Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:
jojo wrote:sonny let me tell you one thing pal i was going to go to tottenham v chelsea to support chelsea but i told my girlfriends brother he can go instead if robertson or higgins make the final for different reasons i wanted robertson to win higgins to lose now i will stay in and watch the snooker and hope williams hammer him ho i gotta see this

now he can have the tickets and go i will stay in and support williams he in fact has a better chance than murphy would have and i hope he sends higgins into tears like in 2000 ho that will be beautiful

cant remember the tears?

WORLDS SEMI'S I THINK NEVER SAW IT BUT hAVE HEARD ABOUT IT

i can remember something between them in the worlds but not in the uk

Postby GJ

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:
jojo wrote:sonny let me tell you one thing pal i was going to go to tottenham v chelsea to support chelsea but i told my girlfriends brother he can go instead if robertson or higgins make the final for different reasons i wanted robertson to win higgins to lose now i will stay in and watch the snooker and hope williams hammer him ho i gotta see this

now he can have the tickets and go i will stay in and support williams he in fact has a better chance than murphy would have and i hope he sends higgins into tears like in 2000 ho that will be beautiful

cant remember the tears?

NOT SURE DOC I WAS STILL IN OZ IN 2000 SO NO IDEA

Postby jojo

it was in 2000 when williams beat the cheating bastard in the semi finals and higgins after he lost would not speak to anyone or do any interviews he was in tears got straight into his car and off he went i just hope williams do a similar job on him tomorrow

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

NOT SURE DOC I WAS STILL IN OZ IN 2000 SO NO IDEA

Yes in the WC semis John couldn't cope with williams's class and i can remember higgins getting rather upset

Postby Casey

Williams :bowdown:

That last red was brilliant. He really pulled it out of the fire by playing intelligent snooker, something Murphy is not capable of.

However I do find it disgusting that the black dropped :huh:

Postby jojo

yes maybe it a scottish thing i totally respect that pal if she sticking up for her fellow scottish one

but to say its one of the greatest ever snooker comebacks in snooker history is an insult to everyone what she think we are all thick ? what a stupid woman she may have her head up higgins dirty bottom but let me tell you one thing pal she does not speak for all the snooker fans if higgins does win tomorrow then it will not be one of the greatest snooker comebacks it will be criminal for the game

Postby Rocket_ron

jojo wrote:yes maybe it a scottish thing i totally respect that pal if she sticking up for her fellow scottish one

but to say its one of the greatest ever snooker comebacks in snooker history is an insult to everyone what she think we are all thick ? what a stupid woman she may have her head up higgins dirty bottom but let me tell you one thing pal she does not speak for all the snooker fans if higgins does win tomorrow then it will not be one of the greatest snooker comebacks it will be criminal for the game

you like the word "Pal" <laugh>

Postby Roland

Well he said afterwards that the white drifted on its path to the black so maybe that's justice. Anyway, that pocket caused him so much grief and it was hit pocket weight so he deserved it to go in. I wouldn't have fancied Murphy to win from that position anyway to be honest because he looked shellshocked but I wasn't about to say that. Much as at 8-6 I still felt Mark had a chance if he could just get in close instead of facing a long red to that same pocket frame after frame and watching Murphy get those racks where the splits go his way without any other work to do.

Murphy is a really really good snooker player. He times the balls beautifully and is a joy to watch just because of his cueing, but he ain't an all time great. He hasn't got what it takes to be a grandmaster. When it comes down to it, he doesn't have the control of the cueball the greats do when they have to play shots which require you stop and think and work out where the white will go. He trusts to luck a lot and he strongly benefits from the smooth tables with no nap. His game is one dimensional in a sense - something mentioned by Robertson. Williams outplayed him and the only reasons for his run of 400 points without reply and Williams not potting a ball for 70 odd minutes was Williams missing the long balls and the power splits working out for Murphy when he got in.

Postby jojo

im sorry for calling her a hussy im sorry if people get upset i dont want to give this forum a bad name but she make me so angry i spat at the monitor i couldnt believe my ears she made me so angry beyond belief

if people think she a good presenter thats their right but i cant stand the stinking site of her shes clueless if you ask me and not much to look at either

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Well he said afterwards that the white drifted on its path to the black so maybe that's justice. Anyway, that pocket caused him so much grief and it was hit pocket weight so he deserved it to go in. I wouldn't have fancied Murphy to win from that position anyway to be honest because he looked shellshocked but I wasn't about to say that. Much as at 8-6 I still felt Mark had a chance if he could just get in close instead of facing a long red to that same pocket frame after frame and watching Murphy get those racks where the splits go his way without any other work to do.

