Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Sonny wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:15 frames in a row for Robertson

What's the record? How many did Campbell get in 98? :redneck:

Stephen Lee holds the record of consecutive frames won with 33 (38 if you include a 5-0 walkover) but that was spread over the British Open, European Open and International Open

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:wildjoneseye the format you suggest is good in theory pal but in the real world 8 frames actually last longer some sessions already overrun

also you gotta have the gap between matches

i think it was better a few years ago where they held the top four players to play their last 32 match on the saturday with the two table format

or an alternative suggestion if they insist on the current 4 table format they can stick a camera or two in the two cubicle matches they can be available on friewview and wont need a commentator

think you got me and Wild mixed up :wild2: :wild2:

Jojo how can you get wild and witz mixed up

Wild :grrr: :wild2: :rude:

Witz :limp:

Postby randam05

randam05 wrote:
Sonny wrote:None of tonight's matches deserve to be on an outside table. The whole format is a willy up.

hmm in reply to that which i agree with.. i havent enjoyed this tournament very much..have you?

Its been good quality but theres something, as usual, that seems so dead about telford and the arena there..i cant explain but it just has no atmosphere.

Day has won, carters out, ronnies out, whites out, dotts looking good, robertson will win the tournie

:-(

COME ON SELBY AND WILLIAMS FOR THE TOURNIE. :santa: :tree:

Postby jojo

as long as one of the current generation players win it im happy

this generation of players really need to stamp their mark on the game its been a while coming to be honest

personally i dont think it would have been good for the game if ronnie won it at 35 or if higgins wins it at the same age

even though i admire mark williams from their generation id love to see him go far here though it will be better if one of the younger players win it

robertson might be slight favourite but him v murphy if murphy wins will be really tough hard to call

i think it will be good if allen or trump win though

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:The crowd hasn't been very good that's for sure. It'll come alive in the quarter-finals

i hope so :? not been great so far..masters is better :) lots of atmosphere..better players..better crowds

Postby randam05

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
randam05 wrote:
Sonny wrote:The crowd hasn't been very good that's for sure. It'll come alive in the quarter-finals

i hope so :? not been great so far..masters is better :) lots of atmosphere..better players..better crowds

Randam <cool>

:bowdown: :cracker:
Last edited by randam05 on 06 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Well it looks like Selby fouled and left a free ball which Mags potted red, colour and Selby is still playing on 44 behind with 35 left. Make him work for it Mark :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:wildjoneseye the format you suggest is good in theory pal but in the real world 8 frames actually last longer some sessions already overrun

also you gotta have the gap between matches

i think it was better a few years ago where they held the top four players to play their last 32 match on the saturday with the two table format

or an alternative suggestion if they insist on the current 4 table format they can stick a camera or two in the two cubicle matches they can be available on friewview and wont need a commentator

think you got me and Wild mixed up :wild2: :wild2:

Jojo how can you get wild and witz mixed up

Wild :grrr: :wild2: :rude:

Witz :limp:

to quote Roberto from BB VI "WM" :no:

Postby Wildey

another sub plot to todays events with Ronnie going out he will be seeded 9th for Germany and Wales meaning a Top 8 player could draw Ronnie in the Last 16.

Higgins v Ronnie or Robbo v Ronnie in the last 16 not a draw anyone really wants.

Postby Black2white

wildJONESEYE wrote:another sub plot to todays events with Ronnie going out he will be seeded 9th for Germany and Wales meaning a Top 8 player could draw Ronnie in the Last 16.

Higgins v Ronnie or Robbo v Ronnie in the last 16 not a draw anyone really wants.

yes but knowing Ronnie he might not even turn up for this tournament :shy:

Postby Roland

Selby is provisional top 4 at this moment in time, just where he should be finally

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -seedings/

needs to press on in this event to stay there though because Mags is one of those who can displace him