Topic locked

Re: World Championship booking form

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:What I always do is wait for a few frames and spot if there are any spare seats with a better view then subtly move over to them. There are always a few and sometimes a whole row is empty in a prime location.

I might try that. <ok> Did your tickets come yet?

Postby SnookerFan

I just rang the box office and confirmed, I got all my first choice matches. All I've got to do now is wait for my tickets.

And remember what my first choice matches were. <laugh>

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:Tickets have arrived. :D :ahh: :D :ahh:
Which seats have you got?

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Can anybody recommend some accommodation? Its probably best to reserve a room before everybody gets their tickets, might be difficult after that. Thanks in advance <ok>

The Novotel is nice enough & is where most of the players stay. Around the corner, literally, is the Cutler's hotel. Not up too much, clean enough & not as pricey & has a roof. :)

Casey - I'm in the Novotel for 3 nights. :ahh:

If you ring up and pay in advance you get a discount. That is what I did. The guy on reservations is called Jerome and is French I think. Breakfast is included in the price and is great. Rooms are plush and the bar is nice but expensive. Swimming pool is cool after breakfast for a quick dip prior to the 10am snooker start. <ok>

Getting the Novotel for 3 nights £223 with breakfast if I prepay, though they dont take Maestro cards :redneck: so I will have to wait until Monday when the banks open again so I can seal the deal <ok>

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Tickets have arrived. :D :ahh: :D :ahh:
Which seats have you got?

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Can anybody recommend some accommodation? Its probably best to reserve a room before everybody gets their tickets, might be difficult after that. Thanks in advance <ok>

The Novotel is nice enough & is where most of the players stay. Around the corner, literally, is the Cutler's hotel. Not up too much, clean enough & not as pricey & has a roof. :)

Casey - I'm in the Novotel for 3 nights. :ahh:

If you ring up and pay in advance you get a discount. That is what I did. The guy on reservations is called Jerome and is French I think. Breakfast is included in the price and is great. Rooms are plush and the bar is nice but expensive. Swimming pool is cool after breakfast for a quick dip prior to the 10am snooker start. <ok>

Getting the Novotel for 3 nights £223 with breakfast if I prepay, though they dont take Maestro cards :redneck: so I will have to wait until Monday when the banks open again so I can seal the deal <ok>

You got a good deal there. :afro:

My seat is:

B 8 (thru the green door). 9 sessions of table 2 action. :afro: :D :afro: :D

Postby SnookerFan

Green Door. What are the people door like? Some of the doors has some real shitheads by it.

Man, I wonder if my tickets have arrived yet? I aint going home tonight, staying somewhere, so they might be there, waiting for me.

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:Cheers Lucky <ok> I have great seats for the Allen match but I am the second last row back for the Hendo game, raging. I might try and get them changed somehow :chin:

Just sit wherever you like - that is the Seifer plan of action (with a pint glass hidden in his coat for good measure). <laugh>

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:Green Door. What are the people door like? Some of the doors has some real shitheads by it.

Man, I wonder if my tickets have arrived yet? I aint going home tonight, staying somewhere, so they might be there, waiting for me.

People on the door are usually geriatric men or pushy, frumpy women. Hope this helps you. <ok>

:wave:

Postby SnookerFan

I think it's red door that has the tossers. They didn't let me in once, when there was no play on either table, and Rob Walker wasn't even out because it was like 10 seconds after seven.

They were like; "You'll interrupt play." I said; "What play? I'll interrupt more play when they are actually out."

Postby Lucky

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wc wrote:Cheers Lucky <ok> I have great seats for the Allen match but I am the second last row back for the Hendo game, raging. I might try and get them changed somehow :chin:

Just sit wherever you like - that is the Seifer plan of action (with a pint glass hidden in his coat for good measure). <laugh>

<laugh> That bruce Lee shirt is access all areas rofl

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:

<laugh> <laugh> Will do, row N is too far back for me to reach my fanboy potential during the Hendry match <ok>

Postby Casey

That would be cool if they were, sure to make the experience even better. Can't remember the guys name but he had a foreign accent, he quoted me a laughable price at first then I thought to myself (if smartrexyboy can get a good price) so i asked for the best he could do. He half laughed then gave me that quote as long as I pre-pay. Happy days :D

Postby Smart

case_master wc wrote:That would be cool if they were, sure to make the experience even better. Can't remember the guys name but he had a foreign accent, he quoted me a laughable price at first then I thought to myself (if smartrexyboy can get a good price) so i asked for the best he could do. He half laughed then gave me that quote as long as I pre-pay. Happy days :D

£223 is a great price - is that a double bedroom or single. <ok>

Postby Smart

I was at the back (sort of) the first year I went - and on a rubbish angle. It sucks. Hope this helps. <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
case_master wc wrote:That would be cool if they were, sure to make the experience even better. Can't remember the guys name but he had a foreign accent, he quoted me a laughable price at first then I thought to myself (if smartrexyboy can get a good price) so i asked for the best he could do. He half laughed then gave me that quote as long as I pre-pay. Happy days :D

£223 is a great price - is that a double bedroom or single. <ok>

Double :idea:

Postby Witz78

Im pretty much in rows A-D all of the first week.

