Topic locked

Re: The Ladbrokes Mobile Masters Quarter Final Discussion!!!

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Ding v Cope is one match I seriously want to see. I'd take Ebdon v either Robbo or Allen but hopefully Allen. And then a Cope v Allen final.

Trying to think if Ding and Cope have played before in a TV tournament ?

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
Sonny wrote:Ding v Cope is one match I seriously want to see. I'd take Ebdon v either Robbo or Allen but hopefully Allen. And then a Cope v Allen final.

Trying to think if Ding and Cope have played before in a TV tournament ?

You would assume so, but I can't instantly think of an example. You must remember, sometimes when you have the China Open say, on Eurosport, they only show one of the four matches going on.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:ironicaly fu leads the way with centuries after round 1 having scored 2 against Mags.

And Mags has the tournament high-break lol, weird that thinking back because that match finished pretty farcically.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I would imagine not. One of them usually falls at the first hurdle.

Sadly true <laugh> That would be the best semi-final for the neutral, no offence to Dott or King but they don't turn it on as well as the former pair.

Postby Roland

Finally a word on Stephen Hendry, who turns 42 today.

It is distinctly possible that he won’t be in the top 16 next year but, if he is still playing, I see no reason not to give him a wildcard.

Not only has he won the title more than anyone else but he is still a huge name whose presence in a tournament enhances it.

Jimmy White, who won the Masters once, got several Wembley wildcards so Hendry should be afforded the same respect in the twilight of his career.

Good point by Hendon there

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:

It is distinctly possible that he won’t be in the top 16 next year but, if he is still playing, I see no reason not to give him a wildcard.

Not only has he won the title more than anyone else but he is still a huge name whose presence in a tournament enhances it.

Jimmy White, who won the Masters once, got several Wembley wildcards so Hendry should be afforded the same respect in the twilight of his career.

Yeh but is it fair if he's playing so badly and falls out of the top 30 ? If he's just going to get a wildcard to turn up and lose 6-1 in the first match then it's pointless. I'd far rather just see him get a commentating gig, maybe give the crowd a wave before the first match and everyone's happy <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:ironicaly fu leads the way with centuries after round 1 having scored 2 against Mags.

And Mags has the tournament high-break lol, weird that thinking back because that match finished pretty farcically.

in a way that match more than any other proves how farcical century break stats are.

looking at the scores 3 centuries plus the high break what a high quality match it was but it was not that good was it to be called high quality play....

i enjoyed the drama of it but that was to do with the bad shots and missed pots.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

ive writen on his blog

"im a hendry fan and i disagree about wild card for Stephen get in on merit or don't bother."

i hated jimmy cards and ill hate hendo cards with as much passion.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:COME ON DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

you cought a bit of GJismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <laugh>

Mr. Wild joins the battle. :wave:

as always :wave:

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:COME ON DINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

you cought a bit of GJismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm <laugh>

Nah I was sat on the washing machine when I said that and it got a bit shakyyyyyyyyy :?