Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby GJ

5 of the top 6 in the current rankings are left so people on other sites saying its a rubbish tournament are very wrong

:D <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
when davis beat him in april at the worlds believe me pal i watched every single shot of that match i even took my laptop in the bog when i was recycling i was so hooked on it

<laugh>

Anyway, you can stop with any conspiracy theories about the Davis match. God knows what was up with Higgins there, he was dire in round 1 and poor against Davis to say the least but there's no way he wasn't trying. Next thing you're going to mention the brown in the UK final last year. It's bullocks that he would do anything in a ranking match, especially a major despite what you may believe about the NOTW sting.

He wasn't at the races back in April though but you don't know what was going on in his life around that time.

I'm inclined to agree. I was at the John Higgins vs Barry Hawkins match, and he struggled all the way through the first session, before turning it on somewhat towards the end. But I think people are going to question that match as it was a shock upset, and it came a few days before Higgins was implicated.

I think next people are going to be saying; "He played better in his second session against Hawkins. He must've thrown frames away in the first one." :roll: I even spoke to one person (a non snooker fan) who said; "How can you watch snooker any more? All the matches are fixed." He'd gone as far as to think every player in the game was fixing matches, due to this scandal.

Even as a John Higgins fan/admirer, I can't honestly say I know that he is innocent. I believed he was innocent, until he mentioned the bit about the mafia. That was too implausible for me. At best he was lying because he didn't want to say; "I'd had a drink, and I said something stupid as a joke". At worst he did it. Personally, I think it was the former. I think the News of the World acted in a way that suggested they cared more about the story, then they did about bringing justice. Other people will have a different opinion, but even so his stupidity has cost a lot of people respect for the game, and some people respect for him.

I personally am all for moving on though. Fair enough if it lessens your opinion of him, but I think arguing about it for years to come is going to harm the sport as much as anything else. I think the BBC, in particular, are right to encourage him. Like it or not, he's been found innocent, and if they keep treating him like he is in disgrace, it's going to remind fans of this whole ugly incident. Something the sport just does not need at the moment.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:My personal choice is no forgiveness, no forgetting - cos I saw the video, heard the words, then we got a nice old cover up. :)

I get that, I do. And he did say he'd do it, so I can understand people being angry. Because whether he intended to do it or not could be considered irrelevant, if he had agreed with somebody to do it.

I just feel them is some slight doubt, considering the way the News Of The World acted. Didn't they refuse to give the uneditted video over at first? We'd only seen, what, like a few seconds here and there that were heavily eddited. Why? Because he did it, or because they wanted to make a story?

And then when he got found innocent, but was banned for six months they went; "Justice has been done, a victory for the News of the World." If they passionately believed in his guilt, or had any particular interest in him or the snooker world, surely they wouldn't have seen him being made out to be innocent and only getting off with six months as a victory. :huh: Also, this whole line of; "There is no suggestion that Higgins has ever taken a bribe in any other match he's ever had." Then why did the News of the World do it in the first place. If he's been innocent in every match up until that point, why go through all that trouble to catch him. They didn't just set a trap, they left the country to do it. They'd have to passionately believe he'd go for it. Either that, or they could trip him up and get a news story out of it. Why would it be the former if previously his record had been beyond reproach?

I believe there was a lot more on both sides that we didn't see. If I could 100% say he was guilty, I would agree. But even with the video footage, I feel I personally can't. And it will harm the sport more then benefit it to keep dragging it up.

Postby GJ

Just like to say i dont mind fist pumping as it shows passion for the game but allens was different he did it first which was fine but then did it again virtually in dings face

bit over the top

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Just like to say i dont mind fist pumping as it shows passion for the game but allens was different he did it first which was fine but then did it again virtually in dings face

bit over the top

That's the one less-annoying thing about Murphy. After his match with Patrick Wallace, he won't over and shook his hand as the winner, and spent a few moments talking to him, to tell him he thought he'd played well. Good to see that, even if Murphy can be a bit of a mug.

Postby vodkadiet

The final of this year's UK is going to reduced to best of 3 frames with a shot clock of 10 seconds per shot..... and be held in a cubicle. BBC won't show it,instead they will show reams of footage of Ronnie O'Sullivan outbursts and petulance over his career. The public gets what the public wants.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:The final of this year's UK is going to reduced to best of 3 frames with a shot clock of 10 seconds per shot..... and be held in a cubicle. BBC won't show it,instead they will show reams of footage of Ronnie O'Sullivan outbursts and petulance over his career. The public gets what the public wants.

WUM <doh>

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul WC wrote:Anyone else hear Murphy's comments after his match? He said the game needs to be changed to stop matches like his where he dominated all game only to just about win after Day's miss in the last frame. What a hammer.

what a wally.

You win frames you win matches im speechless a guy of his intellect talking through his ass what does he want a panel of judges saying whos the best.....and that guy goes through <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

pathetic idiot.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Anyone else hear Murphy's comments after his match? He said the game needs to be changed to stop matches like his where he dominated all game only to just about win after Day's miss in the last frame. What a hammer.

what a wally.

You win frames you win matches im speechless a guy of his intellect talking through his ass what does he want a panel of judges saying whos the best.....and that guy goes through <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh>

pathetic idiot.

he has alot in common with vodka diet

:)

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Just like to say i dont mind fist pumping as it shows passion for the game but allens was different he did it first which was fine but then did it again virtually in dings face

bit over the top

not seen it, can you provide a link as evidence cos I don't believe you <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:The final of this year's UK is going to reduced to best of 3 frames with a shot clock of 10 seconds per shot..... and be held in a cubicle. BBC won't show it,instead they will show reams of footage of Ronnie O'Sullivan outbursts and petulance over his career. The public gets what the public wants.

rofl

So, I take I'm the only one who found that funny. Cutting edge satire.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

I find it funny, just scared that barry hearn might look around on here and get some ideas. :pres:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

I find it funny, just scared that barry hearn might look around on here and get some ideas. :pres:

Hearn can be a bit of a :pud: at times.

Sorry, I just noticed that smilie.

Postby vodkadiet

I won't watch today's matches as the only reason Bingham and Maguire are still in is because Ronnie knows the UK is a worthless event as it is held in Telford and wanted to get out of the town and Selby was forced to play in a cubicle whilst boring laddie-cum-lassie Aussie Robertson was given the tv table.

Postby Casey

bit over the top

How do you know he did that?

Postby Smart

StalinESQ wrote:

bit over the top

not seen it, can you provide a link as evidence cos I don't believe you <laugh>

:idea:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I won't watch today's matches as the only reason Bingham and Maguire are still in is because Ronnie knows the UK is a worthless event as it is held in Telford and wanted to get out of the town and Selby was forced to play in a cubicle whilst boring laddie-cum-lassie Aussie Robertson was given the tv table.

Okay, you were funny the first time, you've gone downhill now. For shame. :sad:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

vodkadiet wrote:I won't watch today's matches as the only reason Bingham and Maguire are still in is because Ronnie knows the UK is a worthless event as it is held in Telford and wanted to get out of the town .

Well let's hope he's not booked a flight to Moscow :snowman:

Postby GJ

bbc 2 this afternoon anyone who watched from the start at 1.30 would have saw it

I CANT PROVIDE A LINK FROM A TV THOUGH

SORRY