Topic locked

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Qualifying !!!!!!!!

Postby Roland

randam05 wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
Sonny wrote:
randam05 wrote:Oh wow joe swail pulls another one back..i am LOVING this..ever since his run to welsh open final where i met himand WC second round match with wenbo (which by the way was one of my favourite matches ever) i have really liked the guy. A LOT.

Funny that because I went right off him after the Wenbo match at the Crucible. He is very good to watch when he plays his natural game, I could watch his wrist flicks all day long but I didn't like his attitude during and after the match. He's one of those players who can't take it when someone gets a bit of run of the ball against him.

Didn't help that Liang started blatantly cheating and also celebrated in his face dispite the fact the match was far from over.

ha thanks alex. i remember that

What happened as I remember it, is that Liang was well in front in the match, and Swail did what he does best at the Crucible and play his best when his opponent only needs one or two frames. He came back at Liang but in one frame Liang only needed brown and blue to leave Swail needing snookers. He potted the brown and got excited (and it wasn't in Swail's face) and I can't remember if he potted the blue or not, I think so but Swail got the snooker and won the frame. Liang celebrated early before frame ball and it was funny.

Then in the decider he was well ahead, I think 27 with just the colours and Swail played the shot which left the yellow almost snookered. Liang should've played the yellow direct first time but it was close to the black so had an attempt at cushion first, fouled and gave Swail points which let him back in the frame. When the ball was replaced he chose to hit the yellow direct which was on the first time. OK it was slightly easier, and that was the bone of contention but it wasn't like the shot was more than ever so slightly different and Swail gave the go ahead to the ref that he was happy with the position of the white. But Swail then got in from it and then missed a ball he should have got to leave Liang the chance to clear up where again he punched the air before match ball which I found hilarious and endearing because most people would've learned from the first time.

Swail had the entire Crucible behind him and he had a scowl on his face throughout the match and was shaking his head at every conceivable piece of "luck" going. I couldn't understand how with the vibrance of youth and the enthusiasm and balls out bravery shown by Liang, everyone was behind the bloke with the scowl who was shaking his head at everything.

:santa:

Postby Alex0paul

simplysnooker wrote:This Liang/Swail game, was it the 2009 Worlds. Might have a look for it!

2008. The only decent match in the whole championships that year

Postby GJ

JAMAICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Postby Wildey

this is why longer matches are better theres swings in them from one player to the other over different sessions

Postby Smart

StalinESQ wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:This Liang/Swail game, was it the 2009 Worlds. Might have a look for it!

Perry / Mags

Perry / Carter

ROS / Hendo

:idea:

The first round had 3 classic encounters.

Hendo / Allen

Ebbo / Cope

Bazza / Carter

:idea:

Postby randam05

simplysnooker wrote:Joe Perry 6-8 Jimmy White COME ON JIMMY!!!!!
Liang Wenbo 5-7 Rory McLeod GO ON RORY!!!!!

Found it, only the last 5 frames :(

anyway i can see it? <cool>

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul WC wrote:

Ebdons comeback v Cope in Round 1 was a fave of mine :bowdown:

oh and the Ronnie demolition job in the semis was awesome :bowdown: :bowdown:

But i was at that Swail - Wenbo game too and i disagree that the crowd were 100% behind Swail, infact i know i wasnt so that aint 100% <cool> . Sure a lot of people wanted the comeback to increase drama etc but Wenbo had endeared himself to the snooker world that year and many wanted the new naive innocent kid on the block to win. <ok>

Postby Roland

That's not how it came across on television, all the cheers were for Swail and polite applause for Liang but if you were there I can't argue with it.

I was with Stalin when he faced Ronnie in the next round.

Postby GJ

gallantrabbit wrote:GJ expected better from you. Wait till Jimmy has closed it then I'll ram in down your throat!! in a friendly type way :john:

all these jimmy fans are wimps when the poor boy was losing 4 in a row they didnt have the bottle to post anything

gallant

:tvrky: <laugh> rofl

only john did :afro:
Last edited by GJ on 01 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.