Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Face it, Ronnie will always be on a tv table. Accept it.

no i will not accept it and never will.

if they put on a classic match in a cubicle so they show Ronnie the bucking Beeb will get to know how much i wont accept it.

Postby Witz78

aussiewild wrote:Bourne

Totally agree its time Ronnie found his way on to a Cubicle table if theres a better Match Up.

its frustrated the rubbish out of me that Ronnie vs Jack rubbish gets a TV Table above every other match.

hes the biggest draw in the game. end of <ok> Hes effectively this generations White or Higgins who has the masses behind him.

why do you think his games are usually always on the afternoons thru the weekdays, for the Beeb to get maximum viewing figures.

Anyway you say its time Ronnie was put on a non TV table yet earlier in the week you were saying Hendry would always get a TV table whoever he played. Double standards :john:

Postby Bourne

But we've seen him enough, what is the chance that something unreal happens against Bingham R1 of the UK ? Remember people thought the Liang match in Sheffield would be spectacular, what happened ? Look, he'll get through past Bingham and then face Fu in all likelihood, then we'll see him on a TV table, what's the problem with that ? At least this way we wouldn't have to miss out on a potential thriller between two more evenly matched players who don't get the same exposure :huh2:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:But we've seen him enough, what is the chance that something unreal happens against Bingham R1 of the UK ? Remember people thought the Liang match in Sheffield would be spectacular, what happened ? Look, he'll get through past Bingham and then face Fu in all likelihood, then we'll see him on a TV table, what's the problem with that ? At least this way we wouldn't have to miss out on a potential thriller between two more evenly matched players who don't get the same exposure :huh2:

totally agree.

and it also highlights the failings of the UK that we are discussing this at all.

they should come up with a different lay out so that all matches are on TV Tables. a young player excited hes going to telford but nobody told him that they taking the cubicles with him.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:But we've seen him enough, what is the chance that something unreal happens against Bingham R1 of the UK ? Remember people thought the Liang match in Sheffield would be spectacular, what happened ? Look, he'll get through past Bingham and then face Fu in all likelihood, then we'll see him on a TV table, what's the problem with that ? At least this way we wouldn't have to miss out on a potential thriller between two more evenly matched players who don't get the same exposure :huh2:

the fact is him, Robbo, Selby, Higgins etc are the top stars and they are the ones at the top who the public want to see.

The other guys have to get to the top then they will get in the spotlight too.

Why do you think that the top 16 always get automatically thru to the venue (a few exceptions in the World Open) because they are the stars and the event needs them there. Just look at the apathy towards the PTC finals from some because some of the bigger names arent there.

What happens if Ronnie gets beat by Bingham or makes a 147 and its not on TV <doh> Sports always slightly unpredictable and you have to favour the big stars.

Put it this way, SKY would rather show Man U v Sunderland than Wigan v Wolves on a Sunday :john:

Postby Bourne

Yeh there's no way there should be kyoobicools in the 2nd major but then we've had this discussion for years now and they seem intent on leaving it as it is, so what can we do :huh2:

Postby Witz78

aussiewild wrote:

totally agree.

and it also highlights the failings of the UK that we are discussing this at all.

they should come up with a different lay out so that all matches are on TV Tables. a young player excited hes going to telford but nobody told him that they taking the cubicles with him.

betting wise now i think about it, that may favour Ford v Allen actually :chin:

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Yeh there's no way there should be kyoobicools in the 2nd major but then we've had this discussion for years now and they seem intent on leaving it as it is, so what can we do :huh2:

suppose its probably better this way than the old way when everyone entered at the non tv stage and only so many made it to the 2nd week of the tounament in the last 16 when TV coverage began.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

the fact is him, Robbo, Selby, Higgins etc are the top stars and they are the ones at the top who the public want to see.

Why do you think that the top 16 always get automatically thru to the venue (a few exceptions in the World Open) because they are the stars and the event needs them there. Just look at the apathy towards the PTC finals from some because some of the bigger names arent there.

What happens if Ronnie gets beat by Bingham or makes a 147 and its not on TV <doh> Sports always slightly unpredictable and you have to favour the big stars.

Put it this way, SKY would rather show Man U v Sunderland than Wigan v Wolves on a Sunday :john:

I know they're the top players and I respect that, but my point is that we're gona get to see them later in the tournament anyway, so why should we see their (19 times out of 20) easy R1 passages at the expense of some journeyman while more evenly matched guys are fighting it out tooth and nail in some epic with two flys on the wall for company ? I'm not picking on Ronnie btw, he is something special but I was only being hypothetical.

Postby Tubberlad

aussiewild wrote:
randam05 wrote:white hendry will be a poor quality match...

10 times better match than Ronnie v Bingham.

White v Hendry every single time <ok> magic before quality in this case... and anyway, we're hardly going to see fireworks from Bingham, even if he is playing Ronnie

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Yeh there's no way there should be kyoobicools in the 2nd major but then we've had this discussion for years now and they seem intent on leaving it as it is, so what can we do :huh2:

suppose its probably better this way than the old way when everyone entered at the non tv stage and only so many made it to the 2nd week of the tounament in the last 16 when TV coverage began.

but is it when 24 sessions and roughly 204 Frames nobody will see.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I know they're the top players and I respect that, but my point is that we're gona get to see them later in the tournament anyway, so why should we see their (19 times out of 20) easy R1 passages at the expense of some journeyman while more evenly matched guys are fighting it out tooth and nail in some epic with two flys on the wall for company ? I'm not picking on Ronnie btw, he is something special but I was only being hypothetical.

its just the way it is, all sports are the same and always have been over the years.

But yeh i totally agree that theres no way there should be cubicles at the UK and this farcial situation shouldnt exist.

I take your points on board cos last year we had to "watch" that classic R2 UK match between Lines and Williams on livebleedingscoring <doh>

Postby Witz78

aussiewild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

but is it when 24 sessions and roughly 204 Frames nobody will see.

i know, i dont agree with the current set up at all.

But i was explaining that the old 2 week set up of the UK with TV coverage only starting in week 2, we still missed a fair whack of the action so theres not really any difference.

Postby Wildey

good shout

yes Lines v Williams was probably the right match to be played in cublicle but was also the tie of the round even top 2 or 3 of the tournament.

its the UK ffs how is that right :?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:I was tempted to put McLeod vs Robbo in that same category but i'm not so sure now, I can see that being a tight affair.

better not be, im taking Robbo minus 3.5 frames. It will be the only time GJ is happy to see Robbo struggle to win rofl

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Can see some close R1 matches but the favo pulling through, my only real 'upset' is Ford over Allen :chin:

I can see a few shocks.

Im thinking that Doherty is due to beat a seed and i think he can roll back the years v Maguire who is due a bad result at the UK.

Whilst not a shock as such i strongly fancy the unseeded Trump to beat Cope (and with ease)

Lee will push Higgins very close i sense and a shock cannot be ruled out, though i expect the scumbag to sneak through 9-7 probably.

Postby Bourne

:redneck:

Lee is one of my bogey players everytime I back him to win he plays awful and vice versa :(
Dott vs Gould looks very tough to call, I guess Dott has the edge over this longer format but if Gould turns up on form then I can't see Graeme living with him