Topic locked

Re: Masters 2011: Your thoughts

Postby wheelsofsteel

Sonny wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:I wanted Robertson to win, but happy enough with Ding. Big time player and bigger now. Good final, good start, dramatic 11th frame, and a champions close-out by Ding. Don't think I'd have been as excited if Cope for instance had won. That would be a modern day Steve James performance minus the bike

<laugh> yeah he was always going on about his motorbike in his brummie accent. I would've been happy for a Cope win because when he's on song how can you not enjoy watching him?

That bit 'when he's on song' is the turn off for me. He is a good player, but - and here comes the but part - I cannot be bothered watching him because he is so up and down.

Very good when he gets going, good scorer and break builder. But I've sat about too often waiting for him to ignite (I know his name is Cope not Cole!) and he just has been so inconsistant. I don't not like him, but he has turned me off on occasions. And I have to be honest, Maguire is sending me the same way.

Postby Casey

Disappointed at Mark Allens SF exit but apart from that it was ok. It just shows how a slower table can effect the standards ;)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:The worlds is between Ding, Robbo, Higgins, Ronnie, Williams and Selby for me. In order I think now I will actually put Ding favourite although we need to see the draw before making such claims.

I agree but I would change Robertson with Murphy. To defend a title is tough, defending a world title is not possible nowadays, never mind on the first try. Murphy on the other hand has a great record at the Crucible and is always a force to be reckoned with.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Casey wrote:Disappointed at Mark Allens SF exit but apart from that it was ok. It just shows how a slower table can effect the standards ;)

The humidity was terrible and Marco - coming from Hong Kong - dealt with that much better :chin:

Postby Wildey

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Casey wrote:Disappointed at Mark Allens SF exit but apart from that it was ok. It just shows how a slower table can effect the standards ;)

The humidity was terrible and Marco - coming from Hong Kong - dealt with that much better :chin:

it just shows if there will be more tournaments in the far east players will have to learn how to adapt to different conditions.

Postby wheelsofsteel

Wild wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

it just shows if there will be more tournaments in the far east players will have to learn how to adapt to different conditions.

I was joking - the only dampness came under Allen's collar when his bottle went when he realised someone more dogged than him was across in the other chair

Postby Wildey

wheelsofsteel wrote:
Wild wrote:
wheelsofsteel wrote:

I was joking - the only dampness came under Allen's collar when his bottle went when he realised someone more dogged than him was across in the other chair

i wasn't joking.

moaning about conditions became a joke last week.

yes the tables was slower but not as bad as all that listening to Willie Thorne it was as if the balls got stuck in tar mac.

Postby Eirebilly

I really enjoyed the Masters this year. There was some great snooker, especially by Ding and Fu.

Postby vodkadiet

The Masters this year was of a very poor standard. Snooker is lacking any class 'A' acts at the moment.

I can even see John Higgins winning another world title as quality is very thin on the ground.

As for Ding being a world champion, please don't make me laugh. There is more chance of Dame Edna Robertson defending his fluked world title of 2010.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:The Masters this year was of a very poor standard. Snooker is lacking any class 'A' acts at the moment.

I can even see John Higgins winning another world title as quality is very thin on the ground.

As for Ding being a world champion, please don't make me laugh. There is more chance of Dame Edna Robertson defending his fluked world title of 2010.

:zzz: :tvrky:

Postby Bourne

If Higgins, Robbo and Ding have such little chance, maybe frame thinks Ronnie will do the bizzo. Is frame on the turn :love: