Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 7th December

NB 7pm

Stephen Hendry 6-9 Mark Williams
Shaun Murphy 9-8 Ryan Day
Marco Fu 2-9 Stuart Bingham
Mark Joyce 9-7 Judd Trump

Great pot from Mark but a tale of missed chances for stephen he will be gutted he had plenty of chances to win that match

Postby randam05

Hhaa, williams for the win this week please..he will need to play loads better though lol. Not bad after all..higgins, murphy, williams, allen through..just! i thought i was gonna be out of luck and have day, dott, hendry and ding through! almost my worst players!

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Great black! And he's already turned around to shake hands before it dropped. Quality <laugh>

Aye they couldn't get out of there quick enough. Terrible snooker from them both, worst I have seen them play. Williams won tonight 6-1 with doing very little indeed. Joyce up next, it should be interesting to see how he raises his game for it.

Postby footygirl

WILLIAMS BURST SINKS HENDRY

MARK Williams reeled off six out of seven frames to dismiss the challenge of Stephen Hendry 9-5 and enter the quarter finals of the UK Championship.

The Welshman resumed at 3-5 but quickly capturned the opening two frames to level at 5-5. Hendry was having to deal with an oppoant who had cut out a lot of the carelessness that had dogged his opening session. Indeed it was Hendry who was now struggling to deal with his opponant, Williams's was far from his best - but Hendry struggled badly throughout the evening session. And despite leading in the third frame of the session could only watch as Williams inched closer and closer to his lead as they came to the final three colours. Williams was to err first as he missed the blue and left it cuttable to the centre pocket. Hendry sunk it - but then left himself a long pink. The pink was on the side cushion close to the top corner pocket. Hendry struck the cue ball well - but hit the pink plain ball. The pink wobbled in the jaws and wriggled away. To Stephen's horror it was left for Mark to pot it at the second attempt- and then sink the critical black to go 7-5 up.

The Welshman was in the balls as well on the resumption following the mid session interval, only to break down on 32. Hendry pulled himself together with a break of 84 to reduce his deficit to 7-6. Had the momentum shifted.

It appeared to have. Hendry sunk a mid length red, but could only make 12. As Williams managed to leave a red sitting over the corner pocket. A straightforward red. Or was it. It was a horrific miss on the red that allowed Williams in for a 66 before breaking down on a red. It was to prove decisive as Williams moved to within one frame of victory.

There was to be no way back for Hendry, who despite making 49 broke down on a mid length red. Williams countered with 35 before missing the final red along the top cushion. Hendry dispatched the red but then left himself in no mans land. As he snookered Williams on the yellow behind the blue he may have thought he would force an error from the Welshman. Williams though pulled a rabbit from the hat as he fluked the yellow and after winning a safety battle cleared to the pink. But as he lined up the black Hendry appeared to have accepted defeat, having unscrewed his cue. Williams missed the black but was destined only to have a short wait for another chance. Left a long straight black to the "yellow" pocket Williams sank it and turned to accept Stephen's hand.

Williams now faces Mark Joyce, who put paid to Judd Trump 9-7 while Shaun Murphy squeezed through in a final frame decider against Ryan Day to meet Neil Robertson.

Suzy Jardine - Telford

Postby Roland

Yes it's gotta be a case of get your worst game out the way early for Williams. So who knows anything about Joyce and what sort of game he plays? Is he a dark horse? And what about Mark Allen? He let slip a big lead against Ding but held himself together to get over the line. He is well capable of winning this event make no mistake. Don't forget how well he played at the Crucible and it took Dott playing his best to pip him 13-12.

It's always disappointing when players you support go out. I knew Selby had it tough in his quarter - even if he'd beaten Maguire he'd have had to face who Mags has to face so best look toward easier draws in the future with crossed fingers for Selby. But once the quarter-final line is here it's a case of start again, forget about what's been and a new tournament between 8 players and enjoy it.

Dream semi-final line up:

Allen v Maguire
Williams v Murphy

No offence to Robbo but I fancy Williams to beat Murphy more if that's how it pans out. But Murphy/Robbo will reach the final, I'm certain of it.

Allen v Robbo final? Case v GJ

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Yes it's gotta be a case of get your worst game out the way early for Williams. So who knows anything about Joyce and what sort of game he plays? Is he a dark horse? And what about Mark Allen? He let slip a big lead against Ding but held himself together to get over the line. He is well capable of winning this event make no mistake. Don't forget how well he played at the Crucible and it took Dott playing his best to pip him 13-12.

It's always disappointing when players you support go out. I knew Selby had it tough in his quarter - even if he'd beaten Maguire he'd have had to face who Mags has to face so best look toward easier draws in the future with crossed fingers for Selby. But once the quarter-final line is here it's a case of start again, forget about what's been and a new tournament between 8 players and enjoy it.

Dream semi-final line up:

Allen v Maguire
Williams v Murphy

No offence to Robbo but I fancy Williams to beat Murphy more if that's how it pans out. But Murphy/Robbo will reach the final, I'm certain of it.

Allen v Robbo final? Case v GJ

:wave:

I would take that but Higgins will have a big say. Also I hope Stuart Bingham doesn't ruin the party - hes beat Ronnie and now Fu 9-2 :chin:

Postby jojo

im a bit nervous for robertson because murphy a top player i still have bad memories of their world semi when murphy won 17-14

i think robertson can win today he showed he is human can certainly miss balls under pressure but the key with him i feel if he can keep his positional play tight and somehow come out 4-4 in the first session i think he has a chance

both players have an evenly matched style robertson slightly more intelligent break builder in terms of shot selection but his weakness is his positional play when in

i think its improved slightly from 2 years ago but he still need to improve it further because if he not playing well he cant rely on potting his way out of trouble his pots wont go in

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:I think both Murphy and Robertson are much better players than they were even 2 years ago. It should be a classic.

the biggest turning point in robbo career was that performance against higgins in grand prix semi

<cool>

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump falls flat again.

that was a nice draw for him and he couldn't do it again very disappointing ....Taking nothing away from Joyce but if he cant beat him realistically what hope has he at this level.

Postby jojo

the other quarter finals starting from tomorrow

i think higgins v maguire will be close but i have a strong hunch for maguire it appeared he played really good against selby and he also proved hes capable of beating higgins in the uk he did it 2 years ago 9-7

that might help him if the match is tight near the end

higgins has more to his game but you just feel he is liable of missing the odd one here and there when in dott should have finished him off long before higgins came back from 8-7

im unsure of allen v bingham but the significance of the occasion may prove to be allens weakness he knows he needs to do something soon in the game big things expected of him and he has a chance of winning this tournament

bingham there is no pressure on him he likes to go for his pots and not hang around similar to allen so it will be a quick match and if allen starts off well then he will win with a few frames to spare

as for williams v joyce williams will kill him he will definitely play better than he did against hendry

joyce i know nothing of him which tells you everything about him credit to him for getting where hes got to but it was always the case with judd trump you never quite sure which one turns up and i think joyce profited

i think williams will win very comfortably and he will make more breaks than we seen against hendry today his standard will improve

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:Judd Trump falls flat again.

that was a nice draw for him and he couldn't do it again very disappointing ....Taking nothing away from Joyce but if he cant beat him realistically what hope has he at this level.

:D <cool>

Postby Casey

wildJONESEYE wrote:Judd Trump falls flat again.

The same Joyce that beat Carter? :chin:

Postby Bourne

Yeh bit harsh on Judd sometimes there are players like Joyce who just hit an absolute freak run of form, like Lines last year for instance and then don't do anything the rest of the time.