SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
more useful with the qualifier being named me thinks <laugh>

Well, me thinks, there isn't a lot I can do about that at the minute? <laugh>

aye, in fairness your prabably right at this minute, to be sure <ok> :wave:

Re: UK Championship draw

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Excited yet? <cool>

To be fair, I think we are all more excited at the moment about Power Snooker.

<laugh> Just Kidding... The UK will be good.

Postby Steve K

The quality of play in the UK championship should be awesome. They have had so much match practice on the run up to it with all the PTC events, and we will definately see more people ranked 17-64 reach the final 16 due to this extra match practice, might even be a shock semi-finalist or finalist (Mark Davis, Walden, Gould, Stevens etc).

Postby randam05

Steve K wrote:The quality of play in the UK championship should be awesome. They have had so much match practice on the run up to it with all the PTC events, and we will definately see more people ranked 17-64 reach the final 16 due to this extra match practice, might even be a shock semi-finalist or finalist (Mark Davis, Walden, Gould, Stevens etc).

:clap: <ok> Good call

Apart from stevens as a suprise semi finalist or finalist. To me he would be a suprise first round winner..

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Steve K wrote:The quality of play in the UK championship should be awesome. They have had so much match practice on the run up to it with all the PTC events, and we will definately see more people ranked 17-64 reach the final 16 due to this extra match practice, might even be a shock semi-finalist or finalist (Mark Davis, Walden, Gould, Stevens etc).

Apart from stevens as a suprise semi finalist or finalist. To me he would be a suprise first round winner..

rofl

Postby Tubberlad

randam05 wrote:

No way to speak about the greatest of them all :santa:

Postby sundaygirl

I maybe biased but I'm going tip Matthew to do well at this years UK .
I like his draw after Ding and I hoping that Ding will feel the pressure of being defending champion.

Postby randam05

Lol sorry tubber and sundaygirl..in the back of your mind you must know it though? But if he does I will eat my hat and paint your house!..and bow down to you..but im pretty certain.

Save this quote if you are so sure and send it back to me when he has a run to the semis to tell me what a hammer i am!

Postby Tubberlad

Ding will be a contender to win it again. As will Robertson, and maybe Selby. Wouldn't fancy John Higgins after his long lay-off and everything that's happened him, and I don't think I'll be tipping O'Sullivan either.

Postby randam05

thetubberlad wrote:Ding will be a contender to win it again. As will Robertson, and maybe Selby. Wouldn't fancy John Higgins after his long lay-off and everything that's happened him, and I don't think I'll be tipping O'Sullivan either.

Yh, good call. Gould maybe deadly..

Ali carter is always going to do pretty well..

And im hoping williams will do very well..infact he would be who i want to win the tournament along with selby.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Excited yet? <cool>

That bloke in the black T-Shirt in the crowd at 9:05 who on witnessing a 147 leans over to a girl and speaks to her. Can you see him? What a hammer..... rofl
Last edited by SnookerFan on 27 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

It was you we saw swigging a bottle of pepsi at the Crucible :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:It was you we saw swigging a bottle of pepsi at the Crucible :redneck:

Well done for getting the joke. :clap: <laugh>

One year at Telford, I got recognised on the second day. Some woman came up to me and went; "You were here yesterday." I said; "Yes." She said; "I saw you on telly watching Steve Davis vs Ding." I didn't really know how to reply but she kept on, as if she was meeting her favourite pop star. She went; "You were wearing a red t-shirt." I was like; "I know." <laugh>

I thought she was going to ask me for my autograph.

Postby Roland

So what do we have so far?

Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens
Mark Allen v Tom Ford

Marco Fu v Barry Hawkins
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bingham

Stephen Maguire v Ken Doherty
Mark Selby v Ricky Walden

Graeme Dott v Martin Gould
John Higgins v Stephen Lee

Ali Carter v Mark Joyce
Jamie Cope v Judd Trump

Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White
Mark Williams v Mark Davis

Shaun Murphy v Patrick Wallace
Mark King v Ryan Day/Jamie Burnett

Peter Ebdon v Andrew Higginson/Dominic Dale
Neil Robertson v Liang Wenbo/Rory McLeod

Postby Alex0paul

Don't think it could rival the 2004 UK quarter final lineup;

Perry v Carter
Gray v Dott
King v Parrott
Lee v Maguire

One of the best tournaments ever.

Postby GJ

good luck robbo and stevens

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:It was you we saw swigging a bottle of pepsi at the Crucible :redneck:

Well done for getting the joke. :clap: <laugh>

One year at Telford, I got recognised on the second day. Some woman came up to me and went; "You were here yesterday." I said; "Yes." She said; "I saw you on telly watching Steve Davis vs Ding." I didn't really know how to reply but she kept on, as if she was meeting her favourite pop star. She went; "You were wearing a red t-shirt." I was like; "I know." <laugh>

I thought she was going to ask me for my autograph.

everytime i introduce anyone to Front Row Brian or Stalins pal the Welsh guy :love: they appear starstruck at seeing somebody in the flesh who theyve seen on the tv so many times rofl

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: was going to ask me for my autograph.

if she DID ask, would you of done it :chin: :idea: :chin: :idea:

I dunno. <laugh>

Remember that old advert with Wyclef Jean where he signed an autograph, and it ended up being a contract to be a fan's slave for life? For some reason I think it was for Virgin Broadband, but I can't remember why.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: was going to ask me for my autograph.

if she DID ask, would you of done it :chin: :idea: :chin: :idea:

I dunno. <laugh>

Remember that old advert with Wyclef Jean where he signed an autograph, and it ended up being a contract to be a fan's slave for life? For some reason I think it was for Virgin Broadband, but I can't remember why.

<laugh> rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:What a surprise, Selby is in the same section as Higgins and O'Sullivan. Fix.

I know. And to have Ronnie drawn against the mighty Stuart Bingham as well. :sad:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:What a surprise, Selby is in the same section as Higgins and O'Sullivan. Fix.

I know. And to have Ronnie drawn against the mighty Stuart Bingham as well. :sad:

I reckon Stuart had the draw fixed so that he would face Ronald Jnr :|

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:I also have Higgins as a big threat, he's a backs-against-the-wall player and will love the challenge of getting back into the competitive arena again. The first match will probably be the hardest one, nerves etc, but if he gets through that ...

i dont not in the UK.

he has family issues plus his first tournament back....it will be very very tough for him.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:I also have Higgins as a big threat, he's a backs-against-the-wall player and will love the challenge of getting back into the competitive arena again. The first match will probably be the hardest one, nerves etc, but if he gets through that ...

i dont not in the UK.

he has family issues plus his first tournament back....it will be very very tough for him.

:evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

:bird: :bird: :bird:

yes far play he really showed what hes made of.

during the early naughties there was question marks over johns bottle but hes answered them now.