Topic locked

Re: World Championship booking form

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I'll be going for the semis. I would go for the whole tournament but until they reintroduce the season ticket offer I am a little inclined to pay 3 times as much as others who still get their season tickets.

You cannot beat walking into the arena to the one table setup. It sends shivers down my spine.

Alex - quite possibly see you there mate, waiting to hear from my "contact" about tickets. Its a special place and awesome atmosphere. Has to be seen to be believed. <ok>

I wander if seifer v eirian the re match will be on the agenda this year <laugh>

I bet Eirian is recycling himself at the prospect of re-match. <laugh>

Postby Roland

I've just thrown £214 away in ticket requests. Bloody expensive lark this Crucible isn't it?

I had to write on the envelope "Please do not send alternative tickets to those requested" because I've asked for among others two matches which Ronnie is scheduled to play in - 2nd round and quarter-final (which could be Williams then Selby) so they will probably sell out, in which case a call to the returns office nearer the time will net tickets.

Postby Roland

Something ridiculous like 28 days after January 14th. I sent mine off today so should make the deadline for random draw. Seriously though, there are always returns so don't be too disheartened if you don't get the matches you want because you will be able to get tickets at a later date.

Postby Casey

I am hopeful that I will get tickets for the Allen match on the Saturday and Sunday morning, although the first session of Hendry’s match will be tough, I really want to see him play at the crucible before he retires. Returns you say? Alot cheaper than going the ebay route no doubt :chin:

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wc wrote:I am hopeful that I will get tickets for the Allen match on the Saturday and Sunday morning, although the first session of Hendry’s match will be tough, I really want to see him play at the crucible before he retires. Returns you say? Alot cheaper than going the ebay route no doubt :chin:

Returns are pretty easy to get. I went up last year with me mther and she was missing tickets for 3 sessions of semi finals but managed to all 3 on the front 2 rows. So by going with that it will be easier for earlier rounds.

Postby Roland

case_master wc wrote:I am hopeful that I will get tickets for the Allen match on the Saturday and Sunday morning, although the first session of Hendry’s match will be tough, I really want to see him play at the crucible before he retires. Returns you say? Alot cheaper than going the ebay route no doubt :chin:

Yes, just leave it until after they go on sale at the Crucible box office and give them a call. I've requested the Sunday morning Allen match too <ok>

smart - you doing the usual semi-finals? I'll be going with OBM again on the Thursday and he's driving so I can have a few ales :ba:

Postby Roland

I assume you'll be seeing more sessions? I've gone for the first Sunday morning and afternoon, then Monday the same, then the following Monday, Tuesday the same and 2 sessions on semi-final Thursday.

Postby Casey

Yea first Saturday morning and afternoon, Sunday morning then I will be flying back home some time that night. I put in an alternative choice for the Selby match encase I don't get any of the others. :excited:

Postby Roland

Why not Sunday afternoon as well? Two sessions fly by.

Last year I went for the Selby sessions and they were all taken. Obviously I then watched his first, second and quarter-final matches thanks to returns.

Postby Casey

Because I am not sure about the flights yet, if I can get a late flight home I will be looking at the Sunday afternoon. Not even sure yet which airport to fly into.

Postby Roland

Didn't Sheffield airport close?

Anyway, why not fly back Monday so you don't have to worry about getting to the airport in time? :redneck:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Didn't Sheffield airport close?

Anyway, why not fly back Monday so you don't have to worry about getting to the airport in time? :redneck:

:chin: Might be cheaper to fly back on the Monday. Do you know what is the closest airport to Sheffield, Leeds? Manchester?

Postby Roland

One of the two. Maybe Manchester will be better because they have a train station.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:smart - you doing the usual semi-finals? I'll be going with OBM again on the Thursday and he's driving so I can have a few ales :ba:

hope so, sent a text yesterday, hoping to hear back soon..... defo want semi action not sure whether to go for all 3 days though, maybe just Thursday and Friday this time as it was too long for Mrs and little one. <ok>

I'm up for beers though. :mosh2:

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
Sonny wrote:Didn't Sheffield airport close?

Sheffield airport.....? There is no such thing, surely its Manchester for casey-boy. <ok>

Yep it would seem, Ryanair all the way.

Postby Lucky

I take it you wont be meeting up with rainman on this occasion? There's probably a picture of him up in the ticket office window, stating that he's barred <laugh>

Postby GJ

Lucky balls wrote:I take it you wont be meeting up with rainman on this occasion? There's probably a picture of him up in the ticket office window, stating that he's barred <laugh>

rofl <laugh>

Postby Smart

Hmmmmmmm :huh:

I have been offered a ticket to the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - table 2 (where the best players will be)....

Monday = Williams <ok> , ROS <ok>
Tuesday = Day :chin: , ROS <ok> , Ebdon <laugh>
Wednesday = Day :chin: , Mags <ok> , Ebdon <laugh>

Seriously a bit gutted that the SF tickets were not reserved for me, cos AdolfMugabe would of loved it. Hope he can come to one of the days that I am in Sheffield.

Week 1 is the best week for close matches so looking forward.

The seat I have bagged is table 2, level with the blue spot, row B. :mosh2:

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:Hmmmmmmm :huh:

I have been offered a ticket to the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - table 2 (where the best players will be)....

Monday = Williams <ok> , ROS <ok>
Tuesday = Day :chin: , ROS <ok> , Ebdon <laugh>
Wednesday = Day :chin: , Mags <ok> , Ebdon <laugh>

Seriously a bit gutted that the SF tickets were not reserved for me, cos AdolfMugabe would of loved it. Hope he can come to one of the days that I am in Sheffield.

Week 1 is the best week for close matches so looking forward.

The seat I have bagged is table 2, level with the blue spot, row B. :mosh2:

robbo is on table 1 so no antics or putting off tactics while he is playing

<ok>

Postby Smart

I know he is on table 1 - hence why I bagged them for table 2.

Is coughing okay, assuming I synchronise my coughs so they do not trump his coughs. <laugh>

I hope the curtain goes up when he is still playing - giving me more of a chance to cheer on his oppo (like I did when Murphy beat him good and proper last year). <laugh>

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:I know he is on table 1 - hence why I bagged them for table 2.

Is coughing okay, assuming I synchronise my coughs so they do not trump his coughs. <laugh>

I hope the curtain goes up when he is still playing - giving me more of a chance to cheer on his oppo (like I did when Murphy beat him good and proper last year). <laugh>

i seem to remember an incident during that match when a spectator was causing trouble <laugh>