Murphy is a really really good snooker player. He times the balls beautifully and is a joy to watch just because of his cueing, but he ain't an all time great. He hasn't got what it takes to be a grandmaster. When it comes down to it, he doesn't have the control of the cueball the greats do when they have to play shots which require you stop and think and work out where the white will go. He trusts to luck a lot and he strongly benefits from the smooth tables with no nap. His game is one dimensional in a sense - something mentioned by Robertson. Williams outplayed him and the only reasons for his run of 400 points without reply and Williams not potting a ball for 70 odd minutes was Williams missing the long balls and the power splits working out for Murphy when he got in.

He is certainly no grandmaster. Brilliant in the balls, great to watch, smooth and powerfull.

However if he was an intelligent player he would have made sure not to take on a long shot where by Williams could get in close. Mark couldn't pot a long one for 4 frames. Silly Murphy. Great game though and I am delighted for Mark and his family.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Well he said afterwards that the white drifted on its path to the black so maybe that's justice. Anyway, that pocket caused him so much grief and it was hit pocket weight so he deserved it to go in. I wouldn't have fancied Murphy to win from that position anyway to be honest because he looked shellshocked but I wasn't about to say that. Much as at 8-6 I still felt Mark had a chance if he could just get in close instead of facing a long red to that same pocket frame after frame and watching Murphy get those racks where the splits go his way without any other work to do.

Spot on Sonny <ok>

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

jojo wrote:im sorry for calling her a hussy im sorry if people get upset i dont want to give this forum a bad name but she make me so angry i spat at the monitor i couldnt believe my ears she made me so angry beyond belief

if people think she a good presenter thats their right but i cant stand the stinking site of her shes clueless if you ask me and not much to look at either

Don't worry because the damage Higgins has done to the game means this forum is small fry :D

Makes a change that Hazel is praising Higgins , she's usually praising O Sullivan to high heaven

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:

He is certainly no grandmaster. Brilliant in the balls, great to watch, smooth and powerfull.

However if he was an intelligent player he would have made sure not to take on a long shot where by Williams could get in close. Mark couldn't pot a long one for 4 frames. Silly Murphy. Great game though and I am delighted for Mark and his family.

even look at his world title it was all out attack and they went in but if he had played a stronger mentally player i doubt murphy would have a world title no offence to matthew

thats why is Said yesterday markallen needs to think more in tight matches at crucial times with shot selection :) he is talented enough but needs to think more with shot selecton at tense moments

Postby jojo

yes people have to be careful we not criticising murphy saying hes a bad player hes not only an idiot will say that but his problem is he hasnt got a good snooker brain he doesnt know how to mix it up when not potting instead he just go for pots left right and centre

a smarter player will have beaten williams tonight but murphy if hes clever can really learn so much from this game if he get someone like griffiths to analyse the game and change his style not drastically just shot selections then he will be a much better player

on top form he will beat most of the players but like robertson said when things dont go his way he will be punished by a lot of players

im sure today a player like neil roberson would have scrapped it out with williams he know how to win a snooker match ugly two examples being his win over ding in the final last year in the grand prix and then dott in the worlds

he had his player on the rack even though he himself wasnt playing great so he kept things tight kept them off the table not taking silly risks if that was murphy he would have gone for his long ones regardless

snooker not all about potting and breakbuilding they can all do that its about adapting to the situation and murphy hasnt shown that ability neither have most of todays players in their twenties like i been saying

Postby GJ

Now if you remember before their match murphy was saying about robbo being a slow player

I think murphy is jealous that he is doesnt have the snooker brain to think things through he has to go all out attack has its the only way he knows

players like selby and robbo think about different otions available to them depending on circumstances of match.

Postby jojo

if that the case murphy say robertson is slow then if robertson is smart next time they play he should use that to his advantage if possible he should slow down even more and keep things even tighter and frustrate murphy

murphy so far has shown he only knows how to play one way and the signs are he not going to change so its up to robertson to adapt even more when playing murphy

if robertson playing slow is a weakness for murphy then thats fantastic for robertson but he need to use his brain

Postby GJ

smarttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA