Postby GJ

Shootout because

its easy to understand
its funny and its a good laugh

power snooker

rules are crap and far to complicated

Re: Shootout vs Power

Postby Lucky

Power might not have been as bad if played in a snooker enviroment as opposed to a darts setup.......ITV = :emu:

Postby Bourne

Yes that's a very good point, they tried FAR too hard in the Power to be completely revolutionary and it ended up looking more like a circus. I still think it has it's place with a bit of re-jigging but the Shootout dicks on it tbh.

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:Yes that's a very good point, they tried FAR too hard in the Power to be completely revolutionary and it ended up looking more like a circus. I still think it has it's place with a bit of re-jigging but the Shootout dicks on it tbh.

:emu:

Postby Roland

Power has potential but not as part of the World Snooker tour. I like it as a global location to location "circus" where the best pool and snooker players are invited along for a one off weekend event. The way they have a record score chart and other stats means in years to come you can have a good set of stats from a lot of good players from all cuesports. I don't see it as a serious league format or seperate tour or anything. It will definitely appeal to children with its computer game nature and get the next generation picking up a cue.

The Shootout has been great. I went in open minded, thought it was rubbish and then came back and watched tonights session in a better frame of mind and thoroughly enjoyed every second. It's great seeing all of the top 64 on tv, and it's funny watching the players decision making, like running down the clock early on and running round the table at the end, and running the clock down and messing up because they weren't ready for the pips.

The crowds were pretty similar to me. I saw something Tubber wrote earlier and he like many seem to judge Power Snooker on the drunken yob nature of the crowd that we are so good at in England rather than the innovation of the format. Well the crowd in the Shootout will probably be at its worst on the Saturday evening session when some are intent on getting slaughtered, but many will have to drive home tomorrow and feel hungover from today so it could be more respectful tomorrow. Either way, you can't always judge a format on the crowd who go to watch it.

Postby PLtheRef

Shootout - as someone said this is the sort of ideal game for starting kids off if they need weaning - I never did and I dont know how many of those 25 and under in the game today needed weaning to the proper thing. - Its the traditional game played at a young persons pace - it works for a 1 tournament a year - but I think shootout can be improved.

Shoot-out over Power - definitely

Postby Casey

Shootout all the way. Robbo was involved in some very entertaining matches.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Shootout - as someone said this is the sort of ideal game for starting kids off if they need weaning - I never did and I dont know how many of those 25 and under in the game today needed weaning to the proper thing. - Its the traditional game played at a young persons pace - it works for a 1 tournament a year - but I think shootout can be improved.

dont know about that how many clocks can you use in a club to replicate the shootout for kids to play.

anyone can play the proper game over 1 frame at whatever speed they want its in their hands.

Postby PLtheRef

At the club where I got tuition we had 15 minute chess clocks - as in once the balls came to rest we stopped one clock which started another once one player was out of time the other had the table to themselves.

The shootout game needs a couple of tweaks but it's been an enjoyable weekend

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Shootout - as someone said this is the sort of ideal game for starting kids off if they need weaning - I never did and I dont know how many of those 25 and under in the game today needed weaning to the proper thing. - Its the traditional game played at a young persons pace - it works for a 1 tournament a year - but I think shootout can be improved.

dont know about that how many clocks can you use in a club to replicate the shootout for kids to play.

anyone can play the proper game over 1 frame at whatever speed they want its in their hands.

plus the other folk in the club might get annoyed if i got my mates to shout out the legendary 5,4,3,2,1 countdown before every shot i played rofl