Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby jojo

i a robertson fan today i dont think there was much run of the ball if im brutally honest just the better player won i can take it like a man it was good to see a player play so well like murphy did good for the game because that the best standard i seen him play

i think he has a serious chance of adding to his one world title in april in years to come make no mistake about it
Last edited by jojo on 09 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

who is monaing about bad luck

as a fan i never do its a pathetic excuse normally mentionedwhen selby loses or is it the draw

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:who is monaing about bad luck

as a fan i never do its a pathetic excuse normally mentionedwhen selby loses or is it the draw

Did you watch it bro ? Definitely got the run of the ball, but I agree in principle, Robbo had enough chances tonight that's what BO17 allows you, you will always get plenty of chances and Robbo underperformed overall :-(

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

Did you watch it bro ? Definitely got the run of the ball, but I agree in principle, Robbo had enough chances tonight that's what BO17 allows you, you will always get plenty of chances and Robbo underperformed overall :-(

he underperformed mate no doubt i dont see the point in saying pathetic things like

bad luck
tough draws

stupid excuses made by deluded fans

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

he underperformed mate no doubt i dont see the point in saying pathetic things like

bad luck
tough draws

stupid excuses made by deluded fans

I did have a gut feeling that Murphy's tight win against Day would help him with his match toughness whereas Robbo had a couple of 'easy' matches, not really tested never out of his comfort zone, so maybe Shaun felt he had nothing to lose and played a bit more relaxed :huh2:

Postby Smart

wildJONESEYE wrote:i cant help but think Trump this week has missed the boat.

He had a novice in Joyce last 16 then a woefully out of touch Mark Williams in the Quarters.

Joyce is 27 - is that really a novice. Trump has won nothing of significance, nor has Joyce, but Joyce is that much older.............pretty even match up really. Trump-hype will roll and roll <laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

Postby jojo

bourne he didnt underperform pal he play well just murphy play better

i dont think there was much run of the ball at all all this recycling bullocks about run of the ball and robertson underperforming none of it true

i tell you something pal only two players on this weeks evidence would have beaten robertson tonight and that higgins and murphy maybe even maguire the way he play yesterday

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:bourne he didnt underperform pal he play well just murphy play better

i dont think there was much run of the ball at all all this recycling bullocks about run of the ball and robertson underperforming none of it true

i tell you something pal only two players on this weeks evidence would have beaten robertson tonight and that higgins and murphy maybe even maguire the way he play yesterday

jojo

robbo played at around 80 % he made quite a lot of sloppy errors throughout

Postby Bourne

jojo wrote:bourne he didnt underperform pal he play well just murphy play better

i dont think there was much run of the ball at all all this recycling tezzies about run of the ball and robertson underperforming none of it true

Disagree pal Robbo in the first session was very lucky to come out 4-4, made some very uncharacteristic errors that you don't expect from him usually, Murphy played very well but I guess the big factor was that when he got his little lucky breaks, he took advantage of them and fair play to him.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

i dont think there was much run of the ball at all all this recycling tezzies about run of the ball and robertson underperforming none of it true

Disagree pal Robbo in the first session was very lucky to come out 4-4, made some very uncharacteristic errors that you don't expect from him usually, Murphy played very well but I guess the big factor was that when he got his little lucky breaks, he took advantage of them and fair play to him.

robbos safety was dire

anyway its 1 defeat to a former world and uk champion

let the bashers have a field day it shows how pathetic they are

Postby jojo

no pal he play well in the first session all square then he make one or two sloppy errors in the evening against nearly every player that would have been enough

and he deserve his world title he beat carter and dott in the last two matches carter lost to ronnie in the final in 2008 and dott already a world champion and runner up before so the draw opening up for his is bullocks pal

the standard in the final was poor i admit that but he not lucky to win the world title

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:no pal he play well in the first session all square then he make one or two sloppy errors in the evening against nearly every player that would have been enough

and he deserve his world title he beat carter and dott in the last two matches carter lost to ronnie in the final in 2008 and dott already a world champion and runner up before so the draw opening up for his is bullocks pal

the standard in the final was poor i admit that but he not lucky to win the world title

its 1 defeat not the end of the world

as i said let the bashers enjoy their moment

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:You're an Alex Higgins fan witz - Higgins did many things breaking the law and yet when he was on the table that's all that mattered: his ability as a snooker player. Higgins is a victim of his own brilliance. The better he plays, the more he puts himself up there for those who won't forget his blip. The more he wins, the more some people hate him. It's quite sad really.

its quite funny in a way how the DJ issue has split the snooker masses. Whereas I used to respect DJ for his snooker ability, I had commented long before the mafia story was brought to us by those lovely NotW people, that DJ was very much the bread-head type.

I am still finding it quite amazing how some will jump to his defence purely on the back of his playing ability and the fact that they do no want a great champ to be flawed. Well - fact is he is majorly flawed and its been captured, he was caught and it was covered up.

His venture into snooker promotion was not some charitable gesture to the rest of the world with little access to snooker ..... The world series which took us to those lovely places like Warsaw and Jersey was nothing more than an idea to make money.

Then we get the sting where what is the crux of the matter.................yep you guessed right......MONEY (261 big ones).

<laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

So the defenders keep defending, and those without rose tinted specs on keep offering some reality. :)

Postby jojo

ok if people say murphy a bit lucky with run of the ball and robertson underperforming i respect their views we just have to agree to disagree

but from what i seen this season in the snooker ive seen murphy and robertson have a strong chance of adding to their one world title in april i wasnt totally sure about murphy but he put that to bed today he was under pressure but the more pressure he was under the cleaner the pots were no complaints at all pal

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Not like Robbo can be disappointed with a year when he became World Champion, World number one and another title ;)

World Open <laugh> rofl

........ :xmas: the one they all wanted <laugh>

silent for 2 months after robbo won the world title

REXY BOY SHOWS TRUE COLOURS

<laugh> rofl :redneck:

Postby GJ

well at least i congratulate the winner murphy unlike others who moan about tough draws and bad luck when their favs lose a match

good night

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Stats don't always tell the story but compare his stats today to what he was doing during the Worlds or World Open <ok>

he was poor today

murphy played brilliant

That tells me how did he only lose by 2 frames because he is a world champion who can win scrappy frames

Postby GJ

good luck john higgisn get the number 1 spot back

and shut witz and smart up

ROBBO WILL GET IT BACK Soon AS HIGGINS AS LOTS TO DEFEND

BUT ON SUNDAY IF HIGGINS WINS WITZ AND SMART WILL BE SEETHING IF HE IS NUMBER 1 AGAIN

rofl <laugh>

come on higginssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss