Topic locked

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:White T

btw is this Hendo's dabyoo in the studio, can't recall him being there before.

Nice to see Stephen's personality away from the table.

I said about 2 years ago Hendry had a guaranteed job with the BBC if he wanted, and to think people laughed at me :emu:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

world open once <ok>

Ah okay. Hopefully he does box duty tonight <ok>

i think itll be Virgo and Davis tonight.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

Nice to see Stephen's personality away from the table.

I said about 2 years ago Hendry had a guaranteed job with the BBC if he wanted, and to think people laughed at me :emu:

2 years ago i think he would have laughed at you <laugh> but i sense he is starting to get a different perspective on his career now.

Postby jojo

yes i think it good to have players in the studio that are either retired players or players at the end of their careers giving their insight and sharing their knowledge

good game so far 1-1 cant remember a meaningful miss from either player one frame winning break each i think the cloth change has helped both players

Postby Casey

Top quality stuff so far, I am very much enjoying it.

Its such a huge match in Mark's career, if he were to lose today this SF hurdle could prove to be even more difficult to overcome in his career.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
well id def say he bottled the WC 08 game v Hendry from 9-7 up

he missed some balls he did not bottle it.

did Ebdon bottle it last night because he missed pots ?

From 9-7 he missed one easy ball, the blue he tried to power in to get position on match ball red. In the last frame he went in off.

it pisses me off that missed pots in the deciding frames is seen as bottled but they miss balls in every frame....

did Ronnie bottle the easy pots hes missed this week ?

if missing easy pots aint bottling it then what exactly is "bottling it" then?

Postby Wildey

definition of bottling is refuse the right shot to play a definite snooker or safety.

other bottling is pot the ball and not try for position because it was a difficult shot as case said Allen played the right shot trying for position and missed it.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:definition of bottling is refuse the right shot to play a definite snooker or safety.

other bottling is pot the ball and not try for position because it was a difficult shot as case said Allen played the right shot trying for position and missed it.

So Williams bottled the UK final with Higgins when he played that black and didnt even bother getting position on the yellow that would have put him 31 up with 25 left?

Postby jojo

not all misses are bottling misses to be honest it all depends on the actual shot missed

missing pots during the frame you need suggests more bottling than missing a pot in just another frame

if you go back in the history of the game some famous shots dennis taylor virtually bottled every single black ball shot against steve davis except the one he potted which was over the pocket

davis himself bottled the black that was pure pressure

stephen hendry shot to the middle pocket agains mark williams in 1998 the one he missed in the re spot wasnt a bottle it was a very difficult pot which actually threw off line

jimmy white against hendry in 1994 was a bottle it was a major twitch he looked very nervous during that break anyway but his misses against alex higgins in the semi in 1982 when 15-14 up werent bottles they were just careless

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:definition of bottling is refuse the right shot to play a definite snooker or safety.

So Williams bottled the UK final with Higgins when he played that black and didnt even bother getting position on the yellow that would have put him 31 up with 25 left?

yes i think that was a bottle to be honest and it came back to bite him on the ass.

Postby Wildey

Regarding that Black Davis missed .

Davis has said hes proud how he played that shot he didn't bottle it.... Bottling it would have been to play it knowing he was giving it every chance to run safe so in Davis Words had he under cut that Black it was Bottling the shot but by over cutting it he sais he did not bottle the shot.

Postby jojo

this is good play from fu even though he likely to lose the frame he making sure allen sweating after missing that easy ball when he thought the frame was safe using his experience and upsetting allens rythm

when you miss an easy ball thinking the frame is won as your opponent needs snookers and your opponent comes back and makes you play on it does take more energy out of the player who should have won the frame

frame gone on for 15 minutes longer than allen would have liked

Postby Bourne

I think those frames where you put in so much mental energy trying to fight back in and you end up losing, those hurt a lot so I think Fu will be pretty peeved at the minute and vulnerable.

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:this is good play from fu even though he likely to lose the frame he making sure allen sweating after missing that easy ball when he thought the frame was safe using his experience and upsetting allens rythm

when you miss an easy ball thinking the frame is won as your opponent needs snookers and your opponent comes back and makes you play on it does take more energy out of the player who should have won the frame

frame gone on for 15 minutes longer than allen would have liked

yeh i know from experience that in a situation like that if you need one ball to finally kill a frame off it is harder for some reason as your wary of an in off or leaving an easy snooker chance so you just tend to tip toe around the table playing nothing shots a lot of the time.

Also when your opponent comes back into a frame you should have won panic sets in that you should have already had it won, as well as frustration menawhile your opponent gets new belief and a sort of warm glow and renewed confidence as they see their opponent feeling the pressure.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:I think those frames where you put in so much mental energy trying to fight back in and you end up losing, those hurt a lot so I think Fu will be pretty peeved at the minute and vulnerable.

No it wont affect him, he knew it was a tall ask and anything gained would have been a bonus. Making his opponent sweat and knocked off rythym for a while made playing on for snookers worthwhile.

It was worth it cos had Allen lost it from a seemingly over the line position then not only would Fu have won the frame, hed have dealt a high mental blow to Allen.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:I think those frames where you put in so much mental energy trying to fight back in and you end up losing, those hurt a lot so I think Fu will be pretty peeved at the minute and vulnerable.

No it wont affect him, he knew it was a tall ask and anything gained would have been a bonus. Making his opponent sweat and knocked off rythym for a while made playing on for snookers worthwhile.

It was worth it cos had Allen lost it from a seemingly over the line position then not only would Fu have won the frame, hed have dealt a high mental blow to Allen.

Disagree because I don't think Fu would have carried on unless he thought he could win it, and because he got close so many times (was it about 5 times Allen had to swerve out of snookers ?), then Fu must be wondering a bit what he had to do, so for Allen to stick the knife in in the end and get his side of the scoreboard moving is a big blow to Fu's confidence because of that sense of 'you're gona have to do much more than that to beat me' <ok>