Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Super match for the neutral, and for once Steve Davis spot on about BO17 this drama you do not get in the BO9 or below.

HE COMES TO HIS SENSES <ok>

Postby jojo

sad for murphy but pleased for williams he deserve his win more than one way to skin a cat he show the younger players you need more than just potting and breakbuilding to win matches

he a credit to the game ok he been lucky with the draw before today but he knew how to beat murphy and did it

Postby Bourne

I guess that's the good thing about the PTCs and the Prem and the World Open, they make you appreciate the UK and Worlds and tight, tense, rollercoaster matches like this more when they come along <ok>

Postby Roland

Mark Williams is smart, that's why he's in the final without playing his best. He's a genius at snooker strategy. Better get practicing those long balls for tomorrow though if he's to have a chance against Higgins. Williams is one of the few players who is completely unphased by John Higgins. He knows how well he's got to play and he knows John's game and importantly, he knows how to rattle him. I wonder if he'll forget to shake his hand before the start of the 2nd session tomorrow.

<laugh>

Postby jojo

sonny let me tell you one thing pal i was going to go to tottenham v chelsea to support chelsea but i told my girlfriends brother he can go instead if robertson or higgins make the final for different reasons i wanted robertson to win higgins to lose now i will stay in and watch the snooker and hope williams hammer him ho i gotta see this

now he can have the tickets and go i will stay in and support williams he in fact has a better chance than murphy would have and i hope he sends higgins into tears like in 2000 ho that will be beautiful
Last edited by jojo on 11 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Rocket_ron

jojo wrote:sonny let me tell you one thing pal i was going to go to tottenham v chelsea to support chelsea but i told my girlfriends brother he can go instead if robertson or higgins make the final for different reasons i wanted robertson to win higgins to lose now i will stay in and watch the snooker and hope williams hammer him ho i gotta see this

now he can have the tickets and go i will stay in and support williams he in fact has a better chance than murphy would have and i hope he sends higgins into tears like in 2000 ho that will be beautiful

cant remember the tears?

Postby footygirl

WILLIAMS WINS TELFORD THRILLER

FORMER world champion Mark Williams edged a see saw thriller against Shaun Murphy to reach the final of the UK Championship with a 9-8 victory.

The Welshman, who had struggled in earlier matches against Stephen Hendry and Mark Joyce certainly raised his game a notch today in the afternoon session - but had to withstand a Murphy stampede at night.

Williams dominated the first frame clinching it with breaks of 46 and 38 and then took a tactical second with the help of a 54.

But Murphy was determined not to allow the Welshman to have things all his own way and responded with a 91. Yet any hopes of being level at the mid session interval were quickly snuffed out by Williams who hammered in a long red and proceeded to make 73 to restore his two frames buffer. Williams looked set too to go 4-1 ahead when going well on a break of 53- but then suffered a thunderous kick in potting the yellow. It was to be the turning point in the frame and Murphy rolled in breaks of 29 and 33 to close to 2-3.

And that reprieve only served to harden Murphy's resolve. The Englishman had not produced the standard of snooker that he had to see off Neil Robertson but a 45 combined with winning a safety battle on the colours to level at 3-3. The last two frames of the session were to go the way of Williams, with the help of a 45 to lead 4-3 and then capitalised on Murphy's miss on a straight red with the rest to clear with 34 and lead 5-3.

Murphy badly needed the first frame of the evening session if he was to stay in contention and avoid a heavy defeat but his inability to take their chances when they presented themselves. It seemed to be catching as Williams was missing a good ratio of pots. With the scores showing 47-23 in favour of the Welshman it was Williams who finally strung together enough points to lead 6-3.

