Topic locked

Wyldecrest Park Homes World Seniors Championship !!!!

Postby Wildey

Its the Turn of Players of yesteryear mixing it with some of todays Players this Weekend.

The Format of Play will Look Like This

Friday November 5

4.15pm

The draw

7.30pm

Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond

Saturday November 6

11am

Ken Doherty v Ebdon/Bond

Followed by

Jimmy White v Cliff Thorburn

3pm

Steve Davis v Joe Johnson

Followed by

John Parrott v Dennis Taylor

7.15pm

Semi-final 1

Sunday November 7

12pm

Semi-final 2

3pm

Final

The quarter-finals are best of three frames, semi-finals best of five and the final best of seven.

Re: Wyldecrest Park Homes World Seniors Championship !!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:They've even got odds on this :?

thats Just Wrong

im sure its competitive however players Like Thorburn will be trying harder than say Ebdon who is Ranked 11th in the World.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Ebdon 5/2
Thorburn 33/1

:chin:

Ebdon is definitely fave for the Tournament based on form however he still has hopes for the UK so winning this wont be on his priority list.

if i put a bet on this For me Jimmy White is Favorite....he is so desperate to win anything

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:There shouldn't be odds because it'll be banter with the crowd between shots a la Legends Tour I would imagine.

exactly bookies do open themselves up to being taken for a lot.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:Its the Turn of Players of yesteryear mixing it with some of todays Players this Weekend.

The Format of Play will Look Like This

Friday November 5

4.15pm

The draw

7.30pm

Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond

Saturday November 6

11am

Quarter-final 1

Followed by

Quarter-final 2

3pm

Quarter-final 3

Followed by

Quarter-final 4

7.15pm

Semi-final 1

Sunday November 7

12pm

Semi-final 2

3pm

Final

The quarter-finals are best of three frames, semi-finals best of five and the final best of seven.

Players Taking Part are

Steve Davis
Cliff Thorburn
Dennis Taylor
Joe Johnson
Jimmy White
John Parrott
Ken Doherty
Peter Ebdon
and
Nigel Bond

Ebdon and Doherty are too young and high up the rankings to be involved in this. Bond is not a legend so i wouldnt have him among this field.

Jimmy and Steve are still playing on the tour but are true greats who go right back to the early 80s and are worthy of a place in this.

Players id like to have seen competing here are

Willie Thorne
Terry Griffiths
Kirk Stevens
Mike Hallet
Neal Foulds
Tony Knowles
John Virgo

Postby Wildey

its not a Legends Event its a Senior Event therefore Bond is most definitely eligible on that basis.

and for that matter a more Succesfull player than Willie Thorne,Kirk Stevens,Mike Hallet, Neal Foulds and John Virgo.

Postby Witz78

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:its not a Legends Event its a Senior Event therefore Bond is most definitely eligible on that basis.

and for that matter a more Succesfull player than Willie Thorne,Kirk Stevens,Mike Hallet, Neal Foulds and John Virgo.

i know thats its not a legends event but i think Bond is still too young and current to be involved.

Id dispute that hes more successful than Foulds and Thorne. And we all know hes never going to be as legendary as any of them other guys.

I just think its an unfair event. Its pretty much certain that IMO Ebdon or Doherty will win, Jimmy or Steve at a push might run them close but the old guard are making up the numbers sadly and will be humiliated to an extent i feel.

Postby Wildey

Ebdon is not only Current he is World no 11 so i agree it would be better with not on main tour criteria to play in a senior event Steve James,Alain Robidoux etc etc lets see these players again.

Postby Monique

So the draw has been made and although it isn't yet on WSA site, it's in the media ;)

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/s ... n/?ref=rss
Joe Johnson to face Steve Davis again

Joint tournament organiser Joe Johnson has landed an "interesting" draw for tomorrow's Wyldecrest World Seniors' Snooker Championship at the Cedar Court Hotel in Bradford.

Johnson faces Steve Davis in a quarter-final in what is a repeat of their 1986 and 1987 World Championship final at The Crucible.

Former world champions could also meet in two of the other last-eight ties, with John Parrott meeting Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty facing the winners of tonight's match between qualifier Nigel Bond and Peter Ebdon.

Canadian Cliff Thorburn, the first overseas player to win the crown, plays perennial Crucible favourite Jimmy White in the remaining match.

Bond faces Ebdon over the best-of-three frames at 7.30 tonight, with the quarter-final action starting at 10.30am tomorrow, again over the best-of-three frames.

The first semi-final is at 7pm tomorrow, and the second semi-final at 11.30am on Sunday (both over the best-of-five frames), with the final to follow later in the afternoon over the best-of-seven frames.

The draw was made this afternoon at Cue Gardens Snooker Club at Odsal, with special guests the Lord Mayor of Bradford and Lady Mayoress, Councillor Peter Hill and Mrs Gillian Hill.

Cliff vs Jimmy ...clash of styles ;)

Postby Wildey

if anyones interested to following the Progress of the Seniors they can it looks like on Live Scoring http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Default.aspx?p=1

but will have to wait until Christmas to see the Action unless Bourne can put us in the direction of a illegal Streaming site ;)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Indeed ... but one could use a differently smiley to salute him ?

a glass of Guinness is the Perfect salute RIP Was when he left us :-(

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:ohhhhhh rubbish while finishing off 2 bottles of wine and stuffing my face with turkey there will be another turkey on my screen singing <doh> .

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... voice.html

At least he wouldnt be miming <cool>

true <ok>

Rumour has it though that he took 12 minutes to sing a 4 minute song :scared:

rofl rofl

if Ronnie was singing he would be finished before it started <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Nigel Bond Beats Ken Doherty 2-0 and advanced to the Semi final where according to Jason Francis Organizer of the Legends Tour on TSF it will be a Random Draw for the Semi Final line up.