Topic locked

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Quarter Final Discussion!!!

Postby GJ

Eirebilly wrote:GJ, lighten up will you. If you want to give it out, expect some returns.

if sick is going to post nonsense i will respond sick didnt sound tounge in cheek

Postby Eirebilly

GJ wrote:
Eirebilly wrote:GJ, lighten up will you. If you want to give it out, expect some returns.

if sick is going to post nonsense i will respond sick didnt sound tounge in cheek

Man, get over yourself. You dont always sound tongue in cheek yourself. If you want to give it out then accept some returns.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Fu has been lucky both of his opponents to date have not turned up.

His turn to be on the end of a 6-0 2mora !!!

harsh

Postby Bourne

Black2white wrote: davehendon Can you feel the farce?
10 minutes ago via web
<laugh>

Hendon <ok> It's a joke tbh. Friday evening matches at Wembley used to be absolute belters, I think you had more sensational excitement in wild's pants than we did in that arena tonight.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
10 minutes ago via web
<laugh>

Hendon <ok> It's a joke tbh. Friday evening matches at Wembley used to be absolute belters, I think you had more sensational excitement in wild's pants than we did in that arena tonight.

I cnat wait for the worlds already sometimes you can forget how good it is but those multiple session matches are so good compared with these shorter ones

:afro:

Postby jojo

i hope the matches tomorrow will be close but i expect to see allen in the final other semi not sure dings winning experience might give him the edge against cope but in all honesty it difficult to evaluate how both players are playing when ive not seen either of their matches this week

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
10 minutes ago via web
<laugh>

I cnat wait for the worlds already sometimes you can forget how good it is but those multiple session matches are so good compared with these shorter ones

Three months is a long time :-(

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:i hope the matches tomorrow will be close but i expect to see allen in the final other semi not sure dings winning experience might give him the edge against cope but in all honesty it difficult to evaluate how both players are playing when ive not seen either of their matches this week

not sure jojo fu has alot of mettle and has made a few finals allen ahsnt

it could tell tomorrow a semi is big difference to a quarter especially when a player hasnt made a final before

;)

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
10 minutes ago via web
<laugh>

Therell be a proper atmosphere in Blackpool in 2 weeks <ok>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
10 minutes ago via web
<laugh>

i know :-(

Postby Sickpotter

GJ wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:I can't believe we've got fluke whiners on the site now. <doh> Flukes and their relevance or lack there of is unworthy of discussion.

The odd bit of luck does not decide a match, someone played well enough to stay ahead of the other player, plain and simple.

If the match was so close that one fluke makes the difference then the loser didn't do enough to put some daylight between him and his opponent.

Take the fluked snooker that put Robbo in trouble.

First off, he was down a frame, his own fault he wasn't first to the hill or does someone want to suggest Allen was lucky to make the breaks he did?

Secondly, one could say Robbo was unlucky to wind up in the snooker but from the same standpoint one could say he was lucky the game ball was missed to begin with and even gave him a remote shot.

Is it one player's good luck or one player's bad luck? Who knows in the end.

Bottom line.....If the pro players don't think it worth mentioning or sussing out a rule for, is it really relevant? No.

how was it luck allen missed match ball

its luck that the white went behind the yellow

:grrr:

Was the match ball something Allen would normally pot? If it was and he missed Robbo was lucky he missed. ;)

I'm not saying it wasn't lucky for Allen that the white ran behind the yellow, it obviously was.

The point I was trying to make is that one fluke doesn't decide a match.

I completely understand how one wants to believe their fav is invincible and this is a convenient excuse to allow one to maintain that mindset but it really is only an excuse.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Is it me, or has this forum gone downhill since the Quarter Finals started? We had some good banter going on during the first round. Now all we're getting is bitchiness and arguing.

For shame :sad:

if giving your honest verdict on a match and saying well done to the players who won i bitchyness

<laugh> :wave:

Postby jojo

allen got a few years on fu he still not reached his peak whereas fu past his peak

not totally counting out fu for tomorrow but this is allens big chance he should have won a big tournament by now tomorrows his big chance

fu got a better all round game though allen a better potter and breakbuilder