby Cheesyman99

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:Harsh on Selby I think, he was playing absolutely great against Higgins last year. Can't remember how many centuries he scored but it was a few, could well have gone all the way if he came through that.

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about my predictions. Every time I've picked a Crucible winner, they've gone out in the first round. Without fail. Even one year when I predicted John Higgins to win, he lost to Selby in a qualifier.

SnookerFan, the real Crucible Curse. <laugh>

Predict Perry to win please

Postby Smart

Yep Selbs was unlucky last year to run into Higgo - that is the luck of the draw I am afraid and why certain areas of the draw look plain sailing in contrast to others. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:I reckon Ding could do it if he gains the momentum in the early rounds and gets himself to the final.He certainly has it in him. :mosh2:

Go get em Ding. <cool>

I was a ROS fan but he talks too much old poop for my liking and i let him go his merry way without taking much notice any more.

Every time i think he has matured he starts talking rubbish again.
:hankey:

So i put my support in Ding these days and i still like to see Hendry play well.

I would like to see Wenbo give ROS a run for his money.

As long as Selby or Carter dont win it i will be happy who :evilgrin: ever wins.

I wouldn't worry about Carter winning it. Or even Wenbo beating Ronnie, though like you say I hope he makes it close.

Selby is more likely then Carter, but it depends who he plays. He seems to come into form more at The Masters then at the worlds. But I wouldn't be too happy with the Jester being world champion.

Postby SnookerFan

Does anybody ever have any cheeky bets at the 888.com/Betfred.com stands when they are live at The Crucible?

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote: I MIGHT even stay in that Saturday :scared: :apple:

i should hope you will you got prediction responsability to your customers <laugh>

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Does anybody ever have any cheeky bets at the 888.com/Betfred.com stands when they are live at The Crucible?

I did a few last year. I did look like an idiot when I cheered Allen quite loudly after he potted a brown for first colour potted.

Its not fair, I really want to go this year :-(

Postby SnookerFan

littlebylittle wrote:closer we get more i think williams is gonna do ronnie and win the title

In what sense would he be doing a Ronnie? You mean winning it three times?

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:My early tips for the semis are

Robertson v Carter
Maguire v Selby

Not bad :ahh:

Postby Alex0paul

Alex0paul wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:My early tips for the semis are

Robertson v Carter
Maguire v Selby

Not bad :ahh:

:D

In my defence this was done before the qualifers

Postby Bourne

Maguire ? Terrible prediction. Hang your head in shame.

;)

Postby Rocket_ron

rocket_ron wrote:sorry i thought it was tip for the welsh open. so for the worlds my tip would be as always ronnie o'sullivan but i'm not sure so going for robertson or selby or murphy. but I would like to see robertson win.

not far off am i