Topic locked

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby Bourne

Can't really knock Jamie this week, the only debutant in the field and he's made the semis. For such a confidence player then it should do him good for the rest of the season no matter what happens this weekend.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I think those frames where you put in so much mental energy trying to fight back in and you end up losing, those hurt a lot so I think Fu will be pretty peeved at the minute and vulnerable.

that frame looks bigger now

Postby jojo

nice footage they showed from 1984 white and stevens

as for todays match 3-1 allen i still think frame 3 could be significant if the match goes tight such as 4-4 or 5-5 fu may be a bit more mentally sharper

when you need snookers you dont spend energy trying to get them i know that sounds funny you spend more energy trying to kill off the frame when you know you missed an easy ball and your opponent comes back trying to get the snookers and the frame goes on for far longer

if fu got the snookers he needed then messed up an easy chance to steal the frame then that would have hurt him but you have nothing to lose when you playing on for snookers

players can always come back to the table even when they know they dont have a chance of winning the frame for various reasons depending on the match situation and the player it may have an impact on the match even though the frame realistically gone

allen a quick player fu wanted to slow him down as well as having an outside chance of winning the frame
Last edited by jojo on 15 Jan 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:when you need snookers you dont spend energy trying to get them i know that sounds funny you spend more energy trying to kill off the frame when you know you missed an easy ball and your opponent comes back trying to get the snookers and the frame goes on for far longer

Agree with that

if you win it after needing a snooker its a bonus

Postby jojo

i think if fu loses this match he loses the frame he should have wrapped it up by now 40+ ahead in the balls frame at his mercy then runs out of position

i dont mind who goes on to win the tournament im split right down the middle but it will be good for the game if we have two chinese players in a major final they adore the game in the far east globally it will be good for the game

Postby Wildey

he just goes in to the pack very tentative in the balls when they spread about not many better than him but when pack splitting hes trying to tickle the balls open.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:he just goes in to the pack very tentative in the balls when they spread about not many better than him but when pack splitting hes trying to tickle the balls open.

that reminds me of Steve Davis in his later career, he prefers to pick off loose reds first then usually goes into the pack cautiously hoping to cannon one or two loose rather than send reds flying

Postby Bourne

Big big steal, Allen showing his class, this is his first final in waiting and tbh he's showing good nerve because in previous semi-finals he's been underdog just about every time hasn't he ?

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:he just goes in to the pack very tentative in the balls when they spread about not many better than him but when pack splitting hes trying to tickle the balls open.

that reminds me of Steve Davis in his later career, he prefers to pick off loose reds first then usually goes into the pack cautiously hoping to cannon one or two loose rather than send reds flying

hendry also every time hes got a pack to split he thinks negative that hes going to plant a red and he takes his eye off the pot.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Not sure how wise it was to play a trick shot like that there, showing off ? :chin: Might stoke Marco's fire.

Don't know, he usually does play a trickshot on the black.
4-1 you would have to say Allen is a big fav. Marco not playing bad though and if he wins the next frame its game back on.