And it looked to be getting progressively worse for the Englishman as he missed a black on 23 to let Mark in with a run of 58 before missing a red to the corner. But then Williams erred as he failed to escape a snooker on two occasion and with Murphy now lying 44-58 in arrears whoever sunk the last red would be favourite to take the frame. The matter was settled when Williams left the red sitting over the centre pocket and Murphy helped himself to a vital 25 to capture the frame and trail 4-6. Encouraged Shaun then took full advantage of a wild attempt at a long red from Williams and stroked in a mid length red with the rest and made a controlled frame winning break of 81 to close to 5-6. Game on between the two former UK and World Champions.

Murphy was now hitting his stride and drilling in a long red from baulk set Shaun on his way to a 129 clearance that squared the match at the mid session interval at 6-6. Could the timing of the interval swing the match.

The answer was to be no as Murphy capitalised on Williams who was now forced to sit bemused and work out where everything had gone wrong. He stroked in an 107 to lead 7-6 and left the the Welshman rooted to his chair as he fired in a 66 in a run of 489 unaswered points.

And counting as Murphy took full advantage of Williams leaving a red to the centre - after another errant safety. With the Welshman, who may well have not known if he was coming or going it was Murphy who closed in on a place in the final. Finally Mark managed to end a dismal sequence of 517 points without potting a ball himself as he sank a close range red and took control of fifteenth frame to lead 59-28 and sealed it to end a sequence of five frames without reply.

It was Mark who enjoyed first opportunity in the sixteenth frame as he stepped in with a 55 only to miss a red to the centre. Given a chance to counter Shaun chipped away at the lead with a 29 before playing safe. With three reds left on the table Mark pulled a rabbit from the hat with a long red from under the baulk cushion, and then put Shaun in desperate trouble by snookering the Englishman behind the brown on the baulk cushion. As Shaun's escape split the two reds and left an easy starter the question was asked off Mark. Could he hold his nerve and clear to force a decider.

So to the decider, and a fitting climax to a wonderful match that swung one way and the other before settling with the Welshman. With a powerfully struck red from baulk Mark put himself into the box seat with some outrageous long pots. The break came to an end on 34 with the double world champion heaping the pressure on Murphy with a punishing safety.

It looked to be the pivotal moment as Shaun struck the red and missed, and to compound his agony saw it roll into a pottable position. Clipping in the red Williams followed with the yellow. But he was not able to capitalise and could only make 11 before running out of position and having to play a negative safety. As Shaun fought to keep his hopes alive he lured Mark into an error. A risky long red was left in a pottable positon for Murphy and he dispatched it and followed with 29 before being forced into a safety that Mark could not escape from. One red left on the table and the scores at 34-45 in favour of Mark- and the blue covering the entrance to the "green" pocket.

Blessed with a supreme talent for sealing miraculous pots Williams took a deep breath and lined up the red. It flew intot he "yellow" pocket and the Welshman finally brought to an end of three hours of the most compelling drama as he cleared up to the pink to win 9-8 and set up a showdown with John Higgins in the final.

Suzy Jardine - Telford

Postby GJ

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
jojo wrote:sonny let me tell you one thing pal i was going to go to tottenham v chelsea to support chelsea but i told my girlfriends brother he can go instead if robertson or higgins make the final for different reasons i wanted robertson to win higgins to lose now i will stay in and watch the snooker and hope williams hammer him ho i gotta see this

cant remember the tears?

WORLDS SEMI'S I THINK NEVER SAW IT BUT hAVE HEARD ABOUT IT

Postby jojo

stupid woman rubs me up the wrong way first she know nothing about snooker whatsoever she doesnt know how to relate to the audience she not presenting blue peter to children she presenting snooker to snooker fans thicko

then she say to mark williams mark you must have thought your out of this tournament at 8-6 down what a deluded thicko if she knew anything at all about snooker she would know a player like williams is never buried when 8-6 down especially against a one dimensional even though quality player like shaun murphy

they can delete this post if they want political correctness gone mad but that woman need replacing they need to get gary lineker or garth crooks in nick them from the football they will do much better than this deluded thicky