A lot of people would be happy with that but to be honest i prefer to be further up with more of a TV view of the table and a better perspective of how the balls on the table are exactly sitting.

Its good to be higher up to, so whenever theres a lull in proceedings you can have a good nosy around the crowd too ( and try and spot any talent worth pursuing in the bar later <cool> )

The worst part about my seats though, is unless Hearn has changed things and allows people in with drinks, then its gonna be nigh on impossible to sly drink in. Last time i slyed drink in when i was down the front, i had to be super sly about it, but out of nowehere a big black hand (that WPSBA official that looks like a fat Didier Drogba) appeared and grabbed the bottle of beer out of my hand.

I will probably end up looking for spare seats up the back of the arena and just drink away up there.

Postby Witz78

Stalin.

Me and my mate ended up out on the drink with Allens entourage one night last year, quite a bunch of characters.

Did anyone see Martin Gould and his clan last year? There was one guy about 60 who looked like a cross between Steven Seagal and Silvio Berluscini with jet black.... :chin: hair slicked back.

Rory McLeods dad was a right character too with his grey dreadlocks and rastafarian clobber

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Stalin.

Me and my mate ended up out on the drink with Allens entourage one night last year, quite a bunch of characters.

Did anyone see Martin Gould and his clan last year? There was one guy about 60 who looked like a cross between Steven Seagal and Silvio Berluscini with jet black.... :chin: hair slicked back.

Rory McLeods dad was a right character too with his grey dreadlocks and rastafarian clobber

Every time I saw Martin Gould at The Crucible last year, he was with his wife.

What was funnier was when I was staying at the Welsh Open, Martin Gould was staying in the same budget hotel as me. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wc wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've still not got my tickets.

:wild2:

When did the money come out of your account?

At least a week ago, I can't remember now.

The woman who worked at The Crucible vouched that I'd got the ones I wanted on Friday, but couldn't guarantee they'd been posted yet, some are still being sent out. May have come in the post today since I've been at work.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
case_master wc wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've still not got my tickets.

:wild2:

When did the money come out of your account?

At least a week ago, I can't remember now.

The woman who worked at The Crucible vouched that I'd got the ones I wanted on Friday, but couldn't guarantee they'd been posted yet, some are still being sent out. May have come in the post today since I've been at work.

From the money going out of my account to the tickets going out, it took about 2 weeks for mine to arrive.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:So, is pretty much everybody going? Maybe we'll all meet up at some point. I'll be the fat bloke in the red Snooker Loopy T-shirt.

Hell yeah, wouldnt miss it for anything :)

I'll be mainly found in the bar / bookies or if the suns shining ill be outside in the square with my shorts on getting snake hissed on pear cider! :cheers: <cool>

Oh and ill be watching some snooker too ya know..... :roll:

Whos the guy in his 40s who wears the football strips, has short spiky hair (sometimes dyed blonde) always sits in the seat behid the players on table 1 ???

In all the years ive gone, ive never actually bothered to have a crack with him. Hes a bit of a legend tho.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, is pretty much everybody going? Maybe we'll all meet up at some point. I'll be the fat bloke in the red Snooker Loopy T-shirt.

Hell yeah, wouldnt miss it for anything :)

I'll be mainly found in the bar / bookies or if the suns shining ill be outside in the square with my shorts on getting snake hissed on pear cider! :cheers: <cool>

Oh and ill be watching some snooker too ya know..... :roll:

Whos the guy in his 40s who wears the football strips, has short spiky hair (sometimes dyed blonde) always sits in the seat behid the players on table 1 ???

In all the years ive gone, ive never actually bothered to have a crack with him. Hes a bit of a legend tho.

His name is Brian and is from Coventry hence the retro Coventry tops - he travels to watch England footie too. <ok>

Postby Casey

First weekend <cool>

Did you get your tickets yet Sonny?

Postby SnookerFan

My tickets have arrived today. :D

I am watching the John Higgins game, the Ali Carter game, the Joe Perry game, and the Marco Fu game. Proper looking forward to this one. And spending time in the hotel bar.

:bowdown:

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:My tickets have arrived today. :D

I am watching the John Higgins game, the Ali Carter game, the Joe Perry game, and the Marco Fu game. Proper looking forward to this one. And spending time in the hotel bar.

:bowdown:

Were are you staying? Were they your first choice matches?