Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Surprised no-one's having a go at Robbo for suggesting the world semis and final should be shortened again in that clip this afternoon.

its an opinion mate i dont necessarily think he dislikes the current format but he would ideally prefer a slightly shorer format

i disagree with him but everyone is entitled to their own views

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Surprised no-one's having a go at Robbo for suggesting the world semis and final should be shortened again in that clip this afternoon.

its an opinion mate i dont necessarily think he dislikes the current format but he would ideally prefer a slightly shorer format

i disagree with him but everyone is entitled to their own views

Yeh I know, I just expected certain people here to be jumping on his back swearing at him and allsorts lol

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:Just a reminder that just because you disagree with someone does not mean you have to enter into unprovoked attacks and abuse on other members.
The forum promotes free speech and difference of opinion, however it does not advocate members using this platform to abuse, humiliate, bully or attack other members. Should such behaviour be noted then the moderation team will act accordingly.

Case
Moderation team

:bowdown:

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:Thinking about it Williams deserves a run of the ball after PL game he had against Murphy earlier in the season.

AFTER THAT :bs: interview FROM MURPHY

COME ON WILLIAMS

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:this seems to be the only ranking event murphy plays well in these days

Ding the only man to beat him since 2007 Image

:bowdown:

Postby Casey

thetubberlad wrote:Personally, I'd love to see Allen take the title. He's got the game to be a multiple ranking event winner, and has the attitude to take on the very best. AND he's Irish <cool>

:wave: :excited:

First mini-session tonight is so vital. Mark cannot afford to lose it 3-1

Postby Roland

I think it's fair to say snooker could do with Mark Allen winning in style tonight. You don't beat Higgins without taking the game to him. Mags tried and only just failed the other night, Dotty tried and only just failed. Allen did it to Ronnie at the Crucible and he's got the experience of the 2009 semi to call on. I think he can do it and I hope he does.

Postby jojo

i think he can do it he does have a slight chance if im really honest higgins is an unbelievable player we all know that but snooker needs young players to make their mark and if allen can somehow win tonight that will be brilliant for the game

4-4 is probably the best allen could have hoped for and if its 6-6 tonight you know higgins will be favourite because he always finds it from somewhere to raise his gear when needed done that so many times so in all honesty allen up against it

Postby Wildey

missed that

hes talking through his ass no more to be said really <ok>

ive said it all before and stand by every word.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I think it's fair to say snooker could do with Mark Allen winning in style tonight. You don't beat Higgins without taking the game to him. Mags tried and only just failed the other night, Dotty tried and only just failed. Allen did it to Ronnie at the Crucible and he's got the experience of the 2009 semi to call on. I think he can do it and I hope he does.

Yes i agree, so far i think the opponents have been too respectful of Higgins and have compromised their normal styles of play to an extent, which has played into Higgins hands.

If Allen can come out slightly gung ho and attack minded i reckon he can forge into a 7-5 lead and push on from there.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:I think it's fair to say snooker could do with Mark Allen winning in style tonight. You don't beat Higgins without taking the game to him. Mags tried and only just failed the other night, Dotty tried and only just failed. Allen did it to Ronnie at the Crucible and he's got the experience of the 2009 semi to call on. I think he can do it and I hope he does.

Yes i agree, so far i think the opponents have been too respectful of Higgins and have compromised their normal styles of play to an extent, which has played into Higgins hands.

If Allen can come out slightly gung ho and attack minded i reckon he can forge into a 7-5 lead and push on from there.

you don't beat higgins by being gung ho lol

you got to attack but know when to attack and when to play safe.

Postby jojo

if you play a tactical game against higgins more often than not you will lose because he one of the best tactical players ever

if you established a lead against him then play tactical you still have a chance but not when the scores are level

yes i think allen needs to take the game to higgins in a funny way he has nothing to lose everyone it seems expecting higgins to win not sure if he knows that but allens best chance will be if he play his natural game

however tonight i still make higgins a 70 30 favourite to go through he done it so many times and in a funny way the pressures been taken off him because of his ban and return i think deep down he knows he got away with it now he more relaxed

but i will still be supporting allen tonight make no mistake

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

you don't beat higgins by being gung ho lol

you got to attack but know when to attack and when to play safe.

ok not totally gung ho but i feel the more attacking players have suffered slightly by being a bit too conservative at times, i feel Maguire didnt fully express himself and by letting the match turn into a bit of a tactical battle he played into Higgins hands.

Postby Bourne

I think there's a lot of pressure on Higgins, the way Allen is playing he's taking his chances in the balls more often than not so Higgins has to really play somewhere near his best to win IMO. It might come down to one or two tight ,scrappy frames on the colours that decides it and then I guess you'd give Higgins a slight edge but the way Allen is playing, I think he has a great chance <ok>

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:

He’s playing well enough to do that. So is Higgins though and chances in the balls are limited.

Postby jojo

if allen can somehow come out 7-5 at the interval then he will have a 50 50 chance of winning but only if its 7-5 at the interval otherwise cheating bastard still favourite

murphy or williams v allen in the final will be beautiful however a higgins final against either of those it wont be quite so appealing