Topic locked

12Bet.com UK Championship Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

December 4-12 at The Telford International Centre

its The Final and What a Final 2 Men from the Class of 1992 That has Fought tooth and Nail to get in to this Final.

John Higgins on the comeback Trail after a Ban and Mark Williams from the Doldrums of Qualifying a few Season Back to Where he is Today Back in a Major Final and World no 3.

Sunday 12th December

2pm

John Higgins v Mark Williams

8pm

John Higgins v Mark Williams

PREDICTIONS HERE

LIVE SCORES

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby GJ

CSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSME ON WILLIAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Postby Bourne

Honestly don't mind who wins, like both players, i'd say the story coupling Higgins' ascent to this position again is much more of a fairytale-like nature but there's something endearing about Williams' 'underdog' run to this final playing so far below his best but being able to scrap his way through :chin: 10-9 please <ok>

Postby Wildey

im a fan of Mark Williams id love him to win..

First time i saw him play was in the Mita World Masters Junior Event in January 1991 where he Played John Higgins in the Final and Lost 6-1.

Almost 20 years Later they are doing it again AND 10 years ago in the UK Final John Higgins beat Mark Williams 10-4 its Revenge time tomorrow <ok>

Postby Casey

I would love John to win and shove it up the holes of the boo boys :) :D :ahh:

On the other hand I would love Mark to win, real down to Earth guy who has clawed his way back to the top.

I think its a great final for the game, Uncle Barry will be rubbing his hands.

Postby GJ

barry should be delighted with the 4 players who have reached the 2 bbc finals this season

all world champions

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:barry should be delighted with the 4 players who have reached the 2 bbc finals this season

all world champions

i think Barry will be delighted all round regarding quality of matches this week but it needs moving from Telford that should be a priority now.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:telford is a joke venue poor crowds all week

there is another reason ....

the final is 2 weeks before christmas...

im not being funny but how many men can get the day off work to go to the snooker with christmas shopping to be done and nagging in the ear.

Postby jojo

wildjoneseye what quality of the games you talking about pal ?

the commentators keep saying the satandard get higher and higher i agree with that when it comesto potting and making breaks i got no qualms with that pal but what about quality safety quality tactical play quality know how when your backs against the wall

very few players actually show quality when they not just potting and breakbuilding

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:it shoud be moved to middle of november

yes like it was but preston is ideal for mid november snooker and some early christmas shopping the venue is inside a shopping centre ffs :redneck:

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:wildjoneseye what quality of the games you talking about pal ?

the commentators keep saying the satandard get higher and higher i agree with that when it comesto potting and making breaks i got no qualms with that pal but what about quality safety quality tactical play quality know how when your backs against the wall

very few players actually show quality when they not just potting and breakbuilding

quality of matches doesent meen quality of play <ok>

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:wildjoneseye what quality of the games you talking about pal ?

robbo masterclass v ding at end of grandprix 2009

<cool> :D

Postby Wildey

jojo wrote:quality of matches does mean quality of play if the match doesnt have quality then the quality of play is low

low quality of play can be some of the best matches.

Postby GJ

WILLIAMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

smart wants robbo to stay at number 1 in rankings

<cool> :wave: :bowdown:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

jojo wrote:quality of matches does mean quality of play if the match doesnt have quality then the quality of play is low

So Jimmy White and Stephen Hendry are better players than they were almost 20 years ago because their match this week ws more compelling than their 1993 world final ?

:sad:

Nope the highest quality the game had seen was in the late 1990s early 2000s when we had umpteen players at their peak

Postby SnookerFan

case_master wrote:I would love John to win and shove it up the holes of the boo boys :) :D :ahh:

On the other hand I would love Mark to win, real down to Earth guy who has clawed his way back to the top.

I think its a great final for the game, Uncle Barry will be rubbing his hands.

I've wanted that all tournament, but Mark Williams is possibly the one person who could get to the final and make me change my mind. What a story it would be if he won, that long after winning his last BBC tournament.

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was Higgins accused of doing something then? I only ask because nobody has mentioned it all week. :roll:

<laugh> :) <laugh> :) <laugh> :) <laugh> :)
<laugh> :) <laugh> :) <laugh> :)
<laugh> :) <laugh> :)
<laugh> :)

:cracker:

Apparently the Scottish player (who cannot be named for legal reasons) was a mafia target whilst visiting Kiev. :idea:

chicken or turkey?