Topic locked

Re: Qualifying Draw ?

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:rather than it just being anonymously drawn midweek, when the conspircacy theorists will no doubt pour scorn on some of the ties. (Murphy with an easy R1 draw anyone? ;) )

yes like ronnie vs ding back in 2008, i still think it was fixed

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:
Witz78 wrote:rather than it just being anonymously drawn midweek, when the conspircacy theorists will no doubt pour scorn on some of the ties. (Murphy with an easy R1 draw anyone? ;) )

So did Ronnie at the time.

Postby Cheesyman99

The draw for the final stages of the Betfred World Championships, to be played at the Crucible theatre, Sheffield on April 17 - May 3 will be made on March 11 at the SIS television studios at 11am and will be streamed to betting shops throughout the British Isles

Postby Bourne

Cheesyman99 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Shops ? lol

It's gone from...

TV
RADIO
SHOPS

What next...?

Gentleman's Clubs next :evilgrin:

Postby Smart

They should alternate between different motorway service stations for the draw each year.

My proposed itenary:

2011 - Leigh Delamere
2012 - Trowell
2013 - Gordano
2014 - Reading
2015 - Exeter
2016 - Tamworth

Any thoughts. <ok>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:

So did Ronnie at the time.

Ronnie had Lui Chang in the first round in 2008 <ok>

He did get Maguire (twice) and Ding in the first round 3 out of 4 seasons prior to that i think.

I still think that depending upon your ranking you should be rewarded by the draw being seeded.

Id say that the 16 qualifiers should be seeded from 17-32 based upon their ranking positions, and the number 1 seed should play 32, 2 play 31 etc.

Its a joke how the likes of King seems to get favourable draws whereas some of the top players get the tough qualifiers like Cope, Trump, Stevens etc.

Id rather see the games of death in the later stages.

Postby GJ

ronnies last 2 first rounder's have been easy enough

bingham
chuang

robbo has had it ok

davis
bond
day was tricky enough in 07

Postby NedB-H

StalinESQ wrote:They should alternate between different motorway service stations for the draw each year.

My proposed itenary:

2011 - Leigh Delamere
2012 - Trowell
2013 - Gordano
2014 - Reading
2015 - Exeter
2016 - Tamworth

Any thoughts. <ok>

Tebay, have a bit of class <ok> And Blyth, take it to the shires

Postby Cheesyman99

NedB-H wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:They should alternate between different motorway service stations for the draw each year.

My proposed itenary:

2011 - Leigh Delamere
2012 - Trowell
2013 - Gordano
2014 - Reading
2015 - Exeter
2016 - Tamworth

Any thoughts. <ok>

As long as they have a burger king, I'm in

Postby Bourne

Cheesyman99 wrote:Holt v Higgins last year was definitely a fix...

Indeed, every seed was desperate to face Holty but as usual it was Mr lucky Higgins who got him :-(

Postby Cheesyman99

Bourne wrote:
Cheesyman99 wrote:Holt v Higgins last year was definitely a fix...

Indeed, every seed was desperate to face Holty but as usual it was Mr lucky Higgins who got him :-(

Holt did lead 4-1

Postby Smart

Cheesyman99 wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

My proposed itenary:

2011 - Leigh Delamere
2012 - Trowell
2013 - Gordano
2014 - Reading
2015 - Exeter
2016 - Tamworth

Any thoughts. <ok>

As long as they have a burger king, I'm in

Exeter Services is also a nice stopping off point, nice and clean, there is also a shop to buy things in and also a petrol station if you are running low on gasoline - ideal. :wave:

Postby Bourne

Cheesyman99 wrote:The draw for the final stages of the Betfred World Championships, to be played at the Crucible theatre, Sheffield on April 17 - May 3 will be made on March 11 at the SIS television studios at 11am and will be streamed to betting shops throughout the British Isles

Just Betfred shops apparently.

Postby Witz78

rocket_ron wrote:is betfred the best then?

theyll be the best option come 7 weeks time when im drunk in the Crucible bar rofl <doh>