Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby randam05

jojo wrote:this site better than bbc they have a forum on bbc which is a bit dry occasionally i browse there never joined though

i switched over to dott higgins now dott nearly 3-2

Welcome here jojo..seem a keen poster already..28 on your first day and counting! ..brilliant :clap: keep it up <ok>

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
jojo wrote:this site better than bbc they have a forum on bbc which is a bit dry occasionally i browse there never joined though

Welcome here jojo..seem a keen poster already..28 on your first day and counting! ..brilliant :clap: keep it up <ok>

you should of seen his opening shot <laugh>

Postby jojo

wildjoneseye the format you suggest is good in theory pal but in the real world 8 frames actually last longer some sessions already overrun

also you gotta have the gap between matches

i think it was better a few years ago where they held the top four players to play their last 32 match on the saturday with the two table format

or an alternative suggestion if they insist on the current 4 table format they can stick a camera or two in the two cubicle matches they can be available on friewview and wont need a commentator

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:Robbo is playing so well

GJ will be bad monkey bad monkey tonight lol

Yeh but be interesting to see how he copes when he actually faces some decent opposition. McLeod and Higginson have offered nothing and Robbos bound to gain confidence but he could come unstuck when he faces someone whos actually been tested throughout the first 2 rounds.

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:
randam05 wrote:

you should of seen his opening shot <laugh>

haha yes? what happened?

COME ON SELBY ALLEN ROBERTSON HIGGINS.. great so see allen getting some results. ding is poor recentley.

Postby Roland

you're right jojo - we all agree the format of a few years ago was the best one. OK so you missed a couple of last 32 matches but not all and then when tv started you didn't miss a thing.

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:wildjoneseye the format you suggest is good in theory pal but in the real world 8 frames actually last longer some sessions already overrun

also you gotta have the gap between matches

i think it was better a few years ago where they held the top four players to play their last 32 match on the saturday with the two table format

or an alternative suggestion if they insist on the current 4 table format they can stick a camera or two in the two cubicle matches they can be available on friewview and wont need a commentator

think you got me and Wild mixed up :wild2: :wild2:

yeh the times i put (10am, 12.30pm, 3pm, 7pm) are provisional and would be a rolling on rolling off set up. They fit the 3 sessions from half 12 in fine so something like 10,1,4,7 would prob be fine, 3 hours for 8 frames more than enough as has been shown so far in this tournament.

Theres hardly any gaps between the matches at the moment so whats the difference with that and my set up?

Yeh i agree if they stick with 4 tables then its essential they stick a camera on the other 2 tables, how blinking hard is it to do <doh> <doh>

Postby jojo

steve davis beat jimmy white 9-0 in the 1981 uk semi final

someone else beat jimmy white 9-0 in 1989 cant remember who

in 1998 marcus campbell beat stephen hendry 9-0 in the last 32

maybe robertson can do the same but this whitewash if it happens will be less dramatic than the other three

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:you're right jojo - we all agree the format of a few years ago was the best one. OK so you missed a couple of last 32 matches but not all and then when tv started you didn't miss a thing.

i think we all agree

having Selby provisional WN4 playing Maguire Provisional WN 7 in a cubicle away from the TV is not the way forward in a last 16 match

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:None of tonight's matches deserve to be on an outside table. The whole format is a willy up.

hmm in reply to that which i agree with.. i havent enjoyed this tournament very much..have you?

Its been good quality but theres something, as usual, that seems so dead about telford and the arena there..i cant explain but it just has no atmosphere.

Day has won, carters out, ronnies out, whites out, dotts looking good, robertson will win the tournie

:-(

COME ON SELBY AND WILLIAMS FOR THE TOURNIE. :santa: :tree: