Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Mark Williams is smart, that's why he's in the final without playing his best. He's a genius at snooker strategy. Better get practicing those long balls for tomorrow though if he's to have a chance against Higgins. Williams is one of the few players who is completely unphased by John Higgins. He knows how well he's got to play and he knows John's game and importantly, he knows how to rattle him. I wonder if he'll forget to shake his hand before the start of the 2nd session tomorrow.

<laugh>

<cool>

Superb match, superb comeback, Murphy face at the death when MJW was clearing up...................PRICELESS. <ok>

2 perfect score predictions for me in the SFs. <cool>

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:im sorry for calling her a hussy im sorry if people get upset i dont want to give this forum a bad name but she make me so angry i spat at the monitor i couldnt believe my ears she made me so angry beyond belief

if people think she a good presenter thats their right but i cant stand the stinking site of her shes clueless if you ask me and not much to look at either

its ok pal, let out all that anger <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl
:cracker:

Postby vodkadiet

I enjoyed the match today. I would have preferred Murphy to win but his form was in and out and Williams got quite lucky with the run of the ball.

There were 2 blacks today that Williams played that should never have gone in. What happened to the tightening of the pockets? I have taken the break stats in recent years with a pinch of salt as the tables and pockets are becoming progressively easier. It isn't good for the game when balls missing by a distance are sucked in as though there are powerful vacuum cleaners in the pockets.

Postby vodkadiet

I like Shaun Murphy. He plays a nice game and speaks his mind. He speaks well and doesn't resort to "at the end of the day" type cliches. He doesn't mind if he isn't liked universally and that shows class to me. He doesn't pander to the dullards of this world.

Keep it up Shaun and screw the spineless mob who are only comfortable when surrouded by others with similar views.

I hope Williams beats Higgins.

Postby gallantrabbit

You`re right vodka. I`ve never bcked Murphy particularly but he does speak his mind. I backed him gainst Robbo, who`s lost the plot imo, but now I hope Williams wins it as it`s been too long for him without a title. Nice to see omeone winning playing clver snooker. It`s not all breaks.

Postby Wildey

Williams did not win playing clever snooker.

williams won because at the end of the day he is one of the greatest long potters ever and despite what went before he had the guts and balls to still back his strength and it came good at just the right time when the pressure was at it worst.

Postby Monique

vodkadiet wrote:I like Shaun Murphy. He plays a nice game and speaks his mind. He speaks well and doesn't resort to "at the end of the day" type cliches. He doesn't mind if he isn't liked universally and that shows class to me. He doesn't pander to the dullards of this world.

Keep it up Shaun and screw the spineless mob who are only comfortable when surrouded by others with similar views.

Shaun speaks his mind but if you think he doesn't mind if he's not liked universally then you are extremely deluded. He's dying to be the center of attention and loved by fans and fellow pros and that's probably the sole reason behind some of his "digs". I've seen him backstage in quite a number of exhibitions and tournaments and it's absolutely blatant. Shaun certainly isn't a bad guy, he's extremely professional, he gives it his best but he does rub people the wrong way while trying to get himself "popular". He was bullied at school and that probably has shaped some of his behaviours.

And yes agreed. I hope Williams beats Higgins today.

Postby Wildey

eirebilly wrote:Morning Gallant, what do you mean "Robbo's lost the plot"?

yes did not understand that at all.

he lost the match but he kept his composure it was not his day.

Postby Eirebilly

Murphy was playing some good snooker which he is more than capable of and that is why he beat Robbo on the day. I am not a fan of Murphy's, never have been. I just cant warm to him but that doesnt mean that i dont enjoy watching him in full flow as he is so fluent when on song.

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... liams.html

One of Mark Williams's great skills is finding a way to win when he's not at the top of his game.

He has an old fashioned, stubborn, never-say-die attitude and it's served him well in many tournaments where he's only hit form at the business end.

Dave Hendon knows his stuff <ok>

Postby jojo

if murphy bullied at school then that goes some way to explaining why he like the way he is today that explains a lot he probably saying to all the people who bullied him look where i am now im a top snooker player with fame and fortune yes maybe he also looking for attention and love like a normal person maybe something he didnt get in his childhood all that bullying if thats true

so yes maybe he trying too hard to find that acceptance from others and just rub people up the wrong way

Postby GJ

eirebilly wrote:Morning Gallant, what do you mean "Robbo's lost the plot"?

its a mystery bill

bitterness perhaps no idea mate :?

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I like Shaun Murphy. He plays a nice game and speaks his mind. He speaks well and doesn't resort to "at the end of the day" type cliches. He doesn't mind if he isn't liked universally and that shows class to me. He doesn't pander to the dullards of this world.

Shaun speaks his mind but if you think he doesn't mind if he's not liked universally then you are extremely deluded. He's dying to be the center of attention and loved by fans and fellow pros and that's probably the sole reason behind some of his "digs". I've seen him backstage in quite a number of exhibitions and tournaments and it's absolutely blatant. Shaun certainly isn't a bad guy, he's extremely professional, he gives it his best but he does rub people the wrong way while trying to get himself "popular". He was bullied at school and that probably has shaped some of his behaviours.

And yes agreed. I hope Williams beats Higgins today.

good points why woud be come out with so many conroversial statements unless he wanted some attention

spot on monique <cool>

Postby GJ

ANYWAY FOR GALLANT AKA ROBBO BASHER

your idol jimmy wont be getting a world title time to accept it and stop being a bitter man and making silly comments about robbo with no substance .

At least smart is funny with some of his comments yours are just the sad ramblings of a sad man

:)

Postby Smart

Reflecting on last night:

MJW had the guts to keep taking the shots that had the chance to take him to victory (the long pots, that he was missing by the bucket load earlier in the evening).

Murphy played at a much quicker pace in the balls. (Again is he trying to wooo the crowd, in his quest to be a ROS clone).

Snooker brain of MJW vs the ultra (too much) confidence of Murphy.

Great match, a classic. :bowdown:

Postby Tubberlad

Murphy isn't O'Sullivan, never will be and will only do damage to his game if he actually attempts becoming an O'Sullivan clone.

What he is though, is a very fine snooker player who's game I actually enjoy watching, and he could have a bit of success in him if he sticks to that formula.