Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby footygirl

The afternoon session is over on both tables and it is 5-3 on both tables. John Higgins looks as though he is just starting to take control in his match against Stephen Maguire while Mark Allen holds a similar advanatage over Stuart Bingham.

Matches resume tonight and are played to a finish. The winners will meet each other in the semi finals

Postby SnookerFan

footygirl wrote:The afternoon session is over on both tables and it is 5-3 on both tables. John Higgins looks as though he is just starting to take control in his match against Stephen Maguire while Mark Allen holds a similar advanatage over Stuart Bingham.

Matches resume tonight and are played to a finish. The winners will meet each other in the semi finals

Sounds like they are both getting a bit tasty! Which match do people recommend I watch tonight? I am thinking about watching Higgins.

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wmdrp/UK_Snooker_Championships_Highlights_2010_Day_4/

around 32 mins in

THE 2ND FIST PUMP NOT THE FIRST ONE <ok>

its wrong...now the first fist pump is fine as he has just won and it shows he cares but to keep doing it after that is disrespectfull imo

Postby jojo

damn recycling bullocks hate this find out that higgins winning 5-3 this is a nightmare why he keep doing this ?

i have a horrible feeling he will now go on to beat allen in the semi finals and reach the final the tournament will be a total nightmare if higgins wins

i hope maguire can win but from what i gather it was a so so match and higgins finished far stronger in the last two frames apparently maguire missed the boat so things not looking good at all

on another note yes i seen murphys comments but i still cant make up my mind whether it was tongue in cheek or if he was being serious though i tell you something pal if i was ryan day id have told him to go stick it its not the kind of comments you want to hear when you just lost the deciding frame in a major tournament tongue in cheek or not

talk about rubbing salt into the wounds i remember saying yesterday sometimes people dont like murphy for some of the comments he makes it rubs people up the wrong way and surprise surprise a few hours later he does it again

Postby Wildey

yes it must be tongue in cheek havent seen it myself but win frames = win match nothing else counts make 4 centuries in a best of 9 and you can still lose.

Postby Roland

What did Murphy say? And there was absolutely nothing wrong in Allen's fist pump. Can't believe I sat through about 5 minutes of waiting the page to load to see it.

So both quarters poised at 5-3. Pleased for Allen if he gets through. snake hissed off with Maguire if the BBC report is to be believed and Higgins stumbled to a 5-3 lead. Mags has done this before - knocked out the player I was rooting for and then played crap in the next match to lose. Against Mark Williams that time in which he was outstanding and the next day he was rubbish. Sounds like the same again. Hopefully he can get his game together tonight because that's my chosen match to follow at the start of play.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
footygirl wrote:The afternoon session is over on both tables and it is 5-3 on both tables. John Higgins looks as though he is just starting to take control in his match against Stephen Maguire while Mark Allen holds a similar advanatage over Stuart Bingham.

Sounds like they are both getting a bit tasty! Which match do people recommend I watch tonight? I am thinking about watching Higgins.

why don't you draw lots or do ennny menny minnie mow :|

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wmdrp/UK_Snooker_Championships_Highlights_2010_Day_4/

around 32 mins in

its wrong...now the first fist pump is fine as he has just won and it shows he cares but to keep doing it after that is disrespectfull imo

<doh> <laugh> <doh> <laugh>

Doc = GJ lapdog :idea:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

why don't you draw lots or do ennny menny minnie mow :|

agreed :bs:

i think the higgins - mags will turn out to be great..

I AM really upset that mags hasn't lived up to his protential. i mean he should have been WC by now and ruled the sport however he has allowed murphy and Robertson to overtake him

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:

around 32 mins in

<doh> <laugh> <doh> <laugh>

Doc = GJ lapdog :idea:

No i have made it clear in the past that i dont like fist pumps. infact go in the archived and look up last years WC and selbys fist pump with ronnie.
I dont like them.

Now to reaffirm my views on fist pumps

1. when scoreing a 147. yes thats fine its a very special moment
2. winning a decider, yes fine if done once when frame ball potted - not ok if you go dancing around the table keep doing it. just the once is fine

Postby jojo

he missed a black for the match against ronnie in the worlds a few years ago he never fully recovered from that instead he scarred

bit like alex higgins on jimmy white when he make that 69 break if jimmy won that match im sure his career would have been far more successful even though he still an all time great

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:I AM really upset that mags hasn't lived up to his protential. i mean he should have been WC by now and ruled the sport however he has allowed murphy and Robertson to overtake him

:eek: :bs: :eek: :bs:

its true...when mags won the uk back in 2004/2005 i thought thats it a new era has begun...but it didnt and i sometimes get upset for him

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
Now to reaffirm my views on fist pumps

1. when scoreing a 147. yes thats fine its a very special moment
2. winning a decider, yes fine if done once when frame ball potted - not ok if you go dancing around the table keep doing it. just the once is fine

Dear GJsLapdog,

Would you like me to write a letter to World Snooker to express your disgust.....?

I am fairly certain that Barry Hearn will share your concerns and will issue Mark Allen with a ban and heavy fine. In fact it could be the end of his career.

You will be happy with this action and fist pumping will not be tolerated any more for fear of the same meaty punishment.

your sincerely

StalinESQ :santa: