Topic locked

Re: Snooker Island represented at Blackpool

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:theres no doubting he was unpredictable you never knew what he would do next but for me he started to play on that bad boy image and when unpredictability becomes predictable theres nowhere to go.

Alex Higgins had Charm as well as that dark side Quinten at the End there was no shinning light just Rape,Match Fixing etc

Ah come on wild ffs

Postby Rocket_ron

Smart wrote:the openess is great - cant fault that, but the break off sorry call it a tactic if you like but its wrong in my eyes, its against what snooker is about :|

<laugh> no comment.

he was a fun to watch player tho

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:the openess is great - cant fault that, but the break off sorry call it a tactic if you like but its wrong in my eyes, its against what snooker is about :|

The bottom line is if you use that "tactic" it will pay off far less frequently than it will work for you so if you choose to use it, good luck to you. It may be frowned upon by certain quarters but at the end of the day it's a legal shot. If you want to win a match though, you won't do it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:theres no doubting he was unpredictable you never knew what he would do next but for me he started to play on that bad boy image and when unpredictability becomes predictable theres nowhere to go.

Alex Higgins had Charm as well as that dark side Quinten at the End there was no shinning light just Rape,Match Fixing etc

Ah come on wild ffs

what ?

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:but in 3 years he will have the freedom to enter PTC or Q School cant see it myself.

i fancy him to make a re-appearance in some form be it via the PTC.

I think hell test the water to see if he still thinks he can do something in the game.

If not i still think hell fancy coming back to a PTC or 2 and noising a few folk up. Hopefully he gets drawn against Hicks and sticks the nut in him or something. The arrogance of Hicks in the WC game was the beginning of the end for Hann and some blame has to be laid at his door for the role he played in tipping Quinten over the edge.

Scarily hell be nearly 37 by the time his ban ends. <doh>

Postby Roland

As I said before, if he wants it bad enough I'm sure there's a door he can take which will get him back playing again before the official ban ends but I doubt he wants it enough. How's he doing in pool these days anyway? I've not seen his name mentioned in a results capacity since his ban. He was originally a pool player who moved across to snooker wasn't he?

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:

The bottom line is if you use that "tactic" it will pay off far less frequently than it will work for you so if you choose to use it, good luck to you. It may be frowned upon by certain quarters but at the end of the day it's a legal shot. If you want to win a match though, you won't do it.

Ive used Hann break off tactics in the past. If im playing a slow player i do it to open things up actually and make things play into my hands as more of a potter than a safety battle kinda guy.

Potted 3 reds doing it actually one time.

Anyway if Hanns break off is bringing the game into disrepute then what was Steve Davis's boring roll up to the pack shot from a few years ago then? :zzz:

Look at Hearn now, Power Snooker, PL, Sky Shooutout etc.

Its obvious who fits in more to the new era of snooker than 90% of the tour.

Do the honourable thing Bazza and revoke Hanns ban and award him a place on 2011/12 tour as the Oceania nomination since they never normally take up their places anyway, and as scant consolation for ruining 5 years of his career.

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:As I said before, if he wants it bad enough I'm sure there's a door he can take which will get him back playing again before the official ban ends but I doubt he wants it enough. How's he doing in pool these days anyway? I've not seen his name mentioned in a results capacity since his ban. He was originally a pool player who moved across to snooker wasn't he?

If I'm not mistaken he was a World Champion <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Tubberlad wrote:
Sonny wrote:As I said before, if he wants it bad enough I'm sure there's a door he can take which will get him back playing again before the official ban ends but I doubt he wants it enough. How's he doing in pool these days anyway? I've not seen his name mentioned in a results capacity since his ban. He was originally a pool player who moved across to snooker wasn't he?

If I'm not mistaken he was a World Champion <ok>

well in the unoffical english wc

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:

Ive used Hann break off tactics in the past. If im playing a slow player i do it to open things up actually and make things play into my hands as more of a potter than a safety battle kinda guy.

Potted 3 reds doing it actually one time.

Anyway if Hanns break off is bringing the game into disrepute then what was Steve Davis's boring roll up to the pack shot from a few years ago then? :zzz:

Look at Hearn now, Power Snooker, PL, Sky Shooutout etc.

Its obvious who fits in more to the new era of snooker than 90% of the tour.

Do the honourable thing Bazza and revoke Hanns ban and award him a place on 2011/12 tour as the Oceania nomination since they never normally take up their places anyway, and as scant consolation for ruining 5 years of his career.

Barry dont nominate players anyway thats up to the Country to nominate a Player.....

Whats to stop them Nominating Quinten and see where it takes them <laugh> ...i know Barry Hearn had a soft spot for Quinten as a Kid he made a point of inviting him over in 1991 to play the likes of John Higgins and Ronnie in Junior Event in Birmingham.

Postby SnookerFan

If he wanted back bad enough, why when he was found out did he pretty much go; "Yeah, I did it. Fair play. What you gonna do?"

I appreciate that World Snooker used it as an opportunity to be rid of somebody they considered to be an annoying little runt. But, for all we know, Hann used it as a reason to get out of the game. He didn't exactly act like being fired was a big deal.