Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Smart

eirebilly wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:another tarnished tournament :|

No, another match tarnished by Ronnies dis-interest. The tournement is not tarnished.

it tarnishes it for me, because I expect everybody to fight and to care and to give 100% - this tourney is another where that simply did not happen DESPITE ALL THE TALK ABOUT INTEGRITY :huh:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:He probably got a text from the ex at 6-4, that's the only thing I can think of. He was playing to lose. No way he'd have played like that against Selby.

weve seen that before against Selby though, the Welsh Open, Worlds and Masters when hes let the big leads slip, sure Selbys played well in them comebacks but Ronnies attitude changed throughout all of those matches similar to the Dott WC semi and Ebdon 2005 WC game when he went gung ho and it was all or nothing, no matchplay / grinding or safety intereted him.

Postby gallantrabbit

Indeed not tarnished. O'sullivan has done this a dozen times. Hope his dad gives him a good kick up the jacksy. I know I know he has bi-polar, so the legend goes, but he also has big amounts of spoilt child in him. If he can't win playing his way he pretends he doesn't care. Muppet and a disgrace to snooker.
Snooker is getting satronger by the minute again. If he doesn't want part let him stay home waiting for his turn with the kids. Hearn said he'd take a stand. Snooker has just been humiliated on live tv. Time to take a stand Barry.

Postby Roland

I disagree about the Masters but certainly he should've won that Welsh final and at the Crucible this year. But even for Ronnie that was poor, blatantly trying to lose. I missed the match in the UK when Perry beat him - what happened in that one?

Postby jojo

stalin integrity just a word pal the commentators use to butter up snooker

i remember when ken doherty said you dont get a lot of thierry henrys playing snooker hes right you dont get a lot of them you get a few ie fransico brothers john higgins quinten hann

ronnies performance or lack of it was boderline cheating, medical condition or not

i actually feel for bingham

Postby Eirebilly

I am not going to let yet another dis-interested Ronnie match ruin a tournement Stalin.

It is becoming rather irritating, if Ronnie doeant want to try or win then he should vacate his place for another.

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:witz pal i share your feelings but try not to be so hard

maybe the guy is suffering i dont want to use it as an excuse but his bipolar disorder makes him liable to mood swings and he just awful at the moment really low also add the fact his father just come out after 18 years what bearing does that have

credit where its due for bingham must have been real tough for him

there was nothing wrong a week ago when he played brilliant and focused to win the PREMIER LEAGUE.

His dads at Telford with him, what more could he want to be settled mentally.

He didnt look at the races the whole of this match but his attitude from 6-4 up was a joke. Didnt even concentrate, played it like a knock about down the club going where you just go for Hollywood pots all day

Postby gallantrabbit

you have to feel for bingham cos he's in a no win. Won because o'sullivan wasn't trying. Just school playground stuff it really is. Don't need that sort of stuff in the game. We need Trump to come through and start making waves, good that he won today.

Postby jojo

gallantrabbit you make a good point pal about trump and im liking that to youngsters or todays generation in general

its up to them to make their mark and put players like ronnie and higgins to bed

the truth is ronnies a massive draw but todays generation has to make their mark and if they already did then maybe we wouldt be talking about ronnie in this way

we need players like selby who not scared and loves playing ronnie

Postby Smart

eirebilly wrote:I am not going to let yet another dis-interested Ronnie match ruin a tournement Stalin.

It is becoming rather irritating, if Ronnie doeant want to try or win then he should vacate his place for another.

Billy - I love the snooker, full stop. I find the ROS side show very irritating. Sorry if word tarnish gets peoples goat, but it dissapoints me a lot to see that rubbish. :|

Postby gallantrabbit

me too cos no-one has ever been strong enough to make a stand. I have a feeling Hearn will though and think he has to. No good him fining Neil Robertson for being 5 minutes late and doing nothing after that type of display.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Bingham wins and once again everyone is mentioning O'Sullivan . Sums up Ronnie's attitude I think the game would be better off without him . At least everyone else gives 100 per cent .

Even a Hendry die hard like myself felt slight sorrow for Jimmy White at his great effort this afternoon . There's somethging wrong somewhere when a player obviously doesn't care if he loses

Postby Eirebilly

StalinESQ wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I am not going to let yet another dis-interested Ronnie match ruin a tournement Stalin.

Billy - I love the snooker, full stop. I find the ROS side show very irritating. Sorry if word tarnish gets peoples goat, but it dissapoints me a lot to see that poo. :|

Me as well. Its becoming very old. I cant stand Ronnie when he is like this, not only does it cheapen the game, parakeet the pundits but it also cheapens the victory for his opponant. How would Stuart Bingham feel now knowing full well that Ronnie tried to lose. I for one would be livid and make a complaint.

Postby simplysnooker

Nice one Sully! Why did I put him as finalist?

First Round has been great, some good matches, Selby/Walden, Lee/Higgins and White/Hendry were all cracking matches for different reasons. I know its been put to death now, but it is a shame, for such a big tournament we only see half of the First and Second round matches. I saw on the BBC programme today, they had a camera in the Mark Williams match, so they could have highlights of the cubicle games on the Highlights show :/

Postby footygirl

BINGHAM SENDS O'SULLIVAN PACKING

STUART Bingham pulled off his first victory over Ronnie O'Sullivan as he sent the former UK champion crashing out of the tournament 9-6.

At close of play yesterday O'Sullivan and Bingham were 4-4. However the Rocket could count himslef highly fortuante to be on level terms as Bingham was the better player. And for a an hour today it looked as if the Rocket would pull away to a victory, especially as he built a 6-4 lead.

But Bingham, who had never beaten O'Sullivan pulled himself together and soon levelled at 6-6. The match was now the best of five, and it was Bingham who, despite making mistakes of his own was taking full advantage of Ronnie's numerous errors. A 40 break for Bingham came to an end in the vital 14th frame, when he missed a routine red. O'Sullivan was only able to make 24 before missing- and the returning Bingham swooped with a 44 to move 7-6 in front.

With Ronnie in disarray it was no surprise when Bingham pieced together enough points to move 8-6 in front - and then completed victory in frame 15 when O'Sullivan bungled his break off shot. Stuart's initial 48 put the Rocket under the most severe pressure, and when O'Sullivan missed a simple blue it was Bingham who stepped in with 19 to wrap up a deserved victory.

Joining Stuart in the second round was Shaun Murphy who dispatched Patrick Wallace 9-5 and will now face either Ryan Day or Mark King, who are currently locked at 7